MACation Anyone? Weather Update Needed

I'm on the other side of Ohio.

Closer to Akron and Kent so no first hand out the window report I can offer (although it's pretty damn cold and snowing off and on with no accumulation here)

Who is Toledo’s backup?

Assume it would be the guy that started the Eastern Mich game and led UT on a game winning drive in the 4th. He wasn't very good early in the game, but as the game went on, seemed capable enough. I remember one pass specifically he made on the final drive what was really good, might've been a better catch than the pass actually, but he put it where the receiver could play on it and the DB couldn't.

Assume it would be the guy that started the Eastern Mich game and led UT on a game winning drive in the 4th. He wasn't very good early in the game, but as the game went on, seemed capable enough. I remember one pass specifically he made on the final drive what was really good, might've been a better catch than the pass actually, but he put it where the receiver could play on it and the DB couldn't.

Thanks. Toledo got beat up last week by that slow white kid who somehow gets 200 yard games against me all the time. I’m not sure BG can attack them well on the ground and like Toledo’s pass defense. They should be able to still move the ball with a run first attack.

I think Toledo's O will be good with the backup still. Really, I'm not sure Finn should've played last week, he wasn't close to 100% and it seemed like as the game wore on he actually hindered the offense in the 2H more than he helped it.

Bowling Green D is usually solid, but offensively, they are challenged.

I dont post plays much because of how much I like ingame but I have to say the MACation unlike other years has been very good to me this season,
Be alert of the QB injuries moving forward with Ohio, Ball State and Toledo. Ball St QB finished but seemed like he was dealing with his throwing shoulder.
Regarding Bowl games with MAC teams, I AINT risking my $ on this garbage. GL

I think the MAC went 4-4 ATS and 3-5 SU in bowls last year.

One of the losses? Toledo was a favorite vs MTSU and lost straight up. I don't know if the league is garbage, although I get your point, but Toledo is pretty much garbage, underachieving with the better players is what they tend to do more often than not.

I just had to look. Toledo has lost their last 4 bowl games, favored in 3 and +1 in the other lost to powerhouses like MTSU and FIU. App State beat them twice, shut them out once. If it wasn't for recruiting rankings, Jason Candle would probably already be fired.

Not sure why Kent is laying 7.5 to EMU. Yes they played three very tough teams early in the season & lost as expected but appears EMU has done better vs like conference opponents. Unless there's an injury I'm not seeing this line makes no sense so I'm inclined to lay it.

I think the MAC went 4-4 ATS and 3-5 SU in bowls last year.

One of the losses? Toledo was a favorite vs MTSU and lost straight up. I don't know if the league is garbage, although I get your point, but Toledo is pretty much garbage, underachieving with the better players is what they tend to do more often than not.
QB injuries is an issue with the teams looking to go Bowling. Defenses are below average. It’ll obviously be about matchups but hard to see myself on these teams especially with backup QBs in the mix.

Well, the weather tonight. I'm fairly close to Kent. It has been really cold all day. Mid-30s which I am sure will be closer to low 30s for the game. The only wind is just annoying enough to make you colder. I sat at Dix Stadium for a really cold game once, it was pretty miserable.

Not sure why Kent is laying 7.5 to EMU. Yes they played three very tough teams early in the season & lost as expected but appears EMU has done better vs like conference opponents. Unless there's an injury I'm not seeing this line makes no sense so I'm inclined to lay it.

Kent has received point spread and power rating respect all year.

Eastern Michigan has a long history of being competitive dogs. 4-1 ATS this year with 3 upset wins. 3-3 ATS last year with 3 upset wins. 3-2 ATS 2020 with 1 upset. 4-1 ATS 2019 and 2018, 6-0-1 ATS 2017, 7-2 ATS 2016.

Think these teams are fairly equal. Kent has a higher ceiling, as seen last week with the big win vs BGSU. Problem is they don't normally play at that level and actually frequently have failed to live up to the expectations. Eastern just a scrappy team, much better in dog role than favorite role.

A sell high opportunity with Central Mich at 10 now! They have been playing better the last 2 since the bye and a bump in the spread is justified based on their play, bu this is pretty big. They jumped out on NIU as +6 road dog, but then had to hang on in the 2H (went from a 21 pt game 1H to a 6 pt game in 2H before CM tacked one on). Last week the opposite, as a 2.5 pt home fav they were down big at HT and came back in the 2H to win (trailed by 17 at HT, outscored UB 24-3 2H)...so they aren't, or haven't, put 4 Q game together. Western isn't good, but they did nearly come back to beat BG and lost late last week to NIU.

CM is better and could win big. But if I just play a number, which is probably what I will do, I'll take the +10

Seems like NIU has been rated higher than they actually are, they have lost 4x as a favorite. Were road fav of -3 at OU, lost. Were 6pt home fav to CM, lost. I show it officially as PK last week, but NIU did see some moments of -1 at WM. WM had leads of 7-3, 14-10 and 21-17 until NIU scored late 4th to take the lead, so pretty even game, not like they were really better than WM.

I think Miami is better. They are off disappointing rivalry loss to OU. I was surprised they were as bad as they were in that one - especially on D in the 2H, OU scored every possession! So they aren't playing as well as maybe they should be.

Weather in Dekalb looks like same as Kent. Maybe a little colder and some flurries possible. Weather in Mount Pleasant could be light snow. Doesn't appear wind is an issue for either

Snowing in Dekalb...looks fucking awesome for some fooooooootball (especially for those of us who've not seen snow in a decade+).

Back