LVSC Super Bowl Lines...

nropp11

Vice-President of Fondy Fanclub
Just heard a Senior Oddsmaker on the Dan Patrick show give his thoughts on a few things...

Super Bowl
Openers if Super Bowl was played today...
Patriots -14 vs. Cowboys
Patriots -16 vs. Packers
Patriots -19 vs. Giants/Seahawks
Patriots -21 vs. anybody else

They wanted to open Patriots at -24, but due to the Spygate factor they opened at -27, but is dropping due to weather (think he said 70% chance of snow).

Also said Dolphins would open around +28 next week, only b/c Patriots will have everything wrapped up and weather, otherwise, he said you would have probably seen something around 30+

:moose:

Thought it was interesting...
GL

A 14 point fave in the Super Bowl is just stupid. I would take a piece of the dog on every one of those lines esp. the Cowboys.

Eight of the last 12 Super Bowls have been decided by less than 14 points, including some heavy dogs, STL -14, GB -12 vs Denver, DAL -13.5. I think the Cowboys and Packers can give the Pats a game.

The total is going to be a huge one. Winning team has scored 30+ in 16 of the last 23 Super Bowls, so don't be afraid of it.

Eight of the last 12 Super Bowls have been decided by less than 14 points, including some heavy dogs, STL -14, GB -12 vs Denver, DAL -13.5. I think the Cowboys and Packers can give the Pats a game.

The total is going to be a huge one. Winning team has scored 30+ in 16 of the last 23 Super Bowls, so don't be afraid of it.

yah, i forgot to mention the guy said the total would be 62 with a pats/cowboys matchup

A 14 point fave in the Super Bowl is just stupid. I would take a piece of the dog on every one of those lines esp. the Cowboys.

I'd like to think so, but not with arguably the best big game coach in NFL history, while he is surrounded by talent.

really? the best big game coach in NFL history? you got some big......

balls_for_kids_TitleScreeGeneric.jpg

Just curious where is he doing his own thing?

14 points is a shitload for a superbowl game. Not sure if I am right on this but hasnt NE only won their past 3 superbowls by 1 FG in each game?

I know this year is different, but 14-21 points in a superbowl is ludacris.

back in July Bodog had early SB lines out but listed as

AFC -7
NFC +7

now it's somewhere around AFC -16 1/2

needless to say i hopped right on that -7 and i'm feeling pretty good about that number

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, there is still a LOT of football left. There is no guarantee that Dallas or NE will be in this thing. Should they just skip the playoffs and go right to the superbowl?

Just heard a Senior Oddsmaker on the Dan Patrick show give his thoughts on a few things...

Super Bowl
Openers if Super Bowl was played today...
Patriots -14 vs. Cowboys
Patriots -16 vs. Packers
Patriots -19 vs. Giants/Seahawks
Patriots -21 vs. anybody else

They wanted to open Patriots at -24, but due to the Spygate factor they opened at -27, but is dropping due to weather (think he said 70% chance of snow).

Also said Dolphins would open around +28 next week, only b/c Patriots will have everything wrapped up and weather, otherwise, he said you would have probably seen something around 30+

:moose:

Thought it was interesting...
GL

And y the HELL the PATS have to be in the SB?...they r NOT going to make it. Take my word on that. Either COLTS or SD ( yea believe that) gonna kick that PATS' BUTTTTT.

I took the AFC ml in august at -180 (spread was 3.5) for a large sum.
Hope that line keeps going up for a bigger middle.

2008 Early Super Bowl XLII Line @ Glendale, AZ

All wagers have action. Singles Only. Max $600
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>NFC

</TD><TD>+11½ (-110) <INPUT class=checkbox-pos title="Click to bet on NFC to win against the Point Spread" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2750580 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>AFC

</TD><TD>-11½ (-110) <INPUT class=checkbox-pos title="Click to bet on AFC to cover the Point Spread" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2750581 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
right now at bodog. im sayin if dallas makes it vs this pats team, catchin 14 god will be sittin good in heaven

I have to agree with Bet Crimes & O Town 510 here....not positive NE makes the big show either. The few weaknesses that the Patriots due have....have already been exposed and by some sub par teams to boot.

We can agrue the "what if" and "what should have happened" scenarios" until we're blue in the face but my honest and unbiased opinion is that the Colts should have beat them the first time out. I firmly believe Dungy, Peyton and Co. will not make the same mistakes twice.

I will be on the COLTS heavy in the AFC Championship......ALSO assuming they make it too!

BOL GENTS.

Back