LOL - The Brewers just FIRED Ned Yost

Brewers fire Yost, promote 3B coach Sveum as interim manager

ESPN.com news services

<!-- end page tools --> <!-- begin story body --> <!-- template inline -->MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Brewers have fired manager Ned Yost in the midst of a late-season slump that has jeopardized the team's chances of making the playoffs for the first time since 1982.

Third-base coach Dale Sveum will become interim manager for the remainder of the season. Bench coach Ted Simmons was reassigned to an advisory role.

"This was a very difficult move to make, and we appreciate all of the work that Ned has done to develop this team into a contender," executive vice president and general manager, Doug Melvin said in a story on the Brewers' Web site. "In the end, this was a collaborative decision made to put our Club in the best position for the final two weeks of the season."

The Brewers have lost seven of their last 10, and share the NL wild-card lead with Philadelphia.

haha someone posted this in the cubs/astros ingame on sportsline

Yosted (adj.) - A term describing the phenomenon where a team with superior talent squanders opportunities due to the poor decisions of their coach or manager. Example I can't believe the manager had the runner attempt to steal third with two outs in the ninth of a tie game. They got Yosted last night.

Gotta say I like this move from the Phils standpoint

Houstons about to get no hit for the second day in a row so that leaves the Phils fighting it out with the Brewers for the wildcard

given the schedule and the turmoil that must be enveloping milwaukee, I like our chances

and thats assuming the Mets dont finish off the choke job on the division again

This has to be a first right. A manager fired while tied for the Wild Card and only 12 games left? This is real questionable timing. I thought the guy was a good manager but something had to be done. 3-11 in september so far. 2nd year in a row a major collapse just thought this would happen at the end of the season

when i saw this news in class on my blackberry i almost pissed myself laughing in the middle of lecture

right in the hunt for the wild card race, its september baseball, most important month, and they can him, lmao

im sure screwer fans are happy though, who in milwaukee really liked yost?

now when i wager on milwaukee at least i dont have to worry about this fucking idiot mis-managing the pen and sticking with his man-crush on gagne

should of been done a long time ago.

Should have been done at the end of 2007, if they wanted him to go, but 12 games to go?

This was obviously owners' call ("collaborative decision") but the move was so idiotic I have no words for it.

Yost turned this organization around since he arrived and if they didn't want him on board they should have fired him at the end of last season, but definitely not now.

Is it Yosts fault the Brewers don't have a closer? They had Cordero, he went to Cincinnati, then who, Gagne, now Torres, they all choke continuously.

I think this is a terrible decision and no chance in hell does the new coach have remotely enough time to affect anything.

He got Parra out and got Bush back into the rotation, what can he do in 10 games?

Yost should have been fired last year or given the chance to finish this one. Everything else is a joke.

Back