Marlo's Super Bowl Fun

Marlo

Check out my DAD BOD
159-127 + 41.52 units YTD

It's here the time of year where we wager much more than we should, play way to many props, eat to many wings, and drink to much beer. But for those that love football its our last taste of it till August.

This is what I got so far, at the end of last week I finally decided that Pittsburgh wins this game...that may change to...but this is what I got so far. I have selected a few games that I have bet since last week and added in the Pitt ML in Parlays. The ones below are still active...So far I'm down 2.5 units, from the front legs not winning.

I plan on breaking down more props, and will grab up Pitt if it drops down to 6.5...but will probably play Zona if it stays @ 7.

Straight Plays
Pitt/Zona under 46.5 4units
Pittsburgh -6.5 2units
1st half under 23.5 1unit
Zona TT Under 21.5 1unit
2nd half under 23 1unit

Teaser
Pitt pk/under 53 4.5 units

Parlays

From last night
Det ML/Toronto ML/Miami ML/Pitt ML 1 unit @ +443

From Tuesday night
Minnesota ML+145/Pitt ML +254 .50 units @ +254

From Sunday night
Michigan State -2.5/Pitt ML +174 2 units

Illy -1/Pitt ML 1unit +176 L

Pitt ML/Wake ML/Steelers ML +117 for 2units L

Props
Arizona to recieve the kickoff -210 .15 to win .07 units

Tails 1unit

Nate Washington to win MVP +4000 .10 units to win 4
Willie Parker to win MVP +650 .50 units to win 3.25
Will either team make a FG in the 1st quarter (Yes) 1unit
Santonio Holmes over 3 catches -185 1unit
Arizona will Punt before they score -170 1unit
Will Zona score in the 1st and 2nd qtr YES +130 .50 unit .65
Over National Anthem 2:04 1unit
First score of the game Field Goal +135 1unit

Last edited:
Thanks dude..will add a bunch of thoughts in here when I get some free time this weekend.

like the zona recieves. got any #s to show that Wiz chose to recieve this year when he won the toss? line went from 170 to 210 so obviously others like it too.

nice, good call with the ML parlays idea, looks like its setting up nicely.

couple of props i like and we'll get back to this later, but can you find a book with the "number of times john madden will mention food"..... also the pitt sack prop looks tasty too.

heard this was at 1.5 and got hit up to 2 instantly. id still take 2 in a heartbeat depending on the juice.

GL marlo do work son

like the zona recieves. got any #s to show that Wiz chose to recieve this year when he won the toss? line went from 170 to 210 so obviously others like it too.

Read that everytime Zona won the coin toss, they elected to recieve, and everytime Pitt won the coin toss they elected to defer.

^^^ tying up loose ends and getting the laptop fixed?

GL Marlo
Cept I'm a pepsi man...and not a Diet Dew guy.

Been reading a bunch of good info about the game this weekend, and wanted to actually take time and put all that info in one thread. Just dont have time with till Friday night/saturday morning.

Some random thoughts

Pittsburgh has been here before as a whole. With everything involved with in the SB weeks, you can get distracted...Pitt shouldn't and didnt have any distractions..nor did Zona for that matter...but the nerves have to be much greater for Zona than Pitt because they have been here before. Granted Warner has...and he is there leader.

I think alot of people are under estimating Big Ben here. He already has a ring, but no doubt he didn't play his best game. Ben has improved since then, and I anticipate him having a rather big game. He is now seasoned...watching him against Baltimore, he played extremely smart...and being able to watch him most of the year...thats what I take away from his, is his ability not to fuck up. He has always seemed to be clutch, when Pitt has needed him most. Obviously with a improving Zona defense, today will be his day to shine. I personally think he is the most important player on the field for either team.

Defense especially, Red Zone defense will be key here. Pitt always a TD less than 35% of the time their opponent gets into the redzone, compared to Zona's 65%. Asking Pitt to bend not break, isnt that big of a task...but I surely hope we some kind of cover 2 scheme..to contain Fitz. Like I said Zona's defense has drastically improved...the Carolina debacle definetly makes those numbers look a hell of lot better. Enough has been said about Pitt's schedule, and Zonas schedule during the regular season.

Look at professional sports recently what wins games? Defense...Celtics won with defense over a better offense of the Lakers. Phils won the title, with better pitching over the Rays..Not that this means alot, but they dont say defense wins Ships just to blow smoke out there asses. Giants won the SB last year, because there defense was superior to the Pats.

My personal opinion is I don't buy all the nonsense about Whiz and Grim, knowing Ben & Co. The Steelers organization passed on them for a reason...this isnt a ownership group that makes fast and or bad decisions. I was lucky enough to watch Tomlin when he was Minny's D Coordinator, and this is guy is tough as nails...to say his team is behind him is sugar coating it...wherever this guy goes his players play balls out for him. Coaching is a wash..I would take both head coaches over 90% of what this league has to offer right now.

Like I said above, I think the key to this game is Ben making smart plays like he usually does...The guy has all the motivation in the world, because he didnt have the greatest SB when they won. Pitt is 7-0 ATS in the playoffs with Big Ben as there Starting QB.

Last but definatly not least.....fuck Brandon Lang

Good luck:cheers:

Thinking about it my friend...and will probably play it...Here is my thinking like someone said in your thread...if Holmes has a big day...then it starts with Ben....If Holmes were to win it...he will have to be a beast on special teams...I just started looking into more props as well.

Good Luck today CP, I need a Pitt win

I take it that Lang took Zona? The guy is bound to be wrong at some point, right? I was leaning Pitt, but with Lang's opinion, Zona looks tasty.

He did Ram, and i know all about the record...show me a site that has documented that shit and then maybe I will believe it.

Here's the write up I found for free at Yahoo.. I hope it's ok I do this here.

Brandon Lang
Super Bowl Winner ... 50 Dime Arizona Cardinals

10 Dime Money Line Bonus Arizona Cardinals

FREE - Under Cardinals/Steelers (See daily video for your analysis on this total)

NOTE: First and foremost, if you're purchasing the pick via the One Day Discount Package, please be sure to print this out because once the package expires, you will not be able to see the plays and analysis. Either write the plays down or print the plays out for your records.

I've often been asked so many things about never losing this game.

How have I done it? Do I have a system? What has been the biggest key to hitting the Super Bowl every year of my career?

Simply put, the one key is to look at the matchup. How do the two teams match up with one another? Forget the season and look at the match up of this game.

You can take what happened in the regular season and playoffs to help gage where a team is at and what their weaknesses are but for the most part, it's a game all to itself, especially with 2 weeks to prepare.

That is the biggest key of all.

Another key is if I feel the underdog has a shot to win the game outright, I roll with the dog because of the 42 Super bowls played, with the 3 that feel right on the number withstanding, the straight up winner has covered 34 of the 39.

I have looked at this game from every angle possible and in my opinion I keep coming back to the same thing. Which ever QB plays better and does not turn the ball over, his team will win.

For my money today, it's Kurt Warner and not Ben Roethlisberger, who I feel is due to implode. I have seen enough from Warner in these playoffs and the past 1 1/2 years in this Cardinal offense to jump on his bandwagon.

He has faced this Steelers defense. He faced a good Ravens defense on the road last year. He is as comfortable as I have ever seen him. He is better now than he ever was. Experience will do that for you.

So enjoy the game folks and what I am confident will be Super bowl winner #17 in a row.

50 Dime Cardinals - Don't be surprised to see the Cardinals shock the world and win this game outright. That's why we're playing a bonus on the money line, because I do believe there's a chance the Redbirds win this game.

I told you the same thing last year with the 11 point underdog Giants and they didn't disappoint me and I am confident in going for my 17th straight Super Bowl winner Arizona won't as well.

People often asked me about the Giants call. They asked me if I could name one thing that got me on the Giants what it was. My answer was always the same.

I just couldn't see the Patriots blowing out the Giants and quite frankly, I just don't see the Steelers blowing out the Cardinals in this game either.

In picking the Giants I said if they didn't lose the turnover battle, they would give themselves a shot to win the game. They did just that as both the Patriots and G-men turned it over once.

In their last 11 games, if the Arizona Cardinals have a turnover advantage, they are 11-0 SU and 10-1 ATS. When they don't, try 1-7 SU and 1-6-1 ATS.

When they met in week 4 last year in Arizona, the Cardinals as 6 point home dogs upset the Steelers 21-14 with each team turning it over twice.

Hines Ward missed the game for the Steelers while Boldin missed it for Arizona and Polamalu missed the 2nd half but most of the main players who did play will be on the field Sunday give or take a few from both sides.

I talked on radio about so many intangibles involved in this game.

It starts with Whisenhunt and his knowledge of everything Pittsburgh does defensively since defensive coordinator Dick Lebeau is one of his best friends. Can you imagine the X's and O's talk they had golfing all the time.

Some will argue the same goes for LeBeau and his knowledge of what Whisenhunt likes to do offensively but trust me folks, Whisenhunt didn't have the weapons in Pittsburgh he has at his disposal now.

He also didn't have Todd Haley, as hot an offensive coordinator the playoffs has ever seen, considering the Cardinals are the first NFL team in history to put up 30 points in 3 straight playoff games.

And Whisenhunt knows Ben Roethlisberger better than any coach in the NFL, even better than his own head coach Mike Tomlin.

After the Steelers drafted Ben, it was Whisenhunt, then the offensive coordinator who taught Ben everything about the offense, molded him and along with that knows his every weakness as an NFL QB.

Whisenhunt can outsmart Big Ben and not the other way around.
Or how about Russ Grimm, offensive line coach in Pittsburgh and now assistant head coach in Arizona. How familiar is he with the defensive line and blitzing schemes of Lebeau his offensive line will see Sunday.
Oh, and by the way, an Arizona offensive line that has started all 19 games together this year, unprecedented for an NFL season.
Lastly, six other Cardinal coaches have ties to the Steelers, so much so people have actually called Arizona the "Steelers" of the west. Information like that is priceless in a game you have two weeks to prepare for.
Yes, the Steelers have the best defense in the NFL across the board but they haven't faced an offense like this all year long and especially an offense peaking at exactly the right time with a QB playing the best ball of his entire career.
I mean, think about this. The Eagles came into Arizona with the 3rd best defense in the NFL and perhaps playing their best ball of the entire year and the Cards shredded them the entire first half.
Did they ease up in the 2nd half? You bet they did but who could blame them up 24-6 but when the final bell sounded, Warner led them on the game winning drive as cool and as calm as could be.
Lastly, the Steelers offense has been inconsistent all year and it's an offense the Cardinals match up very well against defensively.
This is a much underrated defensive line that can come after the one QB whose offensive line has allowed him to be sacked more than any other QB in the NFL since 2004. They will get at least 3 sacks on Sunday.
Where I feel people are missing this game in going with Pittsburgh is thinking the Steelers defensively are just going to shut down Arizona. People, this is not happening on a neutral field and 2 weeks to prepare.
They also think the Steelers offense, which as mentioned above has been as inconsistent all year long, is going to just roll over Arizona.
You know the offense I am talking about. 10 points at Cleveland. 6 points at Philly. 14 at home to the Giants. 11 at home to the Chargers. 14 at Tennessee and 13 at home to Dallas, (the other 7 came on the pick 6).
The Steelers offense has been the benefit of a defense that for the most part has handed them turnovers and great field position.
You also can't discount what Arizona did defensively in the 2nd half of the Falcons game, the entire Carolina game and the first half of the Eagles game. A defensive line that has been together for the last 4 years.
Finally, the Cardinals will not be intimidated by anything Pittsburgh does on Sunday. This is a confident football team, led by confident coaches who not only believe they can win, and knows they can win.
Of all the teams the Steelers could have faced here in the Super bowl, they are facing the one team that not only knows them but matches up well with them across the board.
And in a game like this, more evenly matched than people think your value sides with the underdog and a QB who with a win today, punches his ticket to the Hall of fame.
This game will go down to the wire. perhaps the last team with the ball gets it done and maybe even OT but in my opinion, there will be no blowout in what I feel will be a field goal game.
My 17th straight Super bowl winner is Arizona plus the points.

Thanks Tito!

Ram, I read that..Like I said..his streak is documented anywhere, and If I remember correctly old Lang was out of the Tout biz for awhile...until his movie came out...I could tell you I had a 3-way last night with Jessica Alba and that chick from Transformers...but are you gonna believe me w/o proof.

Thanks Tito!

Ram, I read that..Like I said..his streak is documented anywhere, and If I remember correctly old Lang was out of the Tout biz for awhile...until his movie came out...I could tell you I had a 3-way last night with Jessica Alba and that chick from Transformers...but are you gonna believe me w/o proof.

depends on which chick? Megan Fox, hell no. The nerdy one, well hell no too. Shia Leboouf's mom, ok maybe.

I was leaning Pitt as well, it's a cop out, but I think Vegas has this right. If it was Eli Manning or Jeff Garcia instead of Warner, I'm all over Pitt. But Kurt is in a zone.

Megan Fox..couldn't think of her name when I was typing that.

Kurt is in a zone, but I didn't touch on this. You notice how Zona's season was up and down all season? Started out 2-0, then went to the east coast and got thrashed and then they go 2-2..they end up clinching a playoff birth and then get beat down by Minny and the Pats. They start up the playoffs and play hotter than hell..I rode the wave...but I don't think this can be stressed enough..The two week layoff hurts the cards alot more than it hurts Pitt...Pitt has been solid and consistent al year.

nice to see you parlaying the steelers ML..... good idea.... really hope you cash them all man... GL!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!! :shake:

GL bro... Health on the game bet ---but hope you hit the rest...

I lean heads.. Can't see how you capped that , tails?

On the Steelers with you Marlo. Was leaning AZ all week but everyone you talk to around the office (none of which have any clue about sports handicapping) believes AZ is the play. I'll fade my co-workers and the general public on this one. I got a little extra $$$ after a nice session at Running Aces last night, so I think I might double up my bet just to make it interesting. Best night I've had in years. Sat next to Sludge from KFAN for about 8 hours. Pretty cool dude.

GL on the rest of your plays as well.

On the Steelers with you Marlo. Was leaning AZ all week but everyone you talk to around the office (none of which have any clue about sports handicapping) believes AZ is the play. I'll fade my co-workers and the general public on this one. I got a little extra $$$ after a nice session at Running Aces last night, so I think I might double up my bet just to make it interesting. Best night I've had in years. Sat next to Sludge from KFAN for about 8 hours. Pretty cool dude.

GL on the rest of your plays as well.

Yeah most of the mushes in my office are all over Zona as well. Nice work last night I assume you were at Turtle Lake? Haven't been there in a while, need to make a trip up there again and play some 1/2.

Sludge is a good dude, met him at a bar down by my house last summer. A couple buddies and myself were at a B-day party, he was there with a couple people, and we ended talking shop with him for a couple hours.

Marlo....Good luck today. Enjoy the game and lets cash some. :cheers:

34zhra1.gif

Yeah most of the mushes in my office are all over Zona as well. Nice work last night I assume you were at Turtle Lake? Haven't been there in a while, need to make a trip up there again and play some 1/2.

Sludge is a good dude, met him at a bar down by my house last summer. A couple buddies and myself were at a B-day party, he was there with a couple people, and we ended talking shop with him for a couple hours.

No, I was at Running Aces in Forest Lake, but I do prefer Turtle Lake for NL. We were talking for a while and just BS'ing and whatnot. He is definitely a good dude. He was telling me about his hours. That guy works his ass off. He was telling me about how this job has made him lose respect for most athletes because they are such assholes most of the time. I got a kick out of a few of his stories about Ricky Davis when he played for the Wolves. LMAO.

Back