Lot of good teams in ugly road spots this week

raems

Pretty much a regular
Louisville -19

NC State wins what must've been an exhausting, emotional hurricane game against Notre Dame. Then they go into Death Valley as a 20 point dog, play their hearts out, and lose in OT after missing that short kick at the buzzer. Now they have to recover in time for another road game, this time against a certifiably excellent team that has an extra day of prep and also just played its worst game of the season which ensures motivation. You better believe Louisville will want to beat the shit out of these guys to provide some stark, immediate contrast between themselves and how Clemson just beat them.

Alabama -18.5

These guys have hit a rhythm. Little sloppy against Arkansas, cleaned up a lot of it last week. Now a big statement game for them at home imo. I admit that this isn't so much an "ugly spot" for TAMU, I just think they'll be outclassed here. We know they'll fall behind, and when they do, Trevor Knight will either make bad mistakes or continue missing easy throws. TAMU has a pass rush, but are very susceptible against the run which I expect Bama to exploit early. They'll pick up a lead, then will be able to hit big plays in the air once TAMU sells out against the run, then Knight will make mistakes against a defense that is being told about how he beat them in the past, and on and on it'll go. There'll be spots to fade Bama, but this isn't it. Not in a game this big.

Auburn -10

Arkansas off two body blow games at home against Bama and Ole Miss back to back. Bama killed them, but having watched the game Arky fought until the very last second, that was a 60 minute game they cared a lot about and exerted a lot of energy in. The next week same thing except this time they won as a 7 point dog, setting up the type of spot where they exhale. Now they go on the road for a game against a good, rested Auburn team which runs the kind of offense designed to exploit Arky's holes on the Dline. Much better defense too.

LSU -6

Players seem to love Coach O and I expect them to show up in a big game against his former team. LSU has always had the talent, they just needed to be handled right from Sunday-Friday. Don't know if it'll prove to be true, but they have to believe that everything they want is still out there for the taking. Ole Miss just has the feel of a team ready to let go of the rope, Kelly is not a guy I trust to rally the team in time for this one.

Lean Wazu too, but missed the 7 so I'll wait.

Taking good teams as home favs when the line feels uncomfortable to click submit on is usually profitable, would expect this to go 3/4 on Saturday but hey who really knows.

Adding VTech -6 tonight

Miami has lot a lot of steam very quickly. FSU was an extremely physical game, then UNC ran 89 plays on Saturday which is a ton, including 46 pass plays. Asking the Dline's legs to turn around on a short week on the road against a good Vtech offense is too much, any human being would get tired. Granted, VT defended a lot of plays on Saturday but I think being at home off a straight up loss as a 20 point dog with a new coach is motivation enough. Just a really tough spot for Miami, meanwhile VT still playing for their division in the ACC, think they get it done.

Boise 2h -4.5.

They've dominated this first half but it's close thanks to unforced errors. Think that changes here.

TAMU 2h Under 10.5 1.15/1

Bama mistakes right before half suggests some yelling and adjustments at half, better for them it happened now with time to adjust than after the break imo.

P2W, think the corners make a few plays, a few new looks are shown off the bye, and the team is generally well rested off a bye plus the last game was not emotionally intense at all (at Miss St blowout). Just think asking Arky to go to Jordan Hare off two big physical home games is a lot, expect them to eventually let go of the rope.

Adding Texas Tech +9 First Half 1.1/1

Better QB at home with a team that rarely gets primetime games motivated against an OU team that is overpriced off a few consecutive good games. Think it's fiesty start.

Back