Manny Legace on waivers

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=166>

</TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Legace on Waivers, Says He's Shocked!

</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>February 6, 2009, 11:55 AM ET [15 Comments] </TD><TD align=right><!-- AddThis Bookmark Button BEGIN --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> addthis_url = location.href; addthis_title = document.title; addthis_pub = 'hockeybuzz'; </SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/addthis_widget.php?v=12" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><!-- AddThis Bookmark Button END --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>
5.jpg
</TD><TD class=blogger_name>Andy Strickland
stl.gif
St Louis Blues Blogger • 1380 ESPN • RSSArchiveBio </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>GA_googleFillSlot("blog_sponsor_ad_5");</SCRIPT>
Blues Gm Larry Pleau notified Manny Legace this morning that he will be placed on waivers today, if he clears the NHL veteran will report to Peoria.

Legace told me today he will report to Peoria is he isn't claimed.

Peoria goaltender Chris Holt is on his way to St. Louis.

I will have much more on this later today.

more to come,

Andy Strickland

c'mon send toskala for some decent picks. or some prospects, and pick up legace, it'd be cheaper too hehe

Last edited:
I've read a couple of places and seen on sportsnet and tsn that he might not get picked up because he has a stigma of being a bad locker room guy.

You would think if he wasn't that a team like Calgary or Dallas would pick him considering they both have no faith in their backups.

I am not sure his cap hit but a team like Colorado could take a chance. This guy was an all star last year and needs a change of scenery. Razor and Budaj are nothing to write home about.

Him and Mason were alternating starts for awhile, Mason got red hot (sv % wise) and they played the hot hand....Usually not a big deal, check Minnesota a few years back. I'm surprised about the quick move, but if " he has a stigma of being a bad locker room guy, maybe that's why the Blues wanted to get rid of him, especially with the young team.

Also, besides this Holt kid that's coming up, the Blues also have a goalie by the name of Bishop that is a local product that they're really trying to build up as the goalie of the future.

Back