Marshall VS Central Florida-Analysis

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, glad ESPN has decided to telecast this beauty. This game should be downright ugly in my opinion.

First, the side. This game reeks here for playing the side. I kind of like Marshall early in week and have flipped a bit and now realize that its not prudent to play the side. This is garbage vs garbage here. I want no part of it. Line opened UCF-1 at Pinny and got hammered to Marshall -1.5 within 40 minutes. It since has risen all the way up to 3.5 and 4 in some places before settling in at 3. I don't expect it to move again.

Both teams have a capable running back. Bradshaw and Smith are both excellent backs. I believe Bradshaw is over 5 ypc so far this season. Smith came back with an excellent effort last Tuesday off the suspension. The problem is both run defense are solid IMO. I would expect both coaches to still pound the ball but this game will be won by the QB's. Now its up to yas to figure out which QB will be least horrid(lol).

Second, the total. This is where you will find my play on this game. Nothing really funny with the t otal. Its been hanging around the 44 number all week. Of course public backing is on Over. It almost is. Hey, who wouldn't want to root for points??

I got to thinking about it after a qtr of So Piss and UCF last week and same thing last night. Why are the totals so highg for these games. The way some of these teams matchup leads to boring low scoring games. Now, that isn't the only reason for tonights play. I think numbers and just overall common sense make this a solid play.

Lets throw out the Non-Board games that each team played. I don't want numbers to get skewed by Hofstra and Nova. That was the only offensive explosion for either team this year. So..here it is:

-Marshall has averaged a whopping 8 points in 3 lined games

-UCF has fared better...at 10.33 points in 3 lined games.

Now, how have the previous meetings gone between these clubs?

-Total points in 4 meetings since 2002: 36-23-28-47

Let me point out that the 2002 total of 47 had a vegas total of 66 so thats impressive in itself.

I think the game goes a bit like this:

Both teams try to get run game going early. This will be a typical low-scoring first half. I think 13-16 points total is the most we will see. We'll call for Marshall to lead 7-6 at half. The second half I am sure at least one of the QB'S will cough one up for a score(lol). A bit more scoring but not nearly enough to get it over.

Final 17-16

Under 44 -109 2 UNITS

Hard not to root for the dog in a garbage game like this. If it gets to 4, I'll buy it to 5 and put a bit on UCF ML.

And don't forget, LOST PREMIERES TONIGHT!! :bow:

Good stuff BAR....but a 2 unit play on this POS????

That's some SEMCON balls dude...

I'm going to throw a 1/2 unit on this one cause it's the only thing on the damn tube...

GL on the total bro.

BossUp said:
ridin with ya since ill need something to watch after the yankees smash on our tigers again 2nite

Hey, maybe Justin pitches a Gem and we have a chance. If he can go 7 strong with 2 runs or less we win IMO. I expect us to get 4-5 off Mussina. I played Tigers real small tonight.

redbearde said:
ill ride this one with ya bar.

I feel pretty confident in this one. The only thing that scares me is how the last 2 CUSA games in midweek have gone way under. Thats the superstitious feeling in me..lol.

JumpOnBoard said:
Good stuff BAR....but a 2 unit play on this POS????

That's some SEMCON balls dude...

I'm going to throw a 1/2 unit on this one cause it's the only thing on the damn tube...

GL on the total bro.

SEMCON has balls bro..Big ones:smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: lol

Now, to play a side huge in this game would be dumb IMO. I think the total is a gem. I would say this shouldn't be higher than 36-37. I think it is way overvalued. I don't really understand it at all.

texsn95 said:
Hard not to root for the dog in a garbage game like this. If it gets to 4, I'll buy it to 5 and put a bit on UCF ML.

And don't forget, LOST PREMIERES TONIGHT!! :bow:

LOL...this is garbage for sure. I think there are good points for each side. Rochlone has a solid one for Marshall in the offical game thread.

As for LOST...never seen it. I have trouble watching a series if I don't watch it from show 1. My Dad lives for that show though and I know he is gonna have to tape either that or Tigers tonight..lol

I think i'm the only one on the over. Stupid pick by me as I rushed and didn't think much.. :spank: Good Luck gentlemen, I'm still considering playing the under to cancel this poor bet out..

I am thinking along the same lines with you . However I like Marshall tonite and think UCF Under 20.5 team total looks very attractive . GL !

I'll ride. We should have both been on the UNDER last night. I leaned that way as well but darnit I always favor playing a side... just betting nature... vs. profitability nature... I thought this line would have been lower. Looks like the lines really have not adjusted yet to these shortened games. These teams have downright hard to watch passing games...

I agree... hopefully someone is ahead 10-0 and controls the tempo going into half. 2 unit play for you tells me this is a strong one.

GL bbroo

Dodgers up 1-0 after an inning and a half...

BAR...I couldn't have written this much about this game in a million years; really could insight and you make a compelling case for the unders, esp when the numbers regarding their lined games this year.

Still gotta think about this one.

BAR - I've alayzed this matchup and pondered over a side all day, and I still can't decide. I'll probably just watch this one tonight...but I think the Under is probably the best way to go. GL buddy :shake:

Well it looked good about half way through the 4th. Fucking I think in 10 minutes... the end of the 1st/early 2nd and the start of the 3rd there was 27 points scored. The rest of the game went along with the plan I thought. Seems like one TD was matched by another. Same with the scores...

Back