Major Major ALERT IN ARGOS STAMPS GAME

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
OH MY GOD CFL heads major injury news in TORONTO.

Tony MILES and all world receiver Arland BRUCE is out as well.

This is like not having Marvin HARRISON and Reggie WAYNE for the colts.

Bruce is top 3 in the league.

Also defensive coordinator Denny CREEHAN was Mcmahon's former coach in Rutgers.

LINE has went up to 4 already because of this news.

I want to take Calgary to win even at -4 but the fact that Toronto D can be good enough to pick off a few td's and also keep their team in the game can be enough to sometimes lose by 1 or 2 points.

I will be making a play on this, I cannot see a rookie QB throwing to 3rd and 4th receivers.

Stamps look like they are in disarray last few games.

This is a game to test their character, and i think they should win the game.

Argos rely on defence and are a one play touchdown team, they go deep to either Miles or BRUCE and score that way.

Both are out for today's game and u have a new quaterback starting.

His main target will be Mookie MITCHELL who was cut by Edmonton and claimed by the ARgos as he was sitting at home.

Calgary offence couldn't do anything vs the ARgos last game.

The key is though that Calgary will change their attack tonight and run the ball a lot more and throw shorter routes. I anticipate that they will have made changes in their gameplan to move the ball vs the Argos.

Calgary is very serious about this game, they cut 2 db's after last loss to the Argos.

If Calgary can't beat an Argos team without their top 2 receivers they are simply a joke.

Argos have no deep threats, and we all saw what happened to montreal, when u only throw to one receiver. Calgary has their full compliment of receivers.

I am expecting the recipe of a new Qb with top 2 wideouts out, meaning no big deep threats, should give Calgary lots of opportuities. If they stay patient and don't turn the ball over they should cover this game by at least 10.

I should have waited two hours to take Toronto, it's +5.0 at WSEX, got it at +3.5 :hairout:. I think the RU QB will keep'em in the game to cover. DC may be able to tell his guys when Mcmahon will sneeze, but will they be able to get past the O-line to make plays...? I Hope not. :nervous:

It will be tough no account guy, without your top 2 receivers, and everything went perfect for the Argos last game and everything went bad for Calgary.

Cuts have been made, now while the Argos D is very good, the Calgary O will play better today. If they get hot they are the best Offence inthe league, and have been a good home offence always.

Mcmahon will have a lot of unfamiliar receivers to throw to, and no MILES and BRUCE.

Had this teaser last night:

Edmonton Eskimos +4
Toronto Argonauts +10½

Thinking about adding:

Calgary Stampeders +4½
Toronto Argonauts/Calgary Stampeders under 57

Thank you Sammy M., I'm cyling through reasons not to canx my two unit bet out even though EE's may win DD. Can't even do that now cause I have to catch a show. It's all part of a day.

Line is going up to 5 now??

People must know that Bruce is out. However this game should be a good one. I am thinking though that this Argos receiving core is very unspectacular.

They will start Cetout at wideout, first game of season and career, and Mitchell who plays his second with the Argos and Murphy who played 3 games and Talbot who is a regular starter.

If Calgary cannot stop this offence with a new Qb, they have some real problems, especially after they cut 2 players and are saying this is a game to show what they are made of. Argos are short handed on offence and their attack should suffer because of it.

If Calgary does not turn the ball over and plays safe with the ball we cover no problem. They turned the ball over 10 times last game OUCH

Lot of uncertainty for the game with all the injuries. Spread keeps moving but the total has drop just a point. Guess books don't know where to set total with unders in the other games this week. Can see the line being adjusted so much so wiseguys can bet middling action since line opened -2 Calgary.

Bet365 has and taking

Calgary win by 1-6 pts +350
Toronto win by 1-6 pts +375

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Also now I am getting a feel for the league. I am not a total's player but from analyzing the games I knew the games were going way under this year, and not surprisingly played 1 game under which was BC vs Sask.

The game went over with 2 interception returns in the last 2 minutes of the game and pushed it over the total!

The linebackers and secondary are dropping back 8 to 9 in coverage making it impossible for any one receiver to be effective. The only way to beat this is to run the ball. NO CFL team runs the ball much, they only run to get first downs, not to set up the pass.

Key- Most quarterbacks are quick, strong armed mobile athletic Qb's. They rely on pressure and using their feet to scramble. When a defense takes your prime receivers out of the game they are struggling to hit the receivers open in the zone. Cfl defenses are disguising what they do now.

Talent is the reason for the Unders, the linebackers are all NFL cuts, and the Db's are better at covering.

BUt the real good games will come when some injuries start mounting. Especially with QB's there is no depth, and the backups are often terrible on most teams.

Cfl Week 5 should be a good one I think.

Back