LSU thoughts?

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
Maybe I missed it but haven't seen much info on LSU today..

We probably have more LSU guys around here than any other team..

Serve it up guys.. I have a heavy LSU lean but need some help..

Thoughts?

I'd like to hear from the LSU guys too on this one. I would think they should be able to run the ball very effectively today and have to believe Jefferson is an upgrade from Lee.

i played the over 53, neither defense seems to be stopping anyone right now. lsu should be able to run all day on Arky and Arky should be able to throw the ball around some, especially with out RB Smith in the lineup

I would lean LSU, in revenge mode, They were 14pt Faves last year and ARK won by 2 pts. This is a very very strong play for me.

Tee LSU is not a good team. With LEE you cannot lay on the road anywhere and also with Jefferson you cannot lay on the road---

What I think is that LSU should have little motivation to win this game or even play it.
THey looked disinterested last week vs OLE miss.

THe game vs Troy explained a lot, a team like Troy can give LSU a game and almost beat them- Ole miss embarrasses them--

They are not going to get good all of a sudden, although they have mostly struggled at home--

I lean LSU thoughts in my thread. Should really have a run advantage big time.

Been looking for Blue Chip's thoughts all week.

LSu lost to all the good teams at home--

Georgia, BAMA and Ole MISS--

lost to Florida also on road---

IT was crystal clear that they cannot play with the big boys, very clear, their offense is over matched--

Their D looks like it has some athletes but seems to have breakdowns all game long-
This could be because the D presses after it is on the field all game long-

But certaintly playing ARKY is not a big boy- but in college you never know- However the LSU D has not been stellar-- and the QB's both pretty much suck, so if you need plays to be made I know LEE cannot do it, maybe Jefferson but he is a rookie, how does he handle 70.000 fans screaming at him?

Perhaps we know about LSU, maybe we need to know more about ARkansas as a team?

Insn't Fondy from ARkansas?

titties.

really liked what i saw from the young qb for lsu. showed allot of confidence in both his arms and his legs. as with most young athletic qbs, he did tend to run a bit to quick neglecting some of his check down options however i don't see that costing them too much here. also like the fact that ark didn't have much tape to look at as far as his tendencies etc. overall, lsu should be able to run the ball consistently allowing him to settle in and hopefully setting up some nice throwing opportunities. now that was aat home so this is a much tougher test. i do like the fact that there is not a huge stake here, taking a little pressure off.
the razorbacks are a tough team to cap (i have had some decent success on and against them this year though). they do seem much more comfortable with petrinos system and have certainly reduced the turnovers that really plagued them at the beginning of the season. overall, i like my position and am on lsu for a pretty big bet.

LSU 2nd Half ....

Hogs got some early points and have been shutdown since barely gaining any yardage. While Arkanasas only stop all day is a missed FG ....LSU will pour it in IMO in the 2nd H.....

( Already have LSU 1st H -3 , -5.5 game and Teaser LSU -1 / Under 60 )

GL

-3 / 27

Played LSU -3 -110 and might add the under or do a 2nd H parlay . Would do it at 28 for sure but dont think we see 28 ...

Think 24 is the max points we see unless of course field position is comprised repeatedly .

Thinkng 17-7 2nd H but could be 17-3 ...

I haven't been around much these holidays. After the Bama loss, I thought LSU would quit the season and give it a half-ass attempt until the bowl game. I bet against LSU vs Bama and vs Ole Miss. I liked the over today but didn't play it. LSU has talent with a lack of coaching. LSU will likely become bottom feeders in the SEC West with Miss St unless some serious problems are addressed this offseason. Miles sucks but with the NC title giving him a cushion, he won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Reminds me of John Brady in LSU basketball. Everyone wanted him gone but when we went to the Final Four, we knew he bought himself some more time. Last year at this time, everyone was hoping for Miles to head Mishitgan so LSU could bring in someone like Spurrier or Butch Davis or whoever else's name was flying around. Miles first fuck up was appointing co-defensive coordinators. The players look lost before the play begins most of the time and they seem to be out of position way too often. Crowton has been one of the worst play callers I've witnessed in years, but I seriously doubt he goes. LSU's veteran OL is overrated, but that's not a concern because Jordan Barksdale is likely the only OLman returning next yr (maybe Hitt). The immediate fixes would be to insert Hatch as the QB, as he is the best game manager that won't kill you with turnovers. Maybe Crowton will get some sense talked into him this offseason and he will call more running plays next year (although not likely to happen). Second, Miles need to name a defensive coordinator. Mallory and Peveto are not doing a good job splitting the duty, so I would like to see LSU renew talks with Jon Tenuta or someone similar (aggressive DC). Miles has a tremendous recruiting class coming in, so talent will continue to flow into Baton Rouge. Now it is up to the ass clowns wearing headphones on the sidelines and in the booth to put this talent to good use. I think with the Arkansas loss, LSU goes to the Independence Bowl in Shreveport. I expect LSU to handle whoever they play there, and I expect a bettable line because everyone is down on LSU.

Yeah do you think they try though in the indendence bowl blwu chip?

My thoughts on LSU is as I intially stated they are overrated as a team--

They are very vulnerable to the deep pass, their Db's dont even turn and look for the ball and get beat by usually 5 yards on a straight go route-

Opposing QB's complete passes on them very easily especially if its a pass longer than 10 yards it seems.

The LSU Defense does have playmakers anymore like it used to, no Laron Landrys, Glen Dorsey, Randall Gays---

The receivers look to be very athletic, when the QB's throw the ball deep they can make plays downfield--

LSU's running game is also overrated as hell, Charles Scott?? Are you kidding me this guy is so slow and has no speed--

Lack of any good tight ends, do they even have one? They sure dont throw any passes to any tight ends--

LSU is a team with no focus- They do look lost on D, I observed on ARKYS game winning drive safeties would stand deep flat footed and just stand there-

It is clear that the coaching of this team is one of the worst ever. Miles can only win when his team has a clear advantage in talent. Now that BAMA, Florida, Georgia, and Ole Miss also have talent the result is a blowout--

Today showed that Miles cannot coach- up 16 early 3rd-- Here is where the game was lost--
The Older DICK took the ball dropped back for a long drop back, the receiver ran abour 16 yards and started running out when he was so close to the sidelines, the ball was not in the air, no fake by the QB, the receiver runs an out and up and is wide open. THE DB has to know that there is no way that the QB was throwing the out there as the ball would have been in the air alraedy- He is watching the receiver and has no idea what the QB is doing?

So another Db burned badly by a double move, looked like the DB was out to lunch there--

Then on the 4th and 1 yard play Arkansas runs that deep high throw go route- LSU Db's never locate that ball in the air, they look like bad high school Db's to me.

Then MILES kicking a 63 yarder vs the wind rather than a hail mary??
He had all day there and they came up with this play that Jefferson rolls out and throws to no one on the sidelines every time- I mean use the middle of the field, do something--

The game was lost when that #47 took a rough penalty flag giving arky automatic first down-- Then Les MILES starts humping the player and hugging him on the sidelines- Pershaps LSU should stop drafting thugs if they dont learn how to play--

IMO Miles perhaps hugged the players after they fuck up so the players love him, because we all know he cant coach, so maybe he will buy himself 2 more years cause players love his ass because he is so easy to manipulate and do whatever you want on the field. THere is no accountability playing for Les MILES>

I took it on the chin today, but this loss pissed me off. Personal fouls twice in one drive. This team has no discipline. Every week we see the retaliator get flagged. You would think the players would know that by now. Then #93 trying out for the 09 place kicker. Stupid players. I don't want to get Sammy started on the officiating, but I damn near threw my remote throught the TV on the INT/pass interfernce call late in the 4th. Hats off to Ark backers.

Guys this season ended with the Bama loss.

Looking back if Jefferson was worked in more the team could have covered up the defensive weaknesses. The total attitude went south with loss #3. The Double DC call was questioned from jump but what can you do but sit back and observe.
I fully expect a new DC to be on board before the pathetic bowl game we end up playing. I do not think that will happen and believe betting LSU under the same coaching staff would be a bad idea. I would say of 11 players on the field you sense that about 5 really give a shit at a time.

I love Crowton. I DO NOT believe he is fully or even mostly to blame.
I think Miles micromanages critical situations or dictates drives and schemes and I want him to stop. Crowton could turn Jefferson into a top 3 SEC QB in 2 years.
But Miles would never allow that to happen. IMO.

Purple GOLD--

Jefferson showed poise as freshman, doesent throw too many ints and can run and get to the edge like Vince young--

MILES reminds me of Joe Gibbs, game has past him by- he is a clown--

LSu u are right are not trying very hard, once BAMA Lost no more incentive to play-

I think they mail their bowl games in for sure

Les Miles won a NC because of Nick Sabans recruits. All of LSU's talent came from Nick Saban. This was the 1st year Miles recruits are starting.It shows and I told all my buddies who are LSU fans not to expect much.They laughed at me and now I ask them who is the bitch.

exactly they should remove Lester Miles name from LSU---

this is not his team, he is reponsible for destroying a national contendor into a pathetic uncoached, lousy, undisciplined piece of crap team--

THey are embarassing and soon could be cellar dwellars with this stellar coaching

Joe Gibbs took a dump the other day and it contained more football knowledge than les miles will ever have in his brain.

The game cannot pass you by unless you were ahead of the game at some point.

That les miles is a bad football coach is no surprise to anyone.

The man cannot complete an intelligent sentence , let alone coach a football team.

Most of the "riverboat gambler" mentality that people point to were TERRIBLE decisions that just happened to work out for him. Much like the guy calling all-in with 2-3 offsuit with an average sized stack and then winning the pot .... result does not make the decision correct.

You are correct Lester Miles is a complete joke?

Where the hell did he recruit #7 DB on defense from? For a major program LSU has some of the worst cover corners ever----

Saban when there taught players like Yag and Landry and made them into great players, best in the world--

Now with Miles there everyone sucks on this team-- they talk about this Charles Scott guy like he is great, and he gets the ball and falls for 3 yards, enough of this bullshit with the overrated LSU O line and charles scott--

the announcers almost make it seem that everyone playing for LSU is the best in the country and should be considered that-

didn't read thread..but FUCK lsu..added them and unreal...they cost me all my iowa money this year..lol

Back