Lloyd Carr to announce retirement

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
Lloyd Carr quits, press conference on Monday

He wasn't even going to wait for them to fire him.

Carr will "retire" on Monday says ESPN.

ESPN reports:

Lloyd Carr expected to announce retirement on monday morning at his 10am news conference.

Les Miles????

Who else are canadates?

Michigan will never beat Ohio State if they hire Les Miles. Sweater vest will eat his lunch and then shit it back into his face every year. Miles routinely has to be stopped by his assistants from trying to call a TO after an incompletion.

heard a rumor les miles just bought a house in michigan last week

Michigan or Ann Arbor.

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but during one of the Mile's pre game interview on friday he was asked about the michigan job. He responded like Nick Saban did when he was coaching in Miami.

Who else would be a candate, Butch Davis or did he just sign a contract extension?

How funny would it be if Miles left LSU and they went back after Saban?

I'm sure they wouldn't because of how much money he got, but to see him bolt Alabama would be as disgusting as it would be hilarious.

Is Michigan bowl eligible?

How funny would it be if Miles left LSU and they went back after Saban?

Is Michigan bowl eligible?

That would be hilarious beyond belief

Michigan is bowl eligible. I wonder why Les Miles would leave he has a good thing at LSU and why would you want to mess that up?

souce isnt too solid but my friend told me tuesday night one of his moms friends was a realator n they sold a house to les miles..... thats all i got

Yes, the Les Mile house rumor is floating around. Just saw another one of them completly elsewhere.

Joe,

This was all set up before the season. Lloyd is an old-school coach with those types of beliefs. He didn't want there to be speculation all season about successors(even though there has been) and wanted pople to concentrate on the student-athletes and the games, not himself. He did it the right way. He goes out with a 6-7 record in "The Game", OVER .750 percentge, 5 big10 titles and a National Championship. Not too bad at all. In fact, for over half of his tenure he was the best big game coach in the country by the numbers. Has the game passed him over? Most likely. The next hire will be Michigans most important ever. They have stayed within the family forever but we'll see whre they go. This is one of the few programs that hasn't went into a major lull for several years. USC. OU, Neb, Miami, FSU etc have all had that issue. Its a testement to Michigan that they have the bowl streak and even with the last 7 years still hold a 57-41 advantage lifetime against the Bucks.

Well, I just wish I could have taken more advantage of Carr than I did this year.

I also hope they play some SEC school in a bowl game, or really anybody on the rise, and get beaten like a drum like usual.

Frankly I'm still bitter about the USC/Michigan game from last year. That was just me underestimating what a poor coach Carr is.

Michigan job would be good for anyone to have. You have a good QB for the future and defense is only going to get better.

Michigan vs. Boise St.???

I wonder what would happen?

I've caught a few minutes of ESPN radio in the morning this week--ugh, office work--and Cowherd has been banging the 'why Michigan is better for Les Miles than LSU' drum all week, maybe longer.

The argument makes sense, and it's that all jobs are relative, and for a guy like Miles who is supposedly a northern guy, for him and his family a school like Michigan is better than a school like LSU based on the town and the quality of life in that region for that particular family. Conversely, a school like LSU would be far better for a Spurrier than a school like Michigan based on who he is, where he's from, and where his family would fare better.

Back