Luck retiring

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

·
3m

The #Colts thought Andrew Luck would be full-go within the first week of camp from his calf/leg issue. But he never felt comfortable, mentally or physically. The tone shifted in the past couple weeks. Now, Luck plans to walk away at age 29.

Real tragedy here is juice was taking mahomes 1st overall until today, damn juice

Feel your pain brotha

Like a knife through the gut

Uhhhhh I wrote this before watching the video bravos posted

I wouldnt want the juice pissed at me, and juice didnt seem happy, let's get andrew some security just in case

Hes still on the sideline of the colts game right now

Those colts players dont know the media shit show they are about to walk into post game

Scarfy said it best somewhere in his usual rough Northeastern fashion. Fuck the Colts organization for not bothering to provide Luck with half-way decent protection. Dude took way more than the usual beating and paid for it and will probably keep paying for it. That's the real villain here, the Colts GM.

I've seen so many say he will be back tho, I do wonder

If his body feels good for a year or two straight, his mind clears up. It wouldnt susprise me

Very few moments make me audibly say what the fuck when it first scrolled across the ticker during the game
I saw a text scroll on my phone and was like "wtf". It was from my boy who had him as a keeper two years ago. He got like lucky this time, draft is tomorrow.

Colts had 20 years of Peyton and Luck, and have 1 SB to show for it
Don’t remind me.
But that 1 year was great and I will never forget it. I was there for EVERY game in the RCA Dome that year and the Super Bowl.
That 2006 AFC Championship Game was hands down the best game I have ever seen live.

Listen. My family has been season ticket holders since 1985. I do not blame him one bit
The front office has done jack shit to protect him. He has more injuries that have NOT been reported. He may be getting ready to turn 30 but I bet his body feels like he’s 50.
He has a degree from Stanford. He’s a smart guy. He will land on his feet and hopefully be healthy to stay on his feet for the rest of his life.

Best of Luck Andrew.

Scarfy said it best somewhere in his usual rough Northeastern fashion. Fuck the Colts organization for not bothering to provide Luck with half-way decent protection. Dude took way more than the usual beating and paid for it and will probably keep paying for it. That's the real villain here, the Colts GM.
And Irsay. I will say Ballard started to try to protect him, but the Fuck up that deserves most of the blame is Grigson. He was a fuck up. I was wushu washy on Ballard.
But Irsay did go after Peyton to be GM and I think things could have changed there but Peyton wasn’t ready for that role yet

Listen. My family has been season ticket holders since 1985. I do not blame him one bit
The front office has done jack shit to protect him. He has more injuries that have NOT been reported. He may be getting ready to turn 30 but I bet his body feels like he’s 50.
He has a degree from Stanford. He’s a smart guy. He will land on his feet and hopefully be healthy to stay on his feet for the rest of his life.

Best of Luck Andrew.
Exactly. Anyone remember that segment ESPN did probably a decade or more ago on Jerome Bettis and showing how he gets around his house on the Monday and Tuesday after an NFL game? F that.

Luck got the shit kicked outta him a lot. I’m happy for him to make this decision. A lifetime of pain isn’t worth it. He’s got his money, he’s probably not going to be stupid with it, and he can live the rest of his life pretty well off. I’m sure he’ll also get some deals in Palo Alto.

I will say however I think it was a really shitty move towards the organization giving the timing.

But on the other hand, fuck em.

Exactly. Anyone remember that segment ESPN did probably a decade or more ago on Jerome Bettis and showing how he gets around his house on the Monday and Tuesday after an NFL game? F that.

Luck got the shit kicked outta him a lot. I’m happy for him to make this decision. A lifetime of pain isn’t worth it. He’s got his money, he’s probably not going to be stupid with it, and he can live the rest of his life pretty well off. I’m sure he’ll also get some deals in Palo Alto.
His dad is CEO of the XFL.........
Maybe a coach who knows

I will say, I cant wait for the 30 for 30 on this night

Schefty breaking the news and everyones reactions

Luck saying he was gonna tell his teammates tomorrow and the media after, so that was taken away

The news breaking in the crowd and maybe across the sidelines as the game went on

The colts fans taking over from eagles as worst in the league, yesterday will be the new throwing batteries at Santa clause, this was a preseason game too, these are the die hards ffs

All the fantasy angles prolly

Potential points it looks into

What does the civil war general andrew luck guy do now

The potential use of a twitter video by juice in a murder trial if hes pissed off enough he drafted luck that he takes action

Colts should tank for Lawrence next season. Too good to get Tua this year. But next year. Trade any asset for a conditional pick and blow it up. Have another all time QB and do nothing with it.

Colts defense improved a lot last year and is on the rise. If Mack can stay healthy they‘re also solid at receiver with Hilton. Jacoby is a vet with the team he‘s quite far from Nathan Peterman

I’m shocked at the amount of hate I see for this guy on social media today. I get that fans are let down and I get it’s there are a ton of people who think he was a bust or overrated. I’m puzzled by this. Obviously they never watched a Colts game in the past 6 years. I hope he finds peace with this decision. He took a beating the past five years, more than most will ever know.

there are a lot of different motives out there

There is a large swath of sports media that hates the NFL and it’s “ toxic “ masculinity. So this has emboldened them to lecture us

Not everyone lives and breathes the sport they are playing , and it’s difficult for fans to understand that

It’s whats makes the Jordan’s , Brady’s , Woods ( in his 20s/30s) so special

This was planned a week ago. Colts have paid Luck 24 Million and are not seeking any of the money back.
I really respect the Organization for doing this

there are a lot of different motives out there

There is a large swath of sports media that hates the NFL and it’s “ toxic “ masculinity. So this has emboldened them to lecture us

Not everyone lives and breathes the sport they are playing , and it’s difficult for fans to understand that

It’s whats makes the Jordan’s , Brady’s , Woods ( in his 20s/30s) so special

The stories today about is this the end of the nfl, has the nfl stopped tricking people into hurting themselves for profit etc. Just idiotic stuff

Every nfl player now, heck every football player knows the risks, and they are saying essentially that the juice; could be the money, love of the game, fame.. whatever, is worth the squeeze

I love hoops, but twitter and the ringer and a few other places trying to convince the world that football isnt by far the most popular sport in the US is really dumb, the gap between football and baskets, is like the difference between baskets and mls

This was planned a week ago. Colts have paid Luck 24 Million and are not seeking any of the money back.
I really respect the Organization for doing this

I saw that, Irsay has had his issues but seems a very good players owner, which is all that matters

He knows more than anyone outside the org how much pain and suffering luck was going through to getting back on the field, I'm sure he appreciates him

I saw that, Irsay has had his issues but seems a very good players owner, which is all that matters

He knows more than anyone outside the org how much pain and suffering luck was going through to getting back on the field, I'm sure he appreciates him
It also leaves the door open IF he takes a year or 2 off and comes back.
That 24 Million shows a lot of loyalty

That is IF he heals Mentally & Physically

Best of Luck Andrew.
Irsay the biggest crook in the biz....ticket holders should be pissed...hence the boos....guarantee 99% of them were directing at pill boy jimmy

The stories today about is this the end of the nfl, has the nfl stopped tricking people into hurting themselves for profit etc. Just idiotic stuff

Every nfl player now, heck every football player knows the risks, and they are saying essentially that the juice; could be the money, love of the game, fame.. whatever, is worth the squeeze

I love hoops, but twitter and the ringer and a few other places trying to convince the world that football isnt by far the most popular sport in the US is really dumb, the gap between football and baskets, is like the difference between baskets and mls

Yeah it’s so predictable and boring

Back