Marshall @ Tennessee

dclark

Pretty much a regular
YTD: 8-8-1

If you listen to me this year on Tennessee, you would be up 3-0!!!!! I know my Vols. This weekend is no difference, Tennessee is giving way too many points to this Marshall team. Tennessee should not be giving 22 points to anybody right now. Marshall is averaging 172 yards rushing a game, while their defense is only giving up 135 yards rushing a game. Tennessee has the edge in passing per game averaging 287 yds per game. and only giving up 199 per game on defense. Marshall will come out and establish a running game early, trying to keep the TN offense off the field as much as possible. Tennessee will win this game however it will be a 27-17 game or 31-17 game. 14 points is all this game should be right now, not 22. Also remember Tennessee is 3-14 ATS as a favorite, they are 4-12 over the last three years in home games ATS. Just too many points, POUND MARSHALL this week against the VOLS.

Shit if everybody would be truthful in this forum about their team and follow everybody else's pick on their team. We would never loose money on any given week. Only if we played with our head and not our hearts. Example, HawaiiGuy knows is shit about the Bows week end and week out, always a bias opion on his bows. Just a thought!!!!!!!!!!! I know Fondy always know's his Badgers and is normally right when he picks for or against them. This week can they match up against the Michigan team that dominated the Irish of Notre Dame????????

GL this weekend everybody!!!!!!!!

May play more, later on this week!!!!!!

:cheers:

Good thoughts, dclark, but I watched Marshall play last week against a team much less powerful than Tennessee and they were just inept in everything they attempted to do.

Good points about everybody knowing their teams and posting plays from the head and not the heart.

beer.gif

SoonerBS,

Give me your thoughts on Oklahoma and Middle TN this week, Will the Sooners be up after a disappointing loss at Oregon, which they clearly had that game won, or will they let Middle TN stay in the game? Head pick and not heart pick!!!!!!

money;

I'm liking MTS catching nearly +30 to be honest with you. All the talk going on in Norman has been about how we got screwed this past weekend. All the ball that will be played the next two weeks will be "Texas Preparation 101." MTS can score a little and it hasn't been too hard to do that against the Sooner Defense this year. I'll be laying a wager on MTS, dclark.
beerchug.gif

Sooner,

Thank you for you head opion, I will be keeping that in mind. I still think that A. Peterson is the best player in college football. Hope he wins the Heisman this year, he is a hell of a back!!!!!!!

:bow:

my only concern taking Marshall is that just don't seem to be able to tackle...and other than the RB and the QB, I don't see any playmakers...just got done watching them play KSU on Tivo today and watched them vs. WVU an I'm not that impressed...not saying I'd lay the points here either, but I just don't like the game...

dclark, I'm an NCSU grad, and like you I've gone 3-0 with (well, against) my team.

If you're interested, I put some thoughts in my week 4 thread.

At covers in Garf's thread in response to him saying this:

[Quote from The Garfather]redbearde, thanks for the thoughts on NCSU. I agree with Handy that its a poor spot for BC and looking to back the Pack might not be a bad idea, but something occured to me - BC has won two OT games and all three of their wins fell within this week's opening number of 7.5, while NCSU lost a close game by 3 at home. Basically, it looks to me like BC has learned to win the close ones while Amato and Co. have learned to lose the close ones. Because of that I won't take NCSU ML, but the points could very well be the side here. Other than coaching and QB play (admittedly two extremely important factors) I am not sure that the Eagles are that much better off. Talentwise this one has to be pretty close.[/Quote]

In response, I said this:

NCSU had the best game possible out of Stone. Stone's being replaced by Daniel Evans who admittedly seems to have better accuracy (8-11, 1 TD & 1 INT in asstime last week). But he won't be a scrambler like stone...not that Marcus was good at much of anything...But Evans is a sophomore. As a ncsu fan, I hope he's great. But he's a sophomore who was *behind* Marcus Stone....

anyway, State played the game of their season to still lose at home to Akron. Stone had his best passing day ever. The lines have been anything but dominant. I just don't see how they can hope to matchup. Boston College squeakes out a win against Clemson. I had a Clemson ticket, and I was impressed by that. They squeaked out a win against BYU, and I was scratching my head...

let me repeat a comment from the recap of last week's game: "N.C. State failed to force a Southern Miss punt."
.......uhm........wow.

Hey, maybe I'll be real surprised by NCSU's play this week, and I'll lose my BC ticket. I can take that. =)

But until the pack gets the stupid penalties under contol, until the QB has a passing game to speak of, until the rungame can dominate someone other than App St, until there aren't 3-5 turnovers per game, I'm fading the fuck out of these guys. They may have the talent to run with BC, but they don't have the discipline, heart, or ability (for whatever reason).

I expect a hearty ACC opener for the Eagles. And another bad day for the wolfpack...

I can be wrong, and NCSU will almost certainly lose...though this is their best chance to cover this season, I personally give them a very small chance of it.

GL with your bets, bro, and thanks for your MTSU/Tenn thoughts.

Red,

Thanks for your insight on the Boston College/NC State game. I was going to go with BC, but not now. Thanks agains.

:drinking:

Don't let the MU stats mislead you. They got over 300 rushing yards against Hofstra and hey were only up 20-17 at the half.

Morris is completing about 58-59% but again was 22-28 against Hoftra. Against wvu and K-St he is only arround the 50% completion. He is TERRIBLE. Probably the worst QB at MU going back before Michael Payton who won the Walter Payton award back in the mid to late 80's. Yes he is that bad.

MU's O-Line is in shambles. Morris mobile and he is still getting sacked. The O-Line cn't run or pass block right now.

I haven't payed much attention to the safeties but from my understanding they are getting burned at will. They are very young from what I saw.

And MU has only scored 1 offensive TD this year against D IA opposition.

I am not saying play UT becaus eIdon't know how UT will be fired up after playing UF and losing by 1 or who UT plays next. This is just a little info for you. Oh, MU isnt travelling like they use to. I went to the MU-VT game a few years back and we took about 30,000 to that one and about 15,000-20,000 to UT the last time. I would be real real surprised if we had 10,000 this year.

DCLARK,

I have all ready told what i think about my CATS, sorry bro, laying the chalk in the Tenny game, Marshall fucking sucks, and Tenny will be fucking pissed blowing the 10 against the Gators. You my friend are going to see a totally different team this week from Tn. Phat Phil know he could easily be 1-2 right now, and his ass is on the line with his replacement standing right beside him.

THIS WILL BE A FUCKING MASSACRE.

TENN 40

MARSHALL 7

Back