Marvin Harrison involved in a shootout in North Philly

Smokedawg

Eagles Fan
Crazy story developing where Harrison allegedly got in a gunfight with some dude who was starting trouble at a bar Harrison owns in North Philly

details to come...

I hear he got someone in the hand, hit a guy in the shoulder, shot up a car, and a little girl got hit by the shattered glass of the car. Marvin has 25 guns registered to him. The gun was custom made and was found at his car wash.

Apparnetly Harrison got in a fistfight with some dude who had been causing trouble at his bar.

Harrison kicked his ass (the quote was he 'Hands like a ninja') and followed him outside where they exchanged gunfire

the guy was hit in the hand (and a little girl was hit by glass from the shots)'

The cops went to Harrisons carwash and found the gun used in the shootout...

Harrison acknowledges the fight but denies being the shooter though the police are awaiting witnesses to come forward (including another guy who was shot in the shoulder) and ID Harrison as the shooter

Regardless, Harrison will face charges as the registered owner of the gun used in the shootout

state law in PA says no matter the shooter, the registered owner of any gun used in a crime will face charges

crazy story

You know what irritates me, whether hes guilty of this or not, when networks like ESPN judge people by the way that they play the game. Stephon Marbury was labeled a "horrible person" by Mike Golic because of the shit he starts with the Knicks, but is he really? He donates a ton of money to charity and a lot of his time to inner city kids.

Marvin Harrison, doesnt celebrate, considered one of the "good guys" of the NFL.

Jus ta little something that pisses me off

i'm sure harrison' lawyer is going to try like to hell to prove self defense when harrison gave back gunfire.

Who knew Harrison was so gangster?

But on second thought I didn't know he was from Philly. Now that I know that I'm not surprised by this story at all.

NOT THE FIRST PROBLEM FOR MARVIN

Posted by Mike Florio on May 2, 2008, 5:18 p.m.
We’ve been reminded in the wake of the news that Colts receiver Marvin Harrison is under investigation for firing seven shots outside his North Philly bar earlier this week that Harrison previously has been the target of allegations reflecting behavior far different from what his image would suggest.
Three years ago, Harrison was sued for “violently and physically attack[ing]” three boys who were seeking his autograph a day before the Pro Bowl in Hawaii.
Harrison allegedly put one of the boys in a choke hold.
There were never any further reports about the lawsuit, which suggests to us that it was quietly settled for a confidential payment.

YET ANOTHER HARRISON INCIDENT

Posted by Mike Florio on May 2, 2008, 5:41 p.m.
Maybe we haven’t been paying close enough attention to Marvin Harrison over the years.
Because this week’s shooting potentially involving Harrison wasn’t his first incident. Or his second.
It’s his third.
Granted, the five-year-old incident involving Harrison is a far cry from a shooting. But it’s further evidence that maybe Marvin isn’t the great guy that we’ve been led to believe he is.
In 2003, Harrison allegedly knocked a Jets’ ball boy to the ground because Jets punter Matt Turk was kicking balls in the direction of Harrison and quarterback Peyton Manning prior to a game.
Jets radio analyst Marty Lyons reported at the time that Harrison also put his hands on the boy’s neck before the two were separated.
The Jets confirmed that there was an incident, and the league said it was aware of it. But that was the end of it.

You know what irritates me, whether hes guilty of this or not, when networks like ESPN judge people by the way that they play the game. Stephon Marbury was labeled a "horrible person" by Mike Golic because of the shit he starts with the Knicks, but is he really? He donates a ton of money to charity and a lot of his time to inner city kids.

Marvin Harrison, doesnt celebrate, considered one of the "good guys" of the NFL.

Jus ta little something that pisses me off

Exactly...great post

Sources: Six of casings found after shooting came from Harrison's gun
<hr noshade="noshade" size="1" width="100%"> ESPN.com news services

Six of the bullet casings found after an April 29 shooting near Marvin Harrison's car wash and garage came from a gun that belongs to the Colts wide receiver, Philadelphia police sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio. Police returned to the scene of the crime Monday to examine bullet holes in two residences after new information was provided to police by an alleged third victim of the shooting.

Harrison's representatives say Harrison was not present during the shooting incident, and that his gun was not involved. Monday, Harrison's attorney declined comment. Police say they have no suspects in the case.

The case is being taken over by Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham. The Indianapolis Colts star receiver was interviewed by police about last week's shooting, but Harrison was neither arrested nor charged. "He was interviewed," Lt. Frank Vanore said Friday. "Why he was interviewed, that is all part of the investigation. No one is a suspect." Harrison's agent, Tom Condon, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Friday: "I've spoken with Marvin and I've spoken with his attorney, and they say the reports are erroneous. Marvin was not involved in any shooting, and he is not the subject of this investigation." <inline1></inline1> Condon declined to answer any other questions.

A source told the Philadelphia Daily News that Harrison, during an interview with police, later admitted to being in a fistfight on April 29, but the Colts receiver said he wasn't involved in the shooting. A source told 610 WIP radio in Philadelphia that the victim came into Playmakers -- a bar owned by Harrison that is about a half-mile from his car wash -- about 5 p.m. and engaged in an argument with Harrison.

The victim then left the bar, heading to his car, with Harrison following. Gunfire broke out and the victim was hit in the hand. A source told the Philadelphia Daily News that a 2-year-old boy suffered a cut under his eye from glass that shattered when an errant bullet hit a car windshield, according to police. Police came to the scene, but the victim did not identify a shooter. On Wednesday of last week, according to the WIP report, a source said ballistic tests showed that the gun that had fired the shots was a custom-made Belgian weapon, and police determined that Harrison owned such a gun.

A source told ESPN.com's John Clayton that the gun is registered. Police then went to the Philadelphia car wash owned by Harrison to question him about the gun. Harrison admitted owning such a weapon but claimed it never left his suburban Philadelphia home. However, WIP's source said the gun was discovered in a bucket at the car wash, and tests showed that it had fired seven bullets that matched those found at the scene. Harrison, a prep football star at Philadelphia's Roman Catholic High, has owned Playmakers since July 2004, according to state records.

Harrison has played his entire 12-season career with the Colts and is the franchise's record holder in every major receiving category: receptions (1,042), yards (13,944), touchdowns (123) and 100-yard games (59). The 35-year-old is one of only four players in league history to top 1,000 receptions. But after eight consecutive Pro Bowl appearances, last season was the most frustrating of Harrison's career. He injured his left knee against Denver on Sept. 30, missed all but five games and finished with 20 receptions for 247 yards and one TD.

Off the field, Harrison was sued after the 2005 Pro Bowl when three boys accused him of attacking them when they tried to get his autograph. The suit alleged Harrison "violently and physically attacked" the minors, including placing a "potentially deadly choke hold" on one of the boys, but it was later dismissed.

Sal Palantonio said that Marvin Harrison confiscated guns by doing a pat down on patrons going into the players club or whatever the hell his bar is called. He asked something like "What is Marvin Harrison doing making millions of dollars going and going back to North Philly?"

what the hell is he doing owning these guns.

Back