LSU Cheap Shot Nets One Game Suspension

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
[h=1]LSU OG Josh Boutté suspended one game[/h][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
21044844-mmmain.jpg

LSU Tigers guard Josh Boutte (76) leaves the game during second half action at Lambeau Field in Green Bay on Saturday, September 3, 2016. (Photo by Brett Duke, Nola.com | The Times-Picayune) (BRETT DUKE)

PrintEmail
By Jim Kleinpeter, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on September 05, 2016 at 11:34 AM, updated September 05, 2016 at 11:48 AM

LSU offensive guard Josh Boutte has been suspended by coach Les Miles for his late-game flagrant personal foul penalty in the Tigers' 16-14 loss to Wisconsin Saturday.
Boutte, a senior making his second career start, was ejected from the game after he hit Wisconsin defensive back D'Cota Dixon, who had intercepted a pass and downed the ball with 57 seconds left. Boutte will miss LSU's home opener against Jacksonville State Saturday in Tiger Stadium.
Miles said that Boutte called Dixon on Monday morning to personally apologize for the personal foul.
"Josh made a mistake and will serve a one game suspension because of it," Miles said. "Even though this was done by mistake, a play like this does not belong in the game of football and therefore action must be taken.
"This play does not define Josh as a person and is not indicative of the type of player he is. We sincerely apologize for his mistake."
It's unclear who will replace Boutte in the lineup. Garrett Brumfield is listed as his backup at right guard, but Maea Teuhema could move into his 2015 position at left guard with Will Clapp moving to the right side. Teuhema rotated at tackle with K.J. Malone on the left and Toby Weathersby on the right and spent most of fall camp at tackle.
Take a look at the video of the play below:
<iframe src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=17459152&endcard=false" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0"></iframe>
[/FONT]

Very disappointing and should be more, though if he ends up losing his job I guess it's worth it. No discipline, no accountability.

Devil's advocate for the kid .. no idea if he admitted to the cheap shot or not ... or whether he publicly was forced to.. haven't read anything about it ...

BUT .. what if .. well, what if he thought the play was still live. Guy was running down the field and the crowd was so loud at that point maybe he had not heard a whistle.

Devil's advocate for the kid .. no idea if he admitted to the cheap shot or not ... or whether he publicly was forced to.. haven't read anything about it ...

BUT .. what if .. well, what if he thought the play was still live. Guy was running down the field and the crowd was so loud at that point maybe he had not heard a whistle.

i thought about that too

but i am pretty sure he was just as pissed off as the rest of us lol

Well then he's is a total idiot. Wisco dude was running with a hand in the air and no one was going after him - the dude knew what happened.

Well then he's is a total idiot. Wisco dude was running with a hand in the air and no one was going after him - the dude knew what happened.

He is a modern day athlete. The "idiot" part is almost a given.

But ya, I know... 99% chance it was just a cheap shot.

Pretty sure he is back in Louisiana now as an assistant at his old high school.
He is....and trying to make it right in the River Parishes where he is still royalty....haven't read the article but I am sure that is what is alludes to.
Back home coaching high school.
Waste, but hopefully he makes it right

interested in your thoughts on jax state matchup please sir
8 SEC transfers and didn't these guys beat a certain someone not long ago?
Problem is, Miles doesn't usually ramp these up(not that he fucking can!)...games I mean.
BUT...weird time this year for him....so who knows on that really. This could be the year where he says Fuck It......

What was open and what is now? I've banned myself for now.,,,,

Thanks and GL Capt

8 SEC transfers and didn't these guys beat a certain someone not long ago?
Problem is, Miles doesn't usually ramp these up(not that he fucking can!)...games I mean.
BUT...weird time this year for him....so who knows on that really. This could be the year where he says Fuck It......

What was open and what is now? I've banned myself for now.,,,,

Thanks and GL Capt

I said 28ish in my mind and its 28/54.5. Not fair to compare your boys to the shit team jax state should have beat last year. LSU lights years ahead of that squad. Think LsU has blood in their eyes and terrible timing for the gamecocks. I'll just watch and see if a halftime surfaces. GL to you , look forward to it to learn if nothing else.

Back