Matt Schaub to be traded to Texans

frankiegotti

Power Boat Enthusiast
This is a good move by the texans but i question the front office of atlanta because they are putting their eggs in one basket with vick.

By day's end atlanta falcons will trade matt schaub to the houston texans according to NFL sources. The texans will surrender a second round pick and their could be other compensation involved.

The trade has massive ramifications. The texans have their quaterback of the future in schaub. Atlanta Falcons do not have a back up QB anymore. This would shake up the draft as well because once considered a viable trade up option for the texans to get brady quinn, that option no longer seems for them with the signing of schaub.

Brady Quinn derby now includeds Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Vikings, and Miami Dolphins.

This is great news for Matt Schaub if it's true.

It's really probably good news for bettors, too, because even though he's got some experience, we'll get a pretty green QB in Houston this year.

I also think this is relatively good news for the Browns from the trade perspective. People still want Adrian Peterson, including the Texans, Ahman Green not withstanding.

So, if the Browns play this right, they might be able to trade down twice. Once from three to say six with Washington, then from six to eight with Houston.

Just a thought. An optimistic Browns-homer kind of thought.

smoke, i would imagine it because soo many pro atheletes are total arrogant pricks.

I am a cleveland fan joe and i do not see a trade down b/c they signed ahman to a 4 year deal and it seems as if he is there guy for at least the next couple years. Unless someone desperatley wants calvin johnson i just do not see the trade down.

I know Green's there, FG, but I'm not sold that he's a long term answer. I'm also sure AP is a Texas kid, so he could make the splash they missed out on VY last year. And then you could have the two back system teams seem to really want to have these days.

Just my theory, though.

I agree with a 2 back system and that most teams have it, but texans have a alternate back for the 2 back system. I don't know if houston would be aiming for hitting it with the fans because even with a poor team they still sell out every single game.

Your scenario does sound pretty good but, it is no secret to a good portion of GM's that running backs are interchangable. Free agent pick ups can make good starting backs. That is the main reason i do not think the texans will sacrafice extra picks to trade up, also they don't have a 2nd rounder this year to trade and i think that is one of the main bargaining tools that other teams want if they would trade down. Just my 2 cents.

I'm sure I'll be the lone dissenting vote here, but I LOVE this move for the........FALCONS? Yes, The Falcons could, if they choose to, use that second rounder this year for a good backup (a type of pocket QB that Petrino would love), and still move up 2 slots and add a 2nd rounder for next season.....I dont see why the Texans dont trade for Trent Green (I think the Dolphins gave up a 7th rounder for him)...Green is a proven NFL starter and Schaub has done what????? The Falcons got more the optimum value for there bacjup and they still have the most Dynamic Weapon in all of football taking the snaps.......

Me arguing how good VIck is is a totally different discussion.....My bias comes from this....I play in a rec. sandlot league....7-7 full contact.....Our QB went down 2 years ago, I had to take over (I'm 260 pounds, hence my love for Jared Lorenzen)....anyway...The QB is the one person who gets the ball EVERY play.....RB's or WR's can be great, but cannot make a play on any given down like the QB can...If Vick ever figures out how to throw a short ball to anyone but Crumpler.....The Falcons will be Super Bowl contenders

I think people are wary of Trent Green because the guy was simply not the same when he came back from that concussion last year. And that was after he came into the season one of the older starters in the league.

I personally think this is the moment when Trent moves from starter to backup and starts to help younger guys with all he knows. I just don't know if Green's realized that yet.

Texans gave up a lot for a guy who has 2 career NFL starts. Now, if they can get some decent value for Carr in return, that is fine. But if not, I think they over-paid for a potential quality starter at QB.

I don't get why the Texans dont like Carr.. He was the most accurate passer in the league behind the worst line in the league? The Texans are at fault for him not being in the probowl yet or them not having a winning season-- they can't expect Carr to do the impossible with a terrible line... I think he could be a great QB with a DECENT line

Husky17, i feel you. I think some people will disagree with what i will say next but oh well. Tim Couch was the same way in cleveland, the front office didn't give him a chance by getting the worst o-lineman in free agency. This goes to show you that people can have a good QB and still not perform.

They're trying to play catchup. The figure if they can bring in like Schaub he'll preform sooner than drafting a Quinn and maybe they'll make up the ground faster.

But they're certainly reeling from the Bush/VY mistake.

Back