Marvin Lewis

That's disgusting if true. Could be twisted around by Rapoport but he's usually good with info. Fucked up

That's disgusting if true. Could be twisted around by Rapoport but he's usually good with info. Fucked up

I don't believe he "made" hill apologize......I would guess that hill wanted to and he permitted it

He should be fired for the fact that He never took pacman out of the game and he let him return the next kickoff. I like Marvin and I hate the firing ways of the nfl but I would have zero problems if they let him go

The Bengal lost because their players are braindead thugs, taking headshots and attacking referees. Such culture bites your ass sooner or later, and prevents your team from performing at the highest level consistently.

Marvin Lewis should be fired because of that bad culture and disciplin.

The problem with firing Lewis is you have to replace him with a home run candidate . Lewis is a good coach and would be hired in a second by another team...

If I owned the bengals I would certainly reach out to Urban and Saban

You cannot fire him ... He was destroying the league before losing his starting QB

Totally disagree...he has no control of that team and a brilliant offense coordinator who even coached the Raiders to an 8-8 year, that has made Dalton what he was this year. Make Hue the HC because he deserves a chance and you can't have a HC who has no control over his players.

Back off my fuckin dude Marvin :enraged:

lol. my roommate in college used to serve at a restaurant where Lewis would frequent and that man helped get us through some hard times via his generous tipping. I've known many who've come into contact with him over the years and they've had nothing but great things to say about him as a person. Has nothing to do with coaching, I know.

I don't see any head coach being able to control Vontaze Burfict. Talk about the true definition of a high-risk, high-reward player. If Lewis pulls him in the second half, the Bengals don't sniff that comeback.

Every team with a head coaching vacancy needs to have Hue Jackson at the top of their list; I sure as hell hope he goes out West to Frisco and stays the fuck outta the AFC North for the Bengals' sake.

Burfict is much more risk than reward. He went undrafted and is currently signed in a 4 year 20 million dollar deal. He had like 70 tackles with 1 sack and 2 interceptions during the regular season. If you compare the other LB making that kind of money there are clearly better talents without the behavior issues. Everyone knew that he was a ticking time bomb in that game and Lewis didn't have the ability to sit the bum. That's on Lewis. That's a fireable offense especially with the post season record Lewis is bringing to the table.

Would that ever happen in NE? No. Why wouldn't that happen in NE? Because of Bill Belichick. Did that happen in Cincinnati? Yes. Why? Because of Lewis.

Burfict is much more risk than reward. He went undrafted and is currently signed in a 4 year 20 million dollar deal. He had like 70 tackles with 1 sack and 2 interceptions during the regular season. If you compare the other LB making that kind of money there are clearly better talents without the behavior issues. Everyone knew that he was a ticking time bomb in that game and Lewis didn't have the ability to sit the bum. That's on Lewis. That's a fireable offense especially with the post season record Lewis is bringing to the table.

Burfict missed a bunch of games this year, didn't he? If I'm not mistaken he led the NFL in tackles in 2013, and only played in a half dozen or so games in 2014 due to injury. I'm certainly not dismissing his issues, but let's stop acting like he's just some scrub on the field.

Burfict missed a bunch of games this year, didn't he? If I'm not mistaken he led the NFL in tackles in 2013, and only played in a half dozen or so games in 2014 due to injury. I'm certainly not dismissing his issues, but let's stop acting like he's just some scrub on the field.

Ya, Burfict only played in nine regular season games coming off microfracture surgery, and was eased into action via snapcount to begin the season. Remarkable how quickly he bounced back from one of the toughest surgeries in sports as he was back to his old self and flying around the field down the stretch.

The entire crew at CBS knew he was a time bomb. Lewis knew. Lewis couldn't control him or Jones. Lewis can't win a playoff game with good teams. Lewis stinks. Lewis should be fired.

Does anyone have footage of what Jones did to draw the 2nd flag? I haven't seen it.

The entire crew at CBS knew he was a time bomb. Lewis knew. Lewis couldn't control him or Jones. Lewis can't win a playoff game with good teams. Lewis stinks. Lewis should be fired.

The entire crew at CBS went on and on about it, you're right. Outside of him being pretty amped up (like most every other player on the field), and the crew continually monitoring his every move, he was fantastic in that game. Got the big sack of Ben AND the INT that should have sealed the game outside of the Hill fumble.

Does anyone have footage of what Jones did to draw the 2nd flag? I haven't seen it.

When I saw the replay during the game that they showed, he didn't do anything but say something to Joey Porter (who clearly shouldn't have been on the field to begin with). There was a group of Bengals players surrounding Porter, and Pacman came in late and the flag was immediately thrown. From the replay they showed, there was no contact whatsoever between Jones and Porter. It was a completely BS flag...that should have, at the very least, been a situation where there were offsetting penalties since Porter was on the field.

The entire crew at CBS went on and on about it, you're right. Outside of him being pretty amped up (like most every other player on the field), and the crew continually monitoring his every move, he was fantastic in that game. Got the big sack of Ben AND the INT that should have sealed the game outside of the Hill fumble.

AND ran into the tunnel like a baboon.

When I saw the replay during the game that they showed, he didn't do anything but say something to Joey Porter (who clearly shouldn't have been on the field to begin with). There was a group of Bengals players surrounding Porter, and Pacman came in late and the flag was immediately thrown. From the replay they showed, there was no contact whatsoever between Jones and Porter. It was a completely BS flag...that should have, at the very least, been a situation where there were offsetting penalties since Porter was on the field.

I agree. I think they said he pushed a ref during the broadcast. I haven't seen anything. Flag Porter for being out there mixing it up with the players.

The Bengal lost because their players are braindead thugs, taking headshots and attacking referees.

Agreed.

I was listening to NFL Radio on Sirius this morning & that blowhard Solomon Wilcox was hosing for Ross Tucker. Seemed like he was only taking calls from Cinci fans & they were bitching that they got screwed! How fucking laughable is that? They saw no problem with Burfucks hit nor an issue with Jones acting like a dickhead. Instead they bitched that the Steelers get all the calls their way. I'm no Steelers fan by any stretch but give me a fucking break. Fucking Wilcox went on to say that those penalties would never have happened if Hill didn't fumble & that he was who the blame should be placed on. Fucking really dude? A guy playing the game in shitty weather dropping the ball versus some fuckhead grabbing an official, yeah that's reasonable.

Shazier should have been flagged for that hit imo. If that's not against the rules they need to change the rule.

Shazier should have been flagged for that hit imo. If that's not against the rules they need to change the rule.

No doubt. The whole "defenseless" receiver situation is the only thing anyone kept talking about but that was a moot point. So Bernard was not defenseless after the catch...great....Shazier still led with the crown of his helmet and made contact with Gio's helmet.

That is EXACTLY the hit they were supposed to be trying to get out of the game of football (Shazier could have ended up paralyzing himself with that type of hit)...and not only was it not flagged, all anyone kept talking about was the defenseless receiver which wasn't even the point/reason he should have been flagged. Nobody know what the fuck they're talking about, or knows the rules for anything anymore in today's NFL. It's such a fucking joke how horrible their product currently is.

"Jones tried to push through an official to confront Porter.

According to Rule 13.1.2, only trainers are allowed on the field to tend to injured players. Coaches have to ask for permission from officials. So unless Porter got the OK – and that was unknown after the game – he should have been penalized 15 yards, too."

"Jones tried to push through an official to confront Porter.

According to Rule 13.1.2, only trainers are allowed on the field to tend to injured players. Coaches have to ask for permission from officials. So unless Porter got the OK – and that was unknown after the game – he should have been penalized 15 yards, too."

Yeah, that whole thing was just complete BS. There is no way Jones should have gotten a penalty if Porter didn't. How could anyone even argue otherwise?

No doubt. The whole "defenseless" receiver situation is the only thing anyone kept talking about but that was a moot point. So Bernard was not defenseless after the catch...great....Shazier still led with the crown of his helmet and made contact with Gio's helmet.

That is EXACTLY the hit they were supposed to be trying to get out of the game of football (Shazier could have ended up paralyzing himself with that type of hit)...and not only was it not flagged, all anyone kept talking about was the defenseless receiver which wasn't even the point/reason he should have been flagged. Nobody know what the fuck they're talking about, or knows the rules for anything anymore in today's NFL. It's such a fucking joke how horrible their product currently is.

Agree with all of that and I'd argue that he was defenseless. He couldn't/didn't see that hit coming.

There is a rule against leading with the crown of your helmet outside the tackle box. Been on the books since 2013. The refs just missed it.

Luckily they also missed the fumble, so when Tomlin sent the official to the booth to review he saw both the fumble and the illegal hit. ProV1Colt correctly in the in-game predicted the two makeup calls that would follow: the holding penalty to snuff out the Steelers drive and the PI call on the next possession that basically reset the game to where it would've been had the Shazier penalty been called. It was some excellent in-game analysis.

Agree with all of that and I'd argue that he was defenseless. He couldn't/didn't see that hit coming.

I agree with that as well.

Even if he did see it coming, and had been running for 30 yards already, that his is illegal and should have been flagged. He's a fucking moron for "tackling" someone like that.

Back