March 9 NBA Sunday

SF_capper

CTG addict
oh man.. I sat around thinking about this for a lonnng time. i HATE that BAR is on SA as his POY, but I cannot bet against what I believe is a great bet

The Phoenix Suns absolutely NEED this win. I know that I was on them last game, but this is not a chase. Phoenix really needs this win. In capping the NBA, imo there are a couple ways to look at games. I put them imo from least-most efficient, though its good to always combine all of them
1) line value. you have kinda power rankings for teams, make your own line. and if vegas's line is off from yours, you bet
2) matchups- you evaluate the strengths/weaknesses of each team. If one team's strengths can take advantage of another team's weakness, you typically bet. a strength/weakness example can be: 1 team can/can't, rebound, or even position wise- 1 PG is way too quick/strong for the other defending him, or a team is quicker and will outrun the other, etc.
3) scheduling/motivation- you look at scheduling spots and you try to predict when a team will be trying extra hard (say last home game before long rad trip) or less hard (a lookahead before a huge game the next night). also, rest can come into play (4/5s) I put motivation/scheduling together since motivation typically comes from scheduling. you can expect a flat spot off a big win the night before- the team is less MOTIVATED and it will hurt them because of the weay their SCHEDULE is set. since the NBA season is so long, to expect the players to bring 100% all season is ridiculou, so you have to try to find when the team will be tryting extra hard/not as hard.

imo, the motivation is there to the max for Phoenix tonight. This is their Superbowl. There is a LOT of critics, practically all media, about the shaq trade. 3-6 since the trade. however, what did you expect? its a big change. Phoenix will completely silence the critics, including bring confidence in themselves if they can beat SA. The reason they got Shaq mainly was because they felt it would help them beat SA. They could care less about scoring 120 ppg and getting the 1st seed if they're gonna get knocked outta the playoffs. However, now they're playing for playoff lives. They need this win, not only for playoff implications, but because this is why shaq is here. if they lose this game, they'll feel as though they really messed up.

Now whether they messed up in your opinion or not is not what this bet is made upon. This bet is saying that Phoenix will bring their absolute A game and try the hardest they have/will all season

Now it may be appealing to bet SA off a loss, but ask BC- a team unaccustomed to losing, does,they typically lose a bit more again. SA was criticized by Pop after the loss to Denver syaing they were outhustled and weren't trying hard enough. Now will they be more up for Phoenix, who they (along w the rest of the world) almost laughs upon, or instant revnge where they gotta fly back home to show Denver how to outhustle. Bad schedule spot for SA. SA is the type of team that doesn't really care that much about homecourt in the playoffs, and will treat this end of season as a prep for playoffs, and making statements, grabbing revenge. they make no stateement by beating PHX tonight, but they do by beating Denver the next day

I'll take the home dogg fighting for playoff lives in their Superbowl against the team that knocked them outta the playoffs, and have revenge across the nation the next night.

awesome post bro.. i dont doubt for a minute phx does not come out guns blazin.. its just that they have been horrid since the shaq deal.. big game for both teams IMO, as spurs are a veteran team and know that if they drop games down the stretch against it can possibly drop down, rockets are charging and nawlins are right there along with the mavs in that division alone.. going to be hard to make myself believe that the spurs are going to "look ahead" to monday against the nugz when each and every game in the west now is basically a must win.. nobody wants to slip out losing HCA.. especially the spurs..

good health bro :shake:

Phx will have nothing to play for anymore if they can't even beat the Spurs. They made trades to matchup with the Spurs and it will come down if it was right decision tonight. Shaq's head is also on the line.

exactly. they made that trade with SA in mind first and foremost. on the suns today.

eh only a bit more than 10 but I'll take it

Looking at detroit and sac

Detroit in trip revenge
sac in immediate revenge from earlier this week. Artest should take it personally

man fuck... I was planning to wait to watch shootaround to see if artest was in. Got home at 7 (10 est) and it was 2nd q. I thought the game was at 730

fuck man. Was gonna take SAc ML +1300 earlier but didn't knock when this game started. ended up taking this. value is there, but dam I feel feel sumb

2nd H Lakers -10- 10 units

fuck man. Was gonna take SAc ML +1300 earlier but didn't knock when this game started. ended up taking this. value is there, but dam I feel feel sumb

2nd H Lakers -10- 10 units

ml at 14 was the value

taking lakers 2nd half is a value (comparing to their prematch Ml) but nowhere near what you have missed with that +1300

Phoenix 1st H ML +100- 10 units lose
Phoenix ML +118- 10 units win

10 units suns pk 2nd h win
2nd H Lakers -10- 10 units push
Lakers -12 -105- 10 units lose

2-2
+1.3 units

79-50
+93.035 units

Back