• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

LRR NHL Monday December 21st

LeRinkRat

Pretty much a regular
NOT actually bets for me today BUT here are some thoughts

Bluejackets @ Penguins
(Korpisalo vs Murray)

battle of rookie goalies. BJ's Joonas Korpisalo 1-2 his 3 starts and won his last vs Flyers 3-2 (so). Pens Matt Murray lost his only start 1-2 vs Hurricanes @ Pittsburgh. NO Crosby (Lower Body), Letang or Bennett for Penguins. NO Foligno for BJ's BUT #1 D-man Jack Johnson OK to play. BJ's won only meeting this season 2-1 @ Columbus and have beaten Pens their last 3. won last 2 games vs Flyers and @ Coyotes. Pens lost last 5 & 7 of last 8 and last 4 @ CEC. scored 2 GF's or less last 5 games. NO bet BUT forced to pick Bluejackets +120

Ducks @ Islanders
(Andersen vs Halak)

"Freddy Spaghetti" with just 1 GA's in 2of his last 3 starts. Halak 3 GA's or more in 3 of his last 5. damn Ducks just NOT scoring. won 3 of last 5 games BUT all were 1-0 or 2-1 "squeekers". "Coney Island Weenies" also in a scoring drought their last 3 with their last being shutout @ Phoenix 0-1 by the 3rd string Coyotes goalie. again NOT bet but forced to pick Ducks +115

Blues @ Flyers (Allen vs Mason)

Jake Allen has won 4 of last 5 starts. Mason lost 3 of his last 4. Blues won last 3 games and 4 of last 5 BUT did lose to the Flyers 2-4 @ St Louis their last meeting. Flyers won their last 2 home games vs Canucks and Hurricans BUT lost the previous 2 homes. NO bet BUT St Louis with the better team so would chance Blues -125

Capitals @ Hurricanes (Grubauer vs Ward)

Capitals just BEAT the SNOT out of the Rangers yesterday. canes with some good wins themselves lately BUT ther is NO comparison between players and offense. Caps -130 a "low lay" even B2B with Grubauer in goal

Jets @ Oilers (Hellebuyck vs Talbot)

I would take my "GOOD U-Mass Lowell BOY" "Connor Kaopectate" Hellebuyck (5-2 on season. 2 GA's or less 5 games) over Cam 'The Scam" Talbot (2 wins his last 9 starts & 4 GA's or more 6 of last 8) anytime. BOTH teams can SCORE when they get it going BUT Oilers with just 2 GF's or less their last 3 all losses. would chance Jets -125 and maybe OVER 5 1/2 even with Talbot for Oilers

good thoughts on all...i would put a little on each and come out a winner
appreciate u taking time to post thoughts
gl Rat

thanks, bloodhound adding Stars -102 @ Wild with Lehtonen vs Dubnyk. for all his faults "Let-Em-In" is 7-0 on the road this season and getting excellent goal support. "Dooby" also good esp @ home BUT did lose recently @ Xcel to the Jets and Canucks. NO comparison between the two teams offenses

thanks, bloodhound adding Stars -102 @ Wild with Lehtonen vs Dubnyk. for all his faults "Let-Em-In" is 7-0 on the road this season and getting excellent goal support. "Dooby" also good esp @ home BUT did lose recently @ Xcel to the Jets and Canucks. NO comparison between the two teams offenses

Dallas added some key pieces in the off season and as such they look like Cup contenders, and after shelling the Canadiens on Saturday they reiterated that point against one of the better teams in the East. But the Wild have been great at home and have beaten some very good teams there and I think that continues here as Minny gets the edge at a good price imo

well "Der Sterne" (The Stars) were 27-9 going into tonight and I swear I have been on them for EVERY loss. highest scoring team in the league with a 3.42 GF average AND the #2 & #3 scorers in Jamie Benn & Tyler Seguin BUT when I play them they fall asleep OR run into the "hot goalie" :mad:

just amazing. the Blues blow a 3-0 lead half way thru 2nd period and LOSE @ Flyers 3-4.AND BOTH Ducks and BJ's get clobbered 2-5. ONLY winner a 2-1 "squeeker" by the Capitals which would have hairlipped any puckline players AND "Connor Kaopectate" is "Double Dose of Dulcolax" tonight @ Edmonton down 0-2 end of 1st period

BUT OOPS!!! "Der Sterne" FINALLY "aufwachen" (wake up) with 3 late 2nd period goals from Benn, Fiddler & Seguin to take a 3-2 lead . I sure HOPE freeking "Let-Em-In" can keep it OUT the net in the 3rd

Boy OH!!! IF the books would put up an "Empty Net Goal? YES? NO?" prop on Stars games I would sure chance it. seems like at least a third of their games they have bagged at least one and got two tonight for a 6-3 Stars final. NOW if I could ONLY get a Jets 3rd period "lazarus" in Edmonton down 1-3...

also unusual number of OVERS tonight with 6 of 8 game so far and the Jets @ Oilers "In Range" with 4 goals thru the 2nd period

number of B2B teams Tuesday. Blues @ Bruins, Ducks @ Rangers, Habs @ Wild (both), @ Stars vs Blackhawks, Jets @ Flames & Maple Leafs @ Coyotes

Last edited:
Back