Matt Luke out at Ole Miss.

I suppose we should be asking you how you feel about that. He didn't get results, but carried them through the sanctions. His heart was there.

Who do you want?

I can’t be mad at the guy for accepting a job that he shouldn’t have been given. He is a legend for his career as a player, and his family is as Ole Miss as it gets, but I am glad that he is no longer the coach.

I assume that Ole Miss’ ceiling is Norvell, Kiffin, etc. I would be very happy with either or with Clawson. I expect the hire to come out of the Healy, Napier, etc. tier, and I’m good with them too. They’re not as proven, but I’m not sure if Ole Miss can demand a proven guy right now. I’ve seen Ole Miss make 2 of the worst coaching hires in SEC history though so who the hell knows.

I can’t be mad at the guy for accepting a job that he shouldn’t have been given. He is a legend for his career as a player, and his family is as Ole Miss as it gets, but I am glad that he is no longer the coach.

I assume that Ole Miss’ ceiling is Norvell, Kiffin, etc. I would be very happy with either or with Clawson. I expect the hire to come out of the Healy, Napier, etc. tier, and I’m good with them too. They’re not as proven, but I’m not sure if Ole Miss can demand a proven guy right now. I’ve seen Ole Miss make 2 of the worst coaching hires in SEC history though so who the hell knows.

Mike MacIntyre might not be the best possible hire, but I think he could win for Ole Miss. He's been through Oxford three times already, and he's a good fit. And in my view he's "proven" inasmuch as he basically saved San Jose State from relegation to FCS.

This stuff happens everywhere to some degree when there’s a change.You can’t be held hostage by players. Hire the right coach it won’t matter.
This quote is great...

"But you realize, there's no program without players," Tuitt said. "You're basing stuff off the fans. But we don't care about the fans that much. I'm going to be honest. We're here for the coach. We love football. If you don't want to support us, that's just your fault."

This quote is great...

"But you realize, there's no program without players," Tuitt said. "You're basing stuff off the fans. But we don't care about the fans that much. I'm going to be honest. We're here for the coach. We love football. If you don't want to support us, that's just your fault."

From an upperclassman OL who didn't see the field despite a below average OL it's especially good.

Back