Made my first play...

SHSUHorn

Thief
Had some cash sitting at a book...

To win the 2010 BCS Title

Florida +175 (2 UNITS)
Texas +800 (2 UNITS)

I just don't see how either of these teams don't play each other for the title. They are clearly better then anyone you would put at #3 going into next season IMO.

These two teams are going to remind everyone of the 2005 season where USC and Texas were the clear #1 & #2.

The Big 12 is very down this year and I just don't see OU with all of its losses, and Okie St even in Stillwater beating Texas.

Stole this post from orangebloods but its brilliant and i hope it happens...

he comparisons between 2005 and 2009 are going to last all year.

2004:
Texas beat a Big 10 team in a BCS bowl in the last minute of the game.
Texas QB named game MVP.
Oklahoma loses the national championship game to USC.
The following year USC ranked # 1 all season.
USC seniors going for their 3rd national title.
ESPN slobbers all over the stars at USC.
USC fan base is delusional.
Texas ranked #2 all season.
Texas beats the team that OU couldn't to win the national championship.

2008:
Texas beats a Big 10 team in a BCS bowl in the last minute of the game.
Texas QB named game MVP.
Oklahoma loses to Florida in the national championship game.
Next year, I'll bet Florida is ranked #1 until they lose.
Florida seniors will be going for their 3rd national title.
I'm sure ESPN will spend a whole season slobbering over Tebow.
Florida fan base is delusional.
Texas will probably be ranked #2 until they lose.
Texas beats the team that OU couldn't to win the national championship.

right on horn! doing same thing. Texas will bring it this year!:smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe:

They have Oklahoma at +500 which is just a joke. I hope the GOY lines that open to start the season has OU as the favorite because they won't be come game time.

They lose basically everyone on the OL but 1, they lose an entire receiving corp that has been basically starting since their freshman years.

Not good for a team that relies on offense and putting up a ton of points to win games.

USC is always going to be loaded but the unexpected departure of Sanchez hurts them. Not sure I can see Corp or Mustain take this team to the title game.

Ohio St. would be my darkhorse pick. Pryor will be a beast in year 2, and they get the inexperienced Trojan QB early and in Columbus...plus no real threat to them in the Big 10.

Ole Miss will be a darkhorse imo..but can't see them getting through the SEC unscathed.

LSU will be solid but Florida is better.

Va tech is another darkhorse imo.

I'm not as down on Oklahoma as you, but you know them a helluva lot better than I. Isn;t their Oline experienced, have they all at least seen playing time?

Love the strategy Horn. I love Texas at that number. Absolutely love them. The Florida play is almost like the hedge. Don't see how this isn't the matchup.

plus the motivation from last year for Texas...gotta think this team will be on a mission..o god, all the longhorn fans again in the fall lol..jk, i love a loyal, passionate fan base, texas fans are great.

Yeah we're going to be pretty bad this year. The team is loaded and we all know it. I'm already apologizing how bad it's going to be.

OU loses 6 starters on offense and will start Good and Habren on the OL who are both very young and inexperienced but talented. The losses of Johnson and Iglesias will be huge at WR. Bradford had all day long to throw behind that OL and had two great WRs.

They won't average 50 ppg again.

Everyone is giddy about OU because they return alot on defense...but that defense wasn't great last year.

I think OU will still have a fantastic season because the Big 12 is going to be bad next year....they just won't beat Texas. It's going to be 4 out of 5 years for Texas come Oct.

I just am leery of the preseason rankings..say for instance, if Texas is ranked behind USC to start season and USC goes into shoe and wins and goes undefeated were back to 2008 all over again.

I just am leery of the preseason rankings..say for instance, if Texas is ranked behind USC to start season and USC goes into shoe and wins and goes undefeated were back to 2008 all over again.

USC won't be ranked ahead of USC in preseason polls because of Sanchez leaving. Voters look at two things when writing their first ballot...who big of a stud the returning QB is and how many starters do you return. The voters will love Florida and Texas.

Never know though, I'm gonna wait, but I definitelty agree on the teams at this point.

makes u wonder why bradford would stay at college when he would have been teh number 1 pick...now he has a weak wr corps, no o line, and a much better draft class. guys crazy if u ask me

Texas at 8:1 seems like value, but as a value capper I can't see taking any individual team at less than about 5:1, let alone 175. Florida is one or two injuries or suspensions away from being an average team in a very good conference. So in sum I agree with half of your strategy.

GL this year.

Ole Miss will be a darkhorse imo..but can't see them getting through the SEC unscathed.

LSU will be solid but Florida is better.

Va tech is another darkhorse imo.

I'm not as down on Oklahoma as you, but you know them a helluva lot better than I. Isn;t their Oline experienced, have they all at least seen playing time?

OM gets their tough ones at home (Bama, Arky, UT, LSU) but I'm not so sure they will be as good as they are going to be hyped up to be. I actually think the loss of Peria Jerry is really gonna hurt them. Granted they had a pretty solid rotation but this guy was a stud and never got the recognition i felt he deserved. Wallace and Oher will obviously be tough spots to fill but they had a nice recruiting year and that should help. They return 17 I believe from a good football team last season. I still have some questions about their defense and just how good they will be. Nutt's teams always seem to be best when they fly under the radar and have low expectations. That will not be the case this season and part of me thinks they could fall flat on their face. I think they will be a good football team but wouldn't put any money on them winning the title

NC State is a dark horse out of the ACC, not for a NT but a potential Season wins over, maybe ACC title and certainly gonna be primed for a nice season SU and ATS..

Can't see taylor taking this VT team very far.. Much less past the first game in ATL where he will face the best defense of the season by head and shoulders

I like Vtech in that first game at first glance, Bama's offense is gonna be suspect in first part of season.

Arkansas is my team next year though. They won't win it all, but will be an ATS machine.

Texas at 8:1 seems like value, but as a value capper I can't see taking any individual team at less than about 5:1, let alone 175. Florida is one or two injuries or suspensions away from being an average team in a very good conference. So in sum I agree with half of your strategy.

GL this year.

I agree there is little value @ +175...but one or two injuries or suspensions away from being average?

:36_11_6:

OM gets their tough ones at home (Bama, Arky, UT, LSU) but I'm not so sure they will be as good as they are going to be hyped up to be. I actually think the loss of Peria Jerry is really gonna hurt them. Granted they had a pretty solid rotation but this guy was a stud and never got the recognition i felt he deserved. Wallace and Oher will obviously be tough spots to fill but they had a nice recruiting year and that should help. They return 17 I believe from a good football team last season. I still have some questions about their defense and just how good they will be. Nutt's teams always seem to be best when they fly under the radar and have low expectations. That will not be the case this season and part of me thinks they could fall flat on their face. I think they will be a good football team but wouldn't put any money on them winning the title

Great points, they've lost some major players. I've also read articles talking about OM players "believing their press clippings"...which will equal DEATH in the SEC...not sold on OM even repeating LY success.

The OM DL is still going to be very good. They played most the year with out an effective Hardy, if he has his head on straight he should be pretty hard to stop at one DE spot. They got Marcus Tillman returning to the other spot. They should be fine at DT with Ted Laurent back and Powe in the rotation this yr who should be like Mount Cody.

The secondary on the other hand is going to have to show me something.

SEC will be great again, but when it comes down to it..you know who will be on top at the end.

I like Vtech in that first game at first glance, Bama's offense is gonna be suspect in first part of season.

Arkansas is my team next year though. They won't win it all, but will be an ATS machine.

Plenty of time to discuss the Bama/VT game but I certainly hope by September 5th you will re-evaluate the situation. I know you were high on bama last year and seemed to follow them closely. I think Bama's offense will be just fine. Stable of RB's will be ready to roll. I honestly have no concerns with McElroy at Qb.. Saw him live on Saturday and he looked sharp. Couple mistakes but there isn't a QB in the nation that wouldn't make mistakes facing a front 7 like bama's.. Yes the OL will cause some concerns but the level of talent now at bama in comparison to year's past is incredible. This OL will be as good as last year's if not better IMO.. This is not a football team made up of 3 star athletes who love the university and just bust their ass anymore.. These are 4 and 5 star athletes who are being molded by one of the best coaches in CFB. Two games come to mind when I think of the opener.. Bama/Clemson and LSU/GT.. You give Saban 7/8 months to game plan for one game and you are gonna get something special. Taylor will spend most the day running OB, running backwards or laying on his back.. Secondary still a concern for Bama but they have the pieces in place to really tighten up there. Bama loses a slow white DE that rotated anyway and a great player in Safety Rashad Johnson. Big upgrades at DE but S is still a concern as he was the leader of this defense. He will be spelled by former MLB draftee Justin Woodall and sophomore Robbie Green who are both HUGE and athleteic. There is not a Front 7 as good as bama's anywhere in the nation though and that's what you need against a guy like taylor who is only a real threat because of his mobility. I don't think Taylor wows anyone with his throwing accuracy and superb decision making. He may be able to get by with that in ACC play but not a snowflake's chance in hell he runs a muck in ATL against this defense..

:shake:

Plenty of time to discuss the Bama/VT game but I certainly hope by September 5th you will re-evaluate the situation. I know you were high on bama last year and seemed to follow them closely. I think Bama's offense will be just fine. Stable of RB's will be ready to roll. I honestly have no concerns with McElroy at Qb.. Saw him live on Saturday and he looked sharp. Couple mistakes but there isn't a QB in the nation that wouldn't make mistakes facing a front 7 like bama's.. Yes the OL will cause some concerns but the level of talent now at bama in comparison to year's past is incredible. This OL will be as good as last year's if not better IMO.. This is not a football team made up of 3 star athletes who love the university and just bust their ass anymore.. These are 4 and 5 star athletes who are being molded by one of the best coaches in CFB. Two games come to mind when I think of the opener.. Bama/Clemson and LSU/GT.. You give Saban 7/8 months to game plan for one game and you are gonna get something special. Taylor will spend most the day running OB, running backwards or laying on his back.. Secondary still a concern for Bama but they have the pieces in place to really tighten up there. Bama loses a slow white DE that rotated anyway and a great player in Safety Rashad Johnson. Big upgrades at DE but S is still a concern as he was the leader of this defense. He will be spelled by former MLB draftee Justin Woodall and sophomore Robbie Green who are both HUGE and athleteic. There is not a Front 7 as good as bama's anywhere in the nation though and that's what you need against a guy like taylor who is only a real threat because of his mobility. I don't think Taylor wows anyone with his throwing accuracy and superb decision making. He may be able to get by with that in ACC play but not a snowflake's chance in hell he runs a muck in ATL against this defense..

:shake:

Great insight bro, It's definitely very early..I just lean Vtech right now, but that can obviously change...I've done little to no research and am just basing it off who is coming back.

I do give va tech 1 advantage though and that's QB..I'm a little higher on Taylor than you are, but you make a good point with him going against a fast, athletic SEC defense.

LOL...RIP, Horn. That'll teach him not to let cable installation guys bite him, resulting in a rabies infection.

Fuckin tool.

betting a team at +175 before the season to win the title has to be among the worst bets possible.

Back