MAC Action at it Finest!

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
This conference is like watching 5 year old youth soccer when that soccer ball finally comes out of the bunch with 30 seconds left and the wide open goal opportunity is completely whiffed. The blunders in this league compounded by the officiating is enough to wish this is a 5 game MAC season. This has nothing to do with sour grapes because I killed it these last 2 MAC nights but what this league puts you? Fuck me Alice.

I can't think of a better way to spend a fall Tuesday or Wednesday! One more week then they go to Saturdays where nobody will care or watch again.

When Toledo tried an "onside kick" from Western Michigan's 35 and the dude toe punted through the end zone giving them zero chance.

I can't think of a better way to spend a fall Tuesday or Wednesday! One more week then they go to Saturdays where nobody will care or watch again.
Its the best. I'm hoping next week it snows like crazy. I've loved this conference forever. Brilliant idea to play them on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

LOL. I was bored and decided to watch and try some live betting. Anyway, ended up getting Toledo -3.5 and WM +5.5 so not much of a middle - mainly just wanted to get off WM when I figured Toledo was going to go down and score and make it 10 with a few minutes to go (mainly because WM defenders couldn't tackle a WR five yards from a first down on 3rd down to save their lives). So Toledo indeed goes down and scores and makes it 10 with about 2 minutes to go. WM has no TO's left. I'm thinking "you don't suppose WM can drive down the field, score a TD and miss the XP do you?" Sure enough that's exactly what they do. Kicker totally shanks it left to make it a 4 point game. So I have my impossible middle locked up with 42 seconds left - of course WM gets the onside kick and then drives down and scores a TD with 15 seconds on the fake spike and no Toledo defender covering the WR. Oh my lord, such horrible football - stupid coaching, no one knows how to tackle (of course that is everywhere not just the MAC). But Toledo let WM march right down the field not once but TWICE in the last 2 minutes (with no TO's mind you) using a 3 5 3 prevent. Hard to remember worst coaching and defense. Anyway, was just betting play money and actually just had to laugh about missing my middle. But watching that was a joke for sure. It's not even entertaining to me because it's just such bad football.

With 3 minutes left and no timeouts for W Michigan is where I thought Toledo made the mistake. At 3 minutes is where 1st down was snapped. If they use the standard 5 seconds before the next 40 seconds run off you have 2:25 at 2nd down. We then start 2nd down at 2:20 for another 40 seconds. That gets us to 1:40. At 1:35 on 3rd down is when you try to get the ball in the end zone. If you get in its over with a 10pt lead. If you don't, the 40 sec clock starts at 1:30 and gets to 50 secs. You can run a 4th down or kick 3 to knock 5 more seconds off. With only 45 seconds left W Mich gets the ball. That's how I would do it.
Time is what I want off the board while inside the 5 yard line at this stage of the game. Worst case scenario they get the ball against their own goal line down 3pts and 45 seconds to 60 yards with a 52 yard FG to tie.
Having said all that. Cover an onside and a WR for God sakes

Back