Looking into Week 2

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a really nice week 1 based on fading public perception (steelers, Jags fade) and the hype (Titans). Thinking that in Week 2 bettors who lost a lot of money (and a lot of bettors lost big to the books) will overreact by trying to bet the sure thing.

So: Liking the Saints ats. Think this number climbs up towards the touchdown. I love Brees as a dog at home

Jaguars/Titans 1H under:

In the first two weeks of the season dating back to their first season in the NFL (1995), the first-half 'under' is hitting more than 75% of the time for the Jaguars. Dating back to 2016, the first-half 'under' is hitting almost 80% of the time for the Jaguars when they are underdogs.
The Titans' O looked out of rhythm in the preseason and that continued into week 1. The Jags are a run the ball, controll the clock team, while the Titans D have the tools to contain a good rush attack, which i'm not sure i'd even say the Jags have The Jags are conservative on offense and will be all the more so with the loss of Robinson. They don't have the tools to take advantages of the Titans' weakness in the secondary unless Bortles magically returns to his 2015 form. But even if that miraculous improvement in self-confidence and mechanics happens, I still say 1h under

love that you are starting week 2 early thoughts already. I like to get started on that sunday evenings too.

First thoughts:

-not sure the ravens should be 7.5 favs to anyone...their d looked great but that seemed more like Cincy was just out of whack. This Browns team is going to be feisty, I may take them again to hang around

- Zona -7.5 at indy...teasing the hell out of this one. maybe even playing it and laying the points. the colts are a trainwreck. my rule is to not overreact after week 1, but ive been down on the colts all offseason.

-Tennessee -1.5 at Jacksonville will be a popular public play. I don't hate it though.

-New England/New Orleans is gonna have a 60 point total isn't it lol. I feel like that game is going over no matter what

-Tampa Bay -6.5 at home vs da bears could be a good teaser pair with the cards

-Rams might be legit. I think im gonna be ok laying less than a fg with them this week

- Seattle -12.5 is about right, sold teaser leg there.

I think if you want the Titans you better grab them now on the ML. I am anticipating that I will be able to get Jaguars +3.5. Saints +6.5. By the end of the week.

I understand wanting to fade the Colts. But I really try to stay away from Arizona on those 1:00 games. As far as I remember, they have a really bad record in those early games. I like teasing Tampa Bay though at home. Perhaps with Browns. I agree that the Ravens are overrated and haven't shown anything by beating Cincy.

So early leans for me: Saints +6.5 (hopefully) Jags +3.5 (hopefully). Jags/Titans 1H under (24?) And Browns (+14) Bucs (-.5) 6 point teaser.

Think I heard zona has lost like last 8 in the early slot. Might be wrong on number but recall it being quite a few.

Back