March Madness Squares Discussion

Which do you prefer?

Votes: 17 54.8%

Votes: 10 32.3%

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

cubsker

Used to be "Fun Cub"
Going to give this a go, as the Super Bowl Squares has been fun and worked out well the last two years. Here are three potential payout schedules. Play in games don't count. The first round starts on Thursday and I'll fight anyone who says different. Only vote if you'll actually play please. This would again be $50/square.

First Rd - $25
Second Rd - $50
Sweet Sixteen - $100
Elite Eight - $200
Final Four - $500
Championship - $800

First Rd - $25
Second Rd - $50
Sweet Sixteen - $125
Elite Eight - $250
Final Four - $400
Championship - $600

First Rd - $25
Second Rd - $50
Sweet Sixteen - $100
Elite Eight - $200
Final Four - $400
Championship - $1000

I will go with majority but don't really care about differential that much in the options. 1 and 2 provide a little better payoffs in the middle, late rounds. Number 1 is fine with me.

I'm in as well.

Just as a suggestion, my favorite pool is the Point Spread Pool, where you get a random team and if your team loses but covers, you get that team. I'm assuming you're familiar with that, I can send more info if you'd like.

Any thoughts on that one as well?

Thanks!

I'm in as well.

Just as a suggestion, my favorite pool is the Point Spread Pool, where you get a random team and if your team loses but covers, you get that team. I'm assuming you're familiar with that, I can send more info if you'd like.

Thanks!
That is a really good one because it legit doesn’t matter if you get a 16, because covering gobbles up the opponent. Very underrated format

I'm in as well.

Thanks!

I usually run this one locally, I’d be happy to put it together here if there’s interest. We can pick well before the tourney starts as it’s only the seed # that matters.

I usually do a $20 pool, will that work for everyone or do we wanna do more? Usually pay out the final four, which everyone seems to like and agree makes sense.

We will have to determine a place to get lines from, day of the game, and there are no pushes…the underdog essentially gets the hook when it’s a full number line (2, 3, 8, 13, whatever).

Normally do 200, 200, 400, and 680 for the payouts but would be open to whatever everyone decides makes more sense if these don’t work. If we do more than $20, we would just use the same percentages for another amount.

Last edited:
Back