LSU vs. Kentucky

• Thread starter Thread starter SoonerBS
  • Start date Start date
S

SoonerBS

I'm thinking these big point spreads are going to get harder and harder to cover by the favs as the season goes along and teams improve. In this game:

-- How interested will LSU be in playing Kentucky after losing their second conference game to Florida last week?

-- Kentucky didn't pan out against S. Carolina, but they are still some young talent that should be improving here.

-- All historical trends seem to be on the side of the Wildcats here as well.

Any of you SEC guys have some info to add about this game?

upset.gif

I was leaning towards UK at +28.. but who knows now. I actually like this UK team.

My inital thought is how will Kentucky ever score against an angry home top-rated team? The 26 may be a small number?

G-Man said:
My inital thought is how will Kentucky ever score against an angry home top-rated team? The 26 may be a small number?

That's kind of what I'm wanting to know -- how angry will they be? They are pretty much out of the National picture here and likely a BCS bowl bid as well, so do they just go through the motions in this game?

dontknow.gif

They are done from the sec in my honest opinion as well. They need auburn to lose 2 more games and arkansas 2 as well ( which is possible :smiley_acbe: )

Den...I would equate this to OU this week...I saw you say u think they take out their aggression at home....they have two losses and would need two UT losses, just like LSU...

If you think OU shows up, gotta think LSU would too.

I thought OU would show up to cover -11, but I don't think they are going to cover 3 TDs!!
eek.gif
That line was a bit of a surprise . . . . . .

I would be all over UK if Rafael Little, one of the best backs in the SEC, wasn't out for the game (at least what I heard today).

denny......Remember......They waxxed MSU in the first quarter.....Then put in the water girl....This team can kick Tucky's ass...The millon dollar ?? is...
Do they show up??? Why not.........I probably won't touch it....Lean...LSWHO

Thanks for the insight, guys, I appreciate it. It's been hard to find some good plays this week so far in my opinion.

SoonerBS said:
Thanks for the insight, guys, I appreciate it. It's been hard to find some good plays this week so far in my opinion.
After last week's raping I took, I'm being more cautious. I thought LSU over UF was one of the best plays of the year. There's always next week.

orange&white said:
After last week's raping I took, I'm being more cautious. I thought LSU over UF was one of the best plays of the year. There's always next week.

Same with me, O&W. It was a strange weekend with a lot of plays that went awry. :smiley_acbe:

SoonerBS said:
Same with me, O&W. It was a strange weekend with a lot of plays that went awry. :smiley_acbe:
All I can say as a fan at least I had a great weekend. The Vols won, The A's are in the ALCS, and the Yankess are gone. So that helped out a lot.

I'm making UK a small bet. A bit of a fade of LSU (2 conf. losses-NC hopes out of the question, people bitchin about Miles, people bitchin about J Russell) and a few props to UK's ability to backdoor this one.

Well of course Miles will come up throwing the bomb and the defense will play stellar and we will own Kentucky. Whoopity fucking doo.

Thus far in the Miles tenure he specializes in losing the games that count and spanking overmatched teams. Neither side is tempting here as a backdoor is possible but I couldn't put $$$$ on Kentucky under 31 - 35 points.

I see a 42 - 7 type game meaning LSU scores 40+ and Kentucky scores 10 or less. Miss St. got some garbage scores against LSU after an hour rain delay in which the players took a nap. I would expect a serious effort from these guys as they are ashamed for a miserable showing Saturday.

LSU played horrible its no secret but I want to give Florida their due. Florida stood up to LSUs physical nature and got the ball out quick on O.
LSUs OL was either really really bad or Florida has a very nice DL.
I figure its a combo of both but can't see UK getting the needed pressure to slow JR down. Once again, LSU tees off on a weaker opponent.

Traditionally, LSU bounces back strong after a performance like we saw on Saturday. UK is much improved and I am sure CKR likes the points here.
Just wanted to point out that Miles knows the fans are pissed and he just loves spanking the Tulanes, Miss Sts and, UKs of the world.

(I'm done with these big SEC spreads - seems like they are bigger than ever this year - hard to lay DD in SEC - 20+ is just scary)

Last edited:
SOONER,

With Uk's injuries to a all ready horrible fucking "D', i would not take 35 points. If it can get it around 27, i will strongly lean LSU, they are going to pretty rude host to the Cats after the loss to the Gators. UK knows they have no shot at winning this game, Little is out, and look for them to let some other guys "heal" against LSU and then the bye week. The only chance UK has at a bowl is to beat Messy State on the road after the bye week. i know it sounds pretty pathetic, but UK will actually sit some players that if they where playing one of the three remaining teams we have to beat to get a bowl bid, would play.

GL, but i dont think UK is a good play imo.

LSU is a very dangerous team. Certainly if they are playing on all cylinders they can cover the spread. A mistake here, or there, and the spread is gone.

This is not the same Kentucky team the SEC is used to seeing over past years. They went down to FLA and played in the swamp and beat the 28 point spread there. Lost by 19 in FLA.

I would be surprised if this line doesnt drop during the week.

Kentucky should be able to beat a 26 point spread.

I would say that is a pretty honest appraisal there Cat. No Little and a lot of injuries at DT doesn't bode well going against a pissed off host.

Timh said:
I would say that is a pretty honest appraisal there Cat. No Little and a lot of injuries at DT doesn't bode well going against a pissed off host.

TIMH,

I keep up with my Cats, i took them + the points against Florida, and i also took CMU + points fading them, i just dont see them covering @ LSU, this team is in a totally different situation than 3 weeks ago against Florida. After the loss to SC, and even more injuries from that game, this team will not compete against LSU. two weeks from now against Messy St, getting some guys back, then you may look at UK, this LSU game means nothing, they know they cant win and it will show. Like i said earlier, they know Miss St is team they have to beat. They could afford 1 lost, and SC was it. They felt like they could beat SC, Miss St, Vandy, and UL monroe to make a bowl, the margin of error is gone losing to SC.

SONNERBS,

Going to wait until Friday or so to see the movement in this one.

I'm going to play the LSU first half line big whenever it comes out at Pinny.

Sooners I like your LSU play for the first half. I'm going with you on that. Good luck on Saturday.

Sooner what you expecting it to be between 15 - 16.5?
I love it up to 17 but think they may hang it on 17 to start.
Watcha think? Around when will the half lines be released?

They might as well let Flynn and periloux get some time consdering their season is done

PURPLE & GOLD said:
Sooner what you expecting it to be between 15 - 16.5?
I love it up to 17 but think they may hang it on 17 to start.
Watcha think? Around when will the half lines be released?

It's -14.5 at BetCRIS right now and I've heard it is -14 at Olympic. I could play BetCRIS, but I want to see what Pinny will offer it at. :cheers:

Sooner, since this is your topic... you see value in Iowa St.? They played Texas rather tough for awhile.. and seem to be able to scrap up 14-21 against anyone given their athletic QB and playmaking skill positions. I think defensively they'll get pounded.. but OU always seems to punt a few times each game... just given their mentality on how they prefer to grind out games rather than piss-pound them... well not the case with Mid Tenny...

Just wondering what you think..

I will have a medium bet on ISU between +17 and +20 and a BIG bet on ISU at +21 or higher. Oklahoma has trouble with mobile QBs and this guy can pass downfield -- another weakness of our defense. I see ISU scoring enough points to cover this spread easily.

Guys, I layed $500 on LSU -14 in 1st half. That's my first "side" bet for the week.

I'm also waiting on a good line to bet these:

Iowa State
Army
Florida State
Hawaii

These will all be $500 bets or better.

beer.gif

I really really like Andre Woodson, he's a heckuva QB that not many people know about. Kentucky has some promise offensively, but that damn 3-4 that Archer runs is just getting gashed, repeatedly.

A defense that is next to last in the country, giving up more than 500 yards in six of its past 13 games....that includes nearly 600 to Central Michigan a couple weeks ago.

Some of y'all know I have to get schemes into my capping. Kentucky has overcome some poor D by winning the turnover battle, but LSU will line up and pound the shit out of them between the tackles, and Russell won't have the shitty performance he had last week.

I think this game could be more of a shootout, b/c KY has proven they can move the football. But they have been hit by some scholarship reductions, b/c of more recruiting emphasis on offense.

Long rant to say that Kentucky can't hang with an angry LSU team that is so fast on defense and physical on offense.

Be careful...KY is not a good team, but has an offense that can score without Little (out 4 weeks). They will hang 10-17 points still on LSU. If freaking Leak can lead them down the field, Woodson can do it too. Watch the freaking backdoor, because it is flapping in the wind on this one. My lean is toward the Kentucky (which probably means take LSU). But still, I think Woodson and backup QB/receiver hang a TD in there somewhere which puts the spread at 35. Can LSU score 35 after last weekend, who knows, but the magic 8 ball says take the blue and the points from Da Ville (70 miles due West of Lexington). Even though I hate them, they won't lay down on that pitiful arse coach for some reason. And Joker (O coordinator) is stupid enough to score on something not even close to what should be ran.... IMHO....

Razor, thanks for your input!
beer.gif

Hardball, I'm not giving Kentucky a chance to back door. LSU is a good first half team and that's why I layed the first half on them. Also, I never bet 1st half lines on a road team. LSU is the right side here . . . . .
pumpkin4.gif

I think Woodson is honestly the best pro prospect at the QB position besides Brohm in college football (and been saying so for 2 years now), but he is on his own out there. His receivers are small, have bad hands and Little is not the prize I think people make him out to be. He's relatively slow to the corner and I don't think his presence would have helped the Cats in this one, to be honest. Wouldn't play either side, but your 1st half line looks pretty decent denny.

J Galt said:
I think Woodson is honestly the best pro prospect at the QB position besides Brohm in college football (and been saying so for 2 years now), but he is on his own out there. His receivers are small, have bad hands and Little is not the prize I think people make him out to be. He's relatively slow to the corner and I don't think his presence would have helped the Cats in this one, to be honest. Wouldn't play either side, but your 1st half line looks pretty decent denny.

JGALT,

Keenan Burton is not small, and thier recievers have very good hands, Curtis Pulley the back up QB is very legitimate threat. Pulley will now concentrate on being a starting WR. Next year he will probably be listed as 3 or 4th on the qb depth chart. Please research some before making statements like that. How can you have a great QB without some one catching the ball ???

Guys what you are missing here is how bad UK's d is. They gave up almost 600 yards to CMU.

HARDBALL,

I'm also from Kentucky, but the difference being a UK fan i following more closely than you do. LSU will hang 35 on them @ the half. I will make a prediction, LSU runs for 250-300 yds on Uk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATSFAN said:
JGALT,

Keenan Burton is not small, and thier recievers have very good hands, Curtis Pulley the back up QB is very legitimate threat. Pulley will now concentrate on being a starting WR. Next year he will probably be listed as 3 or 4th on the qb depth chart. Please research some before making statements like that. How can you have a great QB without some one catching the ball ???

Guys what you are missing here is how bad UK's d is. They gave up almost 600 yards to CMU.

HARDBALL,

I'm also from Kentucky, but the difference being a UK fan i following more closely than you do. LSU will hang 35 on them @ the half. I will make a prediction, LSU runs for 250-300 yds on Uk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm willing to take that bet. LSU hasn't been able to run on ULL, Tulane or Miss St. I don't see the Cats being any less able to stop the run than those 3 teams. I would expect more along the lines of 150 total rushing yards and maybe 3 rushing TDs. The points will again come through the air. I've decided to make one of those can't lose type plays.
Putting big money on LSU 1st H and Over 1st H.
I just cant come up with a scenario where at least one of them don't cash. LSU should score 24 1st H points with ease. 24 - 3 is a cover/push. 31 - 3 is a cover cover and I like that but will say 28 - 10 to be safe. I only do this about 4 or 5 times a year and its one thing that I'm very successful at.

ABCS,
As for the backup QBs getting plenty of reps just don't see it happening.
Let's not start giving Miles credit for forward thinking. What I do expect to see is R.P. being one game closer to his last in a purple and gold uni.
How can R.P. watch this season unfold and not ask himself do I really want to play under this guy as we get further away from Sabans players and closer and closer to 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

24 - 10 would be a push/cover at -14.

Hey everybody,

Kentucky @ LSU. 26-27 points too many to give in this series. LSU is 2-8-1 ATS over their last outings with Kentucky. If you check the series last two times these teams played, Kentucky almost won the games outright with much less talent. Kentucky will keep this close because of Woodson, Burton and Lyons through the AIR. My play will be with the CATS.

GL to everybody this weekend!!!!!!

:cheers:

I always get a good chuckle thinking of Guy Morris and that premature gatorade shower (UK LOST the game no less than a minute later) he received years ago when we played LSU. Classic moment in UK football. Anybody remember that shit?

:wacka wacka:

Grind, alot of Kentucky fans were stunned that day, almost in tears!!!!!!!!!

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

dclark said:
:wacka wacka:

Grind, alot of Kentucky fans were stunned that day, almost in tears!!!!!!!!!

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classic all right, GRIND are you KY fan or just from Kentucky ??????? I find not very funny, i rank it right there with the Christian Lattner shot:down:

DCLARK,

Be very careful talking about classic, we all know who is one of the best football programs year in and year out, only to choke in the big game.

CATSFAN,

Go back in your little hole, its not basketball season yet!!!!!!!! At least we have been there and even won a National Championship in the last 8 years. You all are lucky to get to any kind of a bowl at all. How many bowls have yall ever been in, less than 10, but whos counting!!!!!!!!!!

t1_ainge.jpg

Catsfan-

Yes, I bleed blue. Don't get me wrong, I felt like I had my heart ripped outta my chest just like every other Catsfan that day. Now, when I look back on it, all I can do is laugh.

On the other hand, The Laettner shot still haunts me til this day.. a lot more riding on that shot in comparison to that bullshit hail mary pass... and that my friend, was not a laughing matter. It makes it a bit easier to overcome knowing it was one of the best games in college basketball history. I have more of an emotional attachment through the basketball program (and that '92 team), as do many others in the bluegrass. Growing up and having had the opportunity attend games since the late 80's, I can still remember the days of Wimp and his plaid, Dale Brown and his sideline antics, Nolan and his 40 minutes of hell, Wade and Alan Houston pulling off the shocker... my father cussing Denny Crum to high hell in the car... Roy Williams beating us by 60 in Rupp... Pitino and Bob Knight year after year. The worst feeling I've ever had as a fan was getting upset by Arkansas in Rupp years ago.... It was unheard of in the mid 90's to get beat on our home floor..... and to hear the chants of Pig Sooooweeeee from the rafters in the final seconds.. you could imagine how I felt.

PURPLE & GOLD said:
I'm willing to take that bet. LSU hasn't been able to run on ULL, Tulane or Miss St. I don't see the Cats being any less able to stop the run than those 3 teams. I would expect more along the lines of 150 total rushing yards and maybe 3 rushing TDs. The points will again come through the air. I've decided to make one of those can't lose type plays.
Putting big money on LSU 1st H and Over 1st H.
I just cant come up with a scenario where at least one of them don't cash. LSU should score 24 1st H points with ease. 24 - 3 is a cover/push. 31 - 3 is a cover cover and I like that but will say 28 - 10 to be safe. I only do this about 4 or 5 times a year and its one thing that I'm very successful at.

ABCS,
As for the backup QBs getting plenty of reps just don't see it happening.
Let's not start giving Miles credit for forward thinking. What I do expect to see is R.P. being one game closer to his last in a purple and gold uni.
How can R.P. watch this season unfold and not ask himself do I really want to play under this guy as we get further away from Sabans players and closer and closer to 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

24 - 10 would be a push/cover at -14.

PURPLE & GOLD

265Y ards rushing, you lose !!!!

Back