Louisville @ Clemson

wizardofodd

Resident Newlywed
no thread yet??

Louisville -2.5 @ Clemson

Thoughts?

I was thinking PK or Clemson-1. But damn, are the Cardinals that good. Guess so!

Should be a great game!

Unreal line. I'm taking the bait on Clemson. Cant wait to see Jackson on the road in Death Valley. If he throws it in my ass I'll tip my hat.

line is only at -2.5 bc its been bet there. im not getting in front of this louisville train right now. this game is gonna be awesome. gotta consider the over though right?

I'll probably be on Clemson, but haven't made up my mind. Betting against Louisville right now is risky business. If you like Clemson, no reason to bet now, maybe see if line goes over 3. If not, no real difference between Clemson +/- 2

line is only at -2.5 bc its been bet there. im not getting in front of this louisville train right now. this game is gonna be awesome. gotta consider the over though right?

yea, initial thought was over, could easily see a 35 35 game. easily!

Getting in front of the way Loui been playing....tough for me. But if it gets higher than this, Clemson ML is gonna have some value

anyone see a total yet? nm. see, 67.5

It was a bad opening number in my opinion. Here's what I have for the game.

Louisville
Clemson
10/1/2016
(Home)

<tbody>
</tbody>

Not sure why they didn't open it PK or Louisville slight favorite. Had to know Louisville money was coming. At the current number they'll get more balanced action. No way was -3 Clemson going to generate even action. Unless they are comfortable with their Clemson position. However if it goes to -3 Louisville, which wouldn't surprise me there's a 6 point swing that you would have been able to get both teams at +3 and + on moneyline. Bad opener. I was surprised with the number.

It's insane to me that Louisville is averaging 9 yds per play. And it's not really skewed because of level of competition since they pulled 8 yds per against FSU. Staying away from this one but can't wait to see it.

@Aaron_Brenner
Clemson has an 18-game winning streak at Death Valley, and its 35-2 home record since 2011 is the best in Division I college football.

As a Clemson fan I can't wait, going to be a war. We haven't had a team come into Death Valley that's this good since that 2013 Winston team. Jackson also hasn't seen a DL this good since he's been the starter. Going to be a rocking atmosphere.

like clemson, and am gonna wait. might be stepping in front of the firing line, but shit, this just seems goofy

@Aaron_Brenner
Clemson has an 18-game winning streak at Death Valley, and its 35-2 home record since 2011 is the best in Division I college football.

As a Clemson fan I can't wait, going to be a war. We haven't had a team come into Death Valley that's this good since that 2013 Winston team. Jackson also hasn't seen a DL this good since he's been the starter. Going to be a rocking atmosphere.

I agree this is a huge step up in class for him. He saw a pretty good DL in the bowl game last year for aTm. 226 rushing 227 passing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSYt-LiEXOQ

Clemson's offense has serious, serious, flaws. Not a lot of faith in them converting 3rd downs at a high %.

<header>@DavidPurdum
</header>Louisville now a 2-point favorite over Clemson @LVSuperBook, which expects line to grow to -3 at some point.

<header>@SportsInsights
</header>#Louisville is currently receiving 68% of spread bets and 67% of spread dollars sportsinsights.com/free-ncaaf-odds

Do we presume this is sharp money or public money moving this line? I know limits are low early in the week and it doesn't take much to move lines.

I'm not an expert on this subject but I would contend that most "public" money comes in the day before or day of the game. If you are betting games on Sunday/Monday/Tues you at least invest a decent amount of time or follow the picks of someone who does. That's my .02 but I really don't know. I know some of the deep pocketed bettors bet the day of because the limits increase so much too.

Dabo is great in these situations. He will get the most out of his team this weekend. I am on Clemson.

I thought it would open pick. I have no problem with it being anywhere from ville -3 to clemson -3 which is a 5 pt swing in real terms.

going to just watch as a fan.

I sort of agree with spek and frank ... there is something just a little bit off with the clemson offense right now .. I think it is explosiveness personally .. but have also seen some mis-communications. Without the big plays, you need to be on the same page often to convert the third downs.

Also, we have some evidence now that FSU defense maybe isn't all that without their best defender. Can point at three games and say .. hey fsu didn't look so good on defense today. So this could be a much greater step up in defense than what some of us are thinking it is. They aren't going to get 8 or 9 yards per play in this game. Not happening ... and if it does, I cannot wait to see ville vs bama in the playoffs.

Just cannot bet against clemson in their house right now when the line is just asking them to win.

gonna be a great game to watch. Lamar reminds me of VY which brings back so many good memories for me (my favorite college athlete ever). Watson almost appears the satisfied veteran right now.

Place is gonna be rocking ............ I couldn't play under but an over at ville -2.5 when you need 68 to reach the number means ville to the over backers need a minimum of 36 to have a shot at it .... tough place to do that ....

Louisville is a fraud, their receivers are athletic BUT can't catch shit. Saw way too many drops against subpar teams.

They haven't played ANYONE on the road, including a night game away in a very hostile environment.

EVERYONE including myself, have talked shit about Clempson thus far, but they DO have the talent on BOTH sides of the ball and a great coach.

Louisville D is not all that great, I expect Watson to come out and have a big performance.

This is a pay to see type game for me. I'll pay to see you take on real competition, real proven QB, real proven Coach, and on the road.

GIMME THE FUCKING POINTS!

Marshall was able to bottle up LV a bit early last week. Jackson was 0-3 and sacked on LV’s first possession. Second possession Jackson ran for 8 and then hit Quick for 71y TD. On their third drive, Jackson was 3 of 5 passing, but netting just –1 yards on 2 rush attempts (missed FG). LV’s fourth drive, Jackson was 1 of 4 passing with an INT. That has to be the worst quarter he’s played all year and LV got just 7 pts.

I believe it was Marshall’s stated goal to force Jackson to throw, get pressure into the backfield yet limit his scrambling and maybe what they were doing bothered Jackson. For the quarter Jackson was just 5 of 13 for 129y – TD – INT passing with 4 rush att for –1 yard (including the sack).

After that LV got all the yards and points they wanted. Marshall D got no support from their O (tr fr backup QB in for Littleton was awful) and honestly, you can’t expect Marshall to keep LV and a player like Jackson bottled up like that too long.

But maybe, just maybe there is something that Clemson can learn from that first quarter Marshall game? Surely Clemson is better equipped.

Sup Clown?

Aplous summed it up perfectly for me if I had to take a side. I will pay to see the Ville do it as a road fave at night in this place

Back