Madrid Derby

Hakan's Picks

Pretty much a regular
Atletico Madrid v. Real Madrid
Pick: Atletico Madrid pk +153 (5Dimes)

Real Madrid may be one of the most offensively explosive teams in the world, but their cross-town rivals Atletico Madrid are a team built to give them troubles. Atletico's physical and speedy midfield has given Madrid more than they can handle in their recent matchups. Madrid has only managed to win one of the last five against Atletico, and that was the CL final in which they were down 0-1 until the 93rd minute. Atletico is very organized in the back, and very dangerous off the break and set pieces. Real will have to rely on individual play, and hope one of their stars will make something happen. I don't see Atletico losing this one at home.

Gl/

tricky game with the winter break just ending and La Liga being so close in terms of standings + all 3 (Atletic, Madrid, Barca) trying to make deep CL runs. Would think they 1/3 would drop this tournament in favour of the league and CL - which would be this draw.

Gl here, but I don't think "Individual Play" is a good term for one of the best Real Madrid teams in decades.
They have a lot of game changers that Atl Madrid does not have.
Plus this Atl Madrid team has been extremely vulnerable this season, they've realized so much on Super Mario and Griezmann upfront.
Yes they will probably be countering for the most part but I would not be surprised if someone here gets a red card.

You are right though, the value is there for Atl Madrid especially at home. They have given Real fits and also the other benefit could be that Real has had to do some traveling through the Midd East for their friendly vs AC Milan.
Nevertheless a very hostile environment to deal with.

If the opportunity for o1.5 comes up during in game I think that would be an ideal play.

GL!

Appreciate your input, TorontoMike. Looks like I misworded what I was trying to say. Madrid not only has one of the best teams they've had in a while, they arguably have the best squad in the world at the moment. Thing is, they have had trouble with Atletico's physical midfield in recent matches. That's all. I still feel maybe I'm not best explaining my thoughts. I think you get the point though :)

Anyhow, thanks again for your input. Hope you enjoy the game!

Back