Malcolm Jenkins wins Jim Thorpe!?!?!?!

VolsDeep

Loves his motivational posters Doesn't love Kayne
OK, WTF?

How did this tool beat out Eric Berry for the Thorpe Award? He had 3 INTs, 7 yards, and 0 TDs.

Eric Berry had 7 INTs, 265 yards, and 2 TDs

Berry was the only reason to watch Tennessee this season. Complete bullshit IMO...

Nobody threw Jenkins way, and when they did, they payed. Best cover corner in the nation.

These yard totals are really funny and I can see you love Rivals.

But I'll say this and do it with respect like any member of this forum is expected to. Eric Berry deserved the award.

30 more tackles, 5 more tackles for a loss and four more INTs...3 of which went for scores. Berry is amazing and it's obvious he was handcuffed by only being a frosh. Crabtree hasn't been, but he goes the pub and Berry is a noname nationally. Even though he's insanely good. Sean Taylor and Ed Reed didn't win the award either and they turned out okay.

It was pretty obvious that they gave it as a career type award this year. Jenkins was a four year starter, and Berry was only a soph. Jenkins had a great year and was rarely thrown at in all honesty. But Berry deserved the award.

I'm glad Malcolm was recognized though.

These yard totals are really funny and I can see you love Rivals..

ESPN:
Malcolm Jenkins

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" bgcolor="#de3129"><td colspan="20">Defense Stats</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"><td width="8%" align="left">YEAR</td><td width="8%" align="left">TEAM</td> <td>TACK</td> <td>SOLO</td> <td>AST</td> <td>PD</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>FF</td> <td>REC</td> <td>INT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>TD</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">2008</td><td align="left">OHST</td><td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 3</td> <td> 7</td> <td> 0</td></tr></tbody></table>

Eric Berry
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">2008</td><td align="left">TENN</td><td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 7</td> <td> 265</td> <td>2</td></tr></tbody></table>

yea...I didn't say that it didn't exist....the other team was was always in the redzone agasint Tenny so of course he had further to run.

I think the voting commitee took into consideration that he was able to amass more stats because the tenn defense was on the field for about 50 game minutes most of the games.:cheers:

Berry should of won it, but he will probably win it next year. The right guy rarely wins these college football awards anyways because they are usually based off of previous years. That being said Jenkins is really good. I would have been more upset if Mays won it when he isn't even the best safety on his team according to most pro scouts.

Back