Louisville vs. NC State

mwwebb81

Pretty much a regular
Wow. Just two weeks ago Louisville had thoughts about a run to the national title, and now 11 days later, we are already thinking about basketball season!

A couple of things have become very apparent to me over the course of the last two weeks.

#1. Louisville is a very poorly coached team.

How on earth you can go for it on 4th and 10 from the 31, when you have one of the best kickers in the country on your team is beyond me. That potential 3 points ended up being the difference in the game. That being said, the same guy who decides to go for it on the 31, decided to punt from the 37!!! Are you fucking kidding me? Should have kicked the field goal from the 31, and gone for it from the 37. Instead he goes for it, and fails from the 31, and punts from the 37.

I got to know coach Kragthorpe pretty well early in the year. He lived in the hotel I worked at for 3 months, and I must say, he is one of the nicest guys that you could ever hope to meet. That being said, my opinion of him as a head coach has gone in the shitter over the course of this season. They look poorly coached, he has made horrible decisions, and they do not look motivated the slightest bit. Over the course of 4 games he has essentially taken the program from the National Spotlight, to insignificant, and in the same period, set recruiting back who knows how far.

#2. This defense really is as bad as it has looked.

There is no making excuses for it any more. They are horrible. The secondary couldnt cover me playing reciever, and I am pretty damned slow! Losing Lattarius Thomas for the year hurts really bad, and Brandon Heath, for some reason, has not played nearly as much as he should. Richard Raglin absolutely sucks, period. It seems like every deep ball that gets thrown over the heads of the secondary is when he is in the game at safety. Its horrible.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest, on to this weeks game.

NC State is horrible. 1-3 on the year, with the only win on the year being against Wofford. They like to throw the ball on offense, which should be a great thing for them against a Louisville defense that couldnt stop the pass to save their lives.

Louisville's offense looked a little shaken last week against Syracuse. One thing that I noticed throughout the game is that Brohm never seemed to know which play was being called from the sideline (Another sign of poor coaching) The offense finally came to life late in the game when he was in the hurry up, and taking matters into his own hands.

Now, lets look at the lines. Currently Louisville is a 9 point favorite on the road. The total currently sits at 72.

My advice?

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM BOTH OF THEM.

I think this game could turn into a Louisville blowout, or could be kept close or won by NC State. Could end up anywhere in between. Really, to sum things up, there is no way to tell how Louisville is going to react after such an embarracing loss to Syracuse. My guess is that the offense looks a little better, and defense is just as horrible as it has been. Also think that Total is a little too close to what it could be, so I wouldnt touch it either.

Final Score:

Louisville 41, NC State 35

If I had to guess, I would lean towards NC State with the points, and towards the Over. But, like I said, I suggest not making either play on this game.

Good Luck to everyone this week!

WEBB

I wouldnt go around making guarantees if I were you, lol.

My best friend told us before last week's game, and I quote him "I will bet you my left testicle that Syracuse wont beat us. If that happens, I will take a rusty knife, cut off my ball, and sell it on ebay."

Good thing for him that we did not get that in writing!

And just for the record, for every turnover that NC State has, Louisville will have a 70 yard TD pass thrown over the top of our safeties!!!

I wouldnt go around making guarantees if I were you, lol.

My best friend told us before last week's game, and I quote him "I will bet you my left testicle that Syracuse wont beat us. If that happens, I will take a rusty knife, cut off my ball, and sell it on ebay."

Good thing for him that we did not get that in writing!

And just for the record, for every turnover that NC State has, Louisville will have a 70 yard TD pass thrown over the top of our safeties!!!

dunno bout that. I think a cover is about equally likely either way, but I do think Louisville will win the game.

they have 1 receiver blackmon who can be shut out easily. The rest are pretty young and if the qb can get the ball to them that would be a gret surprise. i think they just can't keep up with the cards.

they can't keep up...and its blackman..

you think watching footabll as a ville fan as hard..try watching it as a state fan...you will see what i mean tomorrow at 3:30...good luck

they can't keep up...and its blackman..

you think watching footabll as a ville fan as hard..try watching it as a state fan...you will see what i mean tomorrow at 3:30...good luck

sorry for the typo baby girl

no problem...just wanted you to know the players names...

good luck what you decide on this one...i would lean towards the ville and the points..how can you not with that defense...or should i say what most teams do us when they are on offense.

Back