LSU/App St. Line?

I have seen nothing at the bigger books. I saw some early releases (maybe 5dimes and maybe a brick & mortar book) and those were at 21-23.

...currently at 24

It will be hard for App St to move the ball in the air or on the ground. Do not be surprised if Crowton calls rush-to-pass plays at a ratio of 3:1 or more. Is there a total? LSU will be running too much to confidently lay 24, but I am confident LSU will shut down App St's offense. An under might be more suitable than a side bet on LSU if the total is set in the mid/high 40s.

They dont have any totals for the AA games yet. Im thinking they usually dont offer one at all but I'll check back late in the week.

By the way for anybody interested, they have low limits on these games and are -115

thats bullshit major books wont take action on this game an lvsc didnt offically line this game. its a national televised game on espn, it should be lined. i can see if it was a normal game carried on local tv but its on espn pre primetime lineup.

can appy hang with LSU renew?

Not a chance. Their D was porous last season, and lost all 4 DBs. They couldn't stop the run at all. Yes they will improve this year up front, because all 7 are back, but why run when you can pass all day.

On O all they have is Edwards. They lost 3 All Americans on the O-Line, their All Time leading rusher Kevin Richardson, and top 2 WRs, 3 including Richardson.

..but what is LSU qb situation?

At his press conference Tuesday morning, Miles said two of the three QB's would see playing time. Hatch is the consensus pick to start Saturday as Lee nears 100%, but Miles loves Lee because he has a cannon although Hatch seems to be the better scrambling QB.

BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU has moved up the kickoff time of its home opener Saturday against Appalachian State because of concerns about Tropical Storm Gustav.
A spokesman for the school's board said Gov. Bobby Jindal's office asked for the change from 4 p.m. to 10 a.m. local time (11 a.m. ET).
Spokesman Charles Zewe said the switch was required because of concerns over traffic, as evacuees are expected to be heading north through Baton Rouge.

"Public safety was the overriding concern expressed by all parties when we met with the governor and his staff today," LSU director of athletics Joe Alleva said Friday. "Ten a.m. is obviously not the optimal time for a football game, but when one of the options was to not play the game at all, this is a matter of making the best of an unfortunate situation."

Jindal already has declared a state of emergency to lay the groundwork for federal assistance, and New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin said he would order a mandatory evacuation of the city if forecasters predict a Category 3 strike -- or possibly even a Category 2 -- within 72 hours.
All pregame activities already have been canceled, including those at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center, which is being readied as a possible evacuation site.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Somebody should because I want to know if they'll honor it. And if they cancel, when they notify you.

Somebody should because I want to know if they'll honor it. And if they cancel, when they notify you.

yeh wondering that... i heard sports talk radio guys today sayin the line was 14 too... i knew that was off on the radio.. oh well hope worth the risk

Appalachian State at Louisiana State

<table id="ucLineHistory_tblLineHistory" class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#ecece4"> <td class="smtext2" width="40%">BookMaker</td> <td class="datahl2c" align="center" width="30%">Odds (Line)</td> <td class="datahl2c" align="center" width="30%">Over/Under (Total)</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td class="smtext2">08/29/08 6:45:20 PM</td> <td class="smtext2" align="center">-14/-110 (Open)</td> <td class="smtext2" align="center">OFF</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td class="smtext2">08/29/08 9:15:24 PM</td> <td class="smtext2" align="center">-15/-110</td> <td class="smtext2" align="center">OFF</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ecece4"> <td class="smtext2" width="40%">BetCRIS</td> <td class="datahl2c" align="center" width="30%">Odds (Line)</td> <td class="datahl2c" align="center" width="30%">Over/Under (Total)</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td class="smtext2">08/29/08 6:39:22 PM</td> <td class="smtext2" align="center">-14/-110 (Open)</td> <td class="smtext2" align="center">OFF</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td class="smtext2">08/29/08 9:09:20 PM</td> <td class="smtext2" align="center">-15/-110</td> <td class="smtext2" align="center">OFF</td></tr></tbody></table>

All right, if they've had it up for three hours, they don't feel it's a mistake. I made a small play. If they cancel, they damn well better do it before the game starts.

Weird to say the least. Just dropped back down to 14 and I will be the first to admit I don't understand this line at all. Man, wish I would have saved my 400 dollar betpoints free play to drop on this one!

I love bookmaker.....

I just deposited a dime.... got a 25% bonus... and bet LSU -14 -130

All within the past 45 min.....

How's that for customer service?

If BM thinks they are pulling one over on bettors, they are sadly mistaken. People in Baton Rouge that planned on attending the game could give a shit about Gustav right now because the storm won't reach land until Tuesday. This is simply a game where there is a disparity in talent that will be exposed. App St will be lucky to put up 10 pts. LSU will run the ball all day.

Do they think that the hood rats that really need to evacuate, area the ones that usually attend the games?

Do they think that 10 am is too early? Or that it will be a run fest?

I mean App State had the #87 rush last season.... in 1-AA. They got ABUSED by Georgia Southern and Wofford on the ground, and Mike Hart put up 170 I think in 2 quarters?

They return the front 7, but 0-4 in the back. Yes they will probably improve against the rush this season, but against LSU?

big ballin, renew... so matador, how's it feel to spread the news that rose a line 2.5 pts? lol

Garfather gave me the tip -- It wasn't me. I just brought it up here because I thought it was interesting. I didn't think much of it -- just the typical bad line that they'll pull and cancel wagers. I guess I was wrong -- sounds like they mean it.

Finally the middle hounds have gotten a hold of things.....

Down to 23 on 5Dimes and up to 18.5 on bookmaker......

The 27 stayed up at 5Dimes for a few hours after Matador pointed out that bookmaker had it.

I wish 5dimes took CC deposits like bookmaker did.

I think they really think with the start time and circumstances they have the right line...I sure as help hope they are wrong .

I posted last night in the in-game that CRIS basically was thumbing their nose at 5slimes by posting the line a full 10-12 points different.

The guy I talked to who really knows his I-AA and I'm sure no doubt does some consulting with the CRIS guys as well seem to think there will be money coming for Appalachian State this morning at some point. I think 17 or so should be about right for this game; maybe cheaper with the time change. No play for me; GL fellas...

Back