MAC weekdays....Maarski

Only reason I came into the ncaafb forum today to see if he had any opinions on this crap, lol. God knows I don’t.

Toledo number crashing down to 4.5!

I think Guadagni and Carter was assumed out and Eli Peters presumed starter so not sure why line would move this much now.

I kinda sorta liked Kent but it is hard st this number when it was 7 this morning.

[B]Brian Buckey[/B]‏ @[B]BrianBuckey[/B] Nov 4

Jason Candle sounded on the MAC teleconference like Toledo is prepared to have Eli Peters as the starting QB tomorrow night against Kent State.

1 reply 2 retweets 7 likes

That is from yesterday so he was the expected starter atleast since yesterday.

Kent's D is worrisome. The Kent O is much much better at protecting the ball this year with Crum at QB now. Just hard to back them without getting much "insurance" now.

The line might be right though...Toledo was -2.5 or 3 home vs Eastern Michigan. And Eastern Michigan and Kent might be equal now.

I think Guadagni and Carter was assumed out and Eli Peters presumed starter so not sure why line would move this much now.
Plus all these teams are coming off byes. It's not like any of this injury news is breaking (so to speak)

Peters started 6 last year and went 4-2. He isn't great and technically is 3rd string, but not your typical 3rd string bench-warmer type.

The line movement must be based off of Kent action....which is weird that so many bets/dollars would come in on a historically bad team on the road vs a historically good team.

Peters isn’t bad, not a dual threat like The starter but maybe more accurate. Has some starts under his belt, I thibk he’s capable enough.

Pretty good game between Ball St and Western, but man did Ball St totally fuck up their final drive. They couldn't pass protect with WM just rushing 2! Had 3 desperate get rid of it passes/almost fumbles in a row then threw short on 4th-and-10 and tackled immediately.

That Kent - Toledo line, LOL again. Toledo wins by 2 after pretty much doing whatever they wanted on O in the 1st H. Koback's injury and absence mattered and Peter's wasn't as good in the 2nd H. Toledo only scored once in the 2nd H with Kent helping them out with a couple big penalties along the way there.

Revenge spot in Athens tonight as the Bobcats look to pay back Miami for last year’s upset.
Bobcats offensive line play has been critical in recent weeks as they have run all over Kent and Ball State. Part of that has been getting back to basics running Rourke out of the pistol and spread looks.
Miami is 90th in rush D overall but probably average in MAC play.
Bobcats with vastly superior QB here and should have their way on the ground with MACs top dual threat. Frank going for all time MAC coaching wins record and they are practically giving away the tickets tonight. Should be dry and in the 40s so we could see a decent crowd.
Everything on the line and I can’t see Miami keeping pace with a freshman qb.
I’m on Bobcats -7 and I would lean to the over here as well.
Seeing something like 38-24.

I’m also liking the fact they are finally giving more of the RB carries the last two weeks to #24 Tuggle. He’s got way more wiggle than #28

Revenge spot in Athens tonight as the Bobcats look to pay back Miami for last year’s upset.
Bobcats offensive line play has been critical in recent weeks as they have run all over Kent and Ball State. Part of that has been getting back to basics running Rourke out of the pistol and spread looks.
Miami is 90th in rush D overall but probably average in MAC play.
Bobcats with vastly superior QB here and should have their way on the ground with MACs top dual threat. Frank going for all time MAC coaching wins record and they are practically giving away the tickets tonight. Should be dry and in the 40s so we could see a decent crowd.
Everything on the line and I can’t see Miami keeping pace with a freshman qb.
I’m on Bobcats -7 and I would lean to the over here as well.
Seeing something like 38-24.

Appreciate the thoughts. Sitting on a 3-1 fairly heavy MAC ticket on the Bobs and am letting it ride 'til at least the (hopeful) MAC title game

Nothing like a 6 minute opening drive capped by a fumble into the end zone when you’re on the TT over. :mad:

Ohio is always good to lose atleast one game a year that they shouldn't, guess this was it.

Shame because of the good fan turn out and would've been nice for Solich to get the all-time MAC win total at home on that national TV only game on night of the CFB anniversary date.

Ohio reminded me last night a little of Utah State.

Great QB, but suffered a ton of attrition on OL and WR from last year.

You would think that these teams would be improving in those aspects this far into the season, but neither have.

all 3 dogs covered in the mac. Just something to note as I don't think there is alot of separation in that conference. Miami Oh is a sneaky dog - they have not lost hardly any games by more than 7 points in the mac conference over last 2 years - maybe 1 a year. For a team thats not explosive and nobody thinks is any good it's quite amazing. One thing that sticks out from last night is Miami has the worst YAC receivers in the ncaa. 2 perfectly called screen passes and one of the guys just stopped to ensure he couldn't get the first down. Miami oh may be a good fade ooc and a good bet on in conference.

I think it might be time to move on from Frank. He just can’t get them over the hump and at his age he’s not going to figure it out.

I think it might be time to move on from Frank. He just can’t get them over the hump and at his age he’s not going to figure it out.

Yeah. That is tough.

Ohio has championship aspirations, as they should. And they can't get over that hump like you say.

It's always one of those things...With Solich, Ohio is pretty much going to be in the hunt every year and win 8-10 games. Do you risk that with the unknown, possible set-back and risk missing bowl games for the hope of improving in the MAC Title race?

I don't think Ohio could proactively replace him, or even put pressure on him to 'retire'. I'd think it's going to have to be up to him, whether he feels he is holding Ohio back in a PR spin type retirement, or he just comes to a point he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Seems the staff wasn't prepared to fill some of the voids this team had on O and D (or the players had a slow curve) and it's a shame they weren't ready to reload for Rourke's last year.

How long ago did you go there...were you there when they ran option....or for the Pitt upset?

Yeah. That is tough.

Ohio has championship aspirations, as they should. And they can't get over that hump like you say.

It's always one of those things...With Solich, Ohio is pretty much going to be in the hunt every year and win 8-10 games. Do you risk that with the unknown, possible set-back and risk missing bowl games for the hope of improving in the MAC Title race?

I don't think Ohio could proactively replace him, or even put pressure on him to 'retire'. I'd think it's going to have to be up to him, whether he feels he is holding Ohio back in a PR spin type retirement, or he just comes to a point he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Seems the staff wasn't prepared to fill some of the voids this team had on O and D (or the players had a slow curve) and it's a shame they weren't ready to reload for Rourke's last year.

How long ago did you go there...were you there when they ran option....or for the Pitt upset?

I’m one of the older guys on here I think. I went during the early 90s when they were absolutely terrible. Gary Trent was pretty good though, and I could tell you some stories about partying with the Shaq of the MAC.
I was at the Pitt game and ran out on the field after that pick 6. That’s probably my favorite OU football memory.

So believe me, I realize we basically had no program before Frank (other than Grobe years) and I appreciate that he’s made them at least a bowl winner. But enough is enough, I’m tired of seeing us shit the bed. It’s happened too many times, he wasted Tettleton and Rourke. We just got a new AD (I know it’s a woman but I really don’t know much about her) so maybe she’ll be ready for a fresh start.

Last edited:
Eastern Michigan at Akron

Western Michigan at Ohio

WM - OU is a very hard game to predict I think.

I am not too far from Akron. There have been several accidents on the roads and freeways today due to snow and winter conditions. There won't be much snow for the game, flurries throughout, but it is really cold, 12 degrees with a wind chill. There never are many fans for most of these MAC games, this might be an all time low tonight.

Western Michigan at Ohio

I am not too far from Akron. There have been several accidents on the roads and freeways today due to snow and winter conditions. There won't be much snow for the game, flurries throughout, but it is really cold, 12 degrees with a wind chill. There never are many fans for most of these MAC games, this might be an all time low tonight.
Under first half?

Western Michigan at Ohio

Thanks for the local update.

:shake:

Back