Louisville vs. Syracuse

mwwebb81

Pretty much a regular
Last week I missed the suggested wager on Louisville -6.5, but did correctly advise people to stay away from the total over bet, which ended up not hitting. On to this week:

This game has Over written all Over it. You think Louisville's defense has been bad giving up over 30 points per game? Try Syracuse's D, they are almost at 40 points per game allowed!

Louisville is going to be fired up for the start of the Big East schedule, especially coming off of a loss in the in state rivalry game, and returning to the home field. To put it bluntly, Syracuse is walking right into the snake pit.

I would say that Illinois and Louisville's defense are about on par with one another, so you can probably expect similar offensive numbers from the Orangemen in this game. Louisville's offense however is at a whole other level compared to what Syracuse saw last week, so we can expect more points out of this pissed off Cardinal team.

Think about it. Syracuse gave up 41 and 42 points to Illinois and Washington respectfully, and neither one of those teams have an offense that is as good as the Cardinals. They gave up 35 points to Iowa, whose offense has looked pretty horrible for much of the first 3 weeks!

I fully expect the Cards to come out swinging in this game, and not let up until its over. They have something to prove, and they will light the scoreboard up at Cardinal Stadium this Saturday.

Final Score:

Louisville 59, Syracuse 24

So as far as my suggestion, I would say lay off of the line unless it somehow dips below 35, and pound the over 62 for a medium to large sized bet. I put 2 units on the over.

Good Luck to everyone this week!

WEBB

have to somewhat agree

I was a total fan of the under last week. Being a season tik holder of the Cards, I was all over the under last game. Too bad I was sick in bed all weekend. I chose rest over the unrest of making the play. Don't get me wrong, I didn't doubt it, I just didn't know if I would need artificial life support to call it in.

Feeling better this week about both the game and in the health category. Have to disagree with you here, humbly. I will take the cards up to 40. I have to think that UL's offense can substitue for their defense in this one. Can their opponent score 30 in this game, I don't think so. Can they score 21-24, maybe. If they do, that means UL scored fairly quick. Louisville tries to subsidize their D woes with a potent offense/scoring. They want to stay in the headlines in some manner, and frankly, scoring in the 50's is a yawn for the card faithful.

Look for them to try to top their scoring efforts, and post a number near 70+. That leads me to believe, the cuse have to come up with 30. I will take the risk. Good luck... And like you said, the over is generally safe if ever posted around 70 or 80 with the cards this year.

Also, look for a defensive touchdown in this one. I just got the feeling that when you get pie in the face, you kick the fat nerd that can't defend themself. Thoughts?

just to add to

Look for new blitz packages and tighter coverage packages. Time to pull out the stops and get ready for BE play. The variable is their personnel and whether they can support new blitz packages. Peanut has to play a bigger role. Look for a stinger blitz off corners on 3 out of 4 plays from his position type.

Hardball,

You are not really disagreeing with me here. I didnt say I dont think UofL will cover, I just said I wouldnt play it. Just because I dont make a play, doesnt mean I think the other side is a good bet. I lean Louisville minus the points if I "Had" to make a play, I just wont be making one.....other than the over bet that is.

I am also a season ticket holder, and will be on hand for the game on Saturday. Hopefully to watch a good solid beat down.

WEBB

3 touchdowns? I think you may be understating just how ugly this is going to get just a bit! I think 6 TD's is a lot more likely than just 3!

I like that Syracuse team total. If Murray State can score 10 on us at home, i see no reason why Syracuse cant get 13!

I officially feel like puking.

That was the worst coached game that any Louisville fan has seen since Ron Cooper. What a joke.

At least I got the call right with the over, and to stay away from the line.

Its gonna be a long long long football season..........

Back