Liverpool at Aston Villa

JonStarks

Pretty much a regular
My first ever play posted on CTG. It is an honor.

Liverpool vs Aston Villa Over 2.5 goals (-150)

I personally think this is the best soccer play of the weekend. These are two teams with weak defenses, solid goal scoring threats, and two teams that both have something to play for. Liverpool is chasing the final Champions League spot. I highly doubt they can do it, but they will give it everything they have. That mostly means they will continue to focus on attacking and trying to score goals. They need the 3 points. Aston Villa is in a similar spot. They are one spot above the relegation zone. Hence, they need the 3 points, especially at home, very badly. Villa will also be in attack mode looking to score goals.

4 of the last 5 Aston Villa home games have gone over 2.5 goals. 4 of the last 5 Liverpool away games have gone over 2.5 goals. 12 out of 15 Liverpool away games have gone over 2.5 goals this year. 7 out of 15 home games have gone over for Aston Villa, but since they have gotten closer to relegation, you can feel Aston Villa has focused way more on attacking and trying to score. That is evident in their recent performances.

Good luck with whatever you guys play this weekend.

GL with the play.
I'm not for it as the price is pretty crappy.
Villa has not focused on attacking because the opportunity has presented itself with the teams they have recently played. If they play against a team that can boss the midfield, Villa are screwed, players are a bit soft on Villa's side.
When you play vs QPR, Reading, Wigan you're bound to score for the most part.
If this game was at Anfield I"d be more than happy to play the over because Villa have a tendency to take a lead and then piss it away, this has happened numerous of times.
The defence is what is causing a ton of errors.
What do you say about the game vs Man City? That one error screwed it up for Villa where they would of had the opportunity to collect all 3 points.
Desperate teams can also mean they will be more nervy.
As you mentioned both need the points for their their current league ambitions but don't forget that games at Villa Park between the two have been
very tight, now the teams are definitely much different, but for this to go over you would want Liverpool to score first as you can then rely on the crowd
to rally the Villa players to push through.

If you have an option for in game, I think that would be the better outlook as you can get a feel of the game when watching!

an_cheers.gif
like it also. Guzan in good form for Villa but coming back from altitude of Denver and Mexico City to play in a league game might be due for a letdown.

GL with the play.
I'm not for it as the price is pretty crappy.
Villa has not focused on attacking because the opportunity has presented itself with the teams they have recently played. If they play against a team that can boss the midfield, Villa are screwed, players are a bit soft on Villa's side.
When you play vs QPR, Reading, Wigan you're bound to score for the most part.
If this game was at Anfield I"d be more than happy to play the over because Villa have a tendency to take a lead and then piss it away, this has happened numerous of times.
The defence is what is causing a ton of errors.
What do you say about the game vs Man City? That one error screwed it up for Villa where they would of had the opportunity to collect all 3 points.
Desperate teams can also mean they will be more nervy.
As you mentioned both need the points for their their current league ambitions but don't forget that games at Villa Park between the two have been
very tight, now the teams are definitely much different, but for this to go over you would want Liverpool to score first as you can then rely on the crowd
to rally the Villa players to push through.

If you have an option for in game, I think that would be the better outlook as you can get a feel of the game when watching!

I do not expect Villa to be intimidated by Liverpool at all. I think they are aware that Liverpool's defense has been leaky on the road, and therefore I think Villa will be confident in their chances of finding the back of the net. If this game was at Pool, I may be a little nervous about the Over because I think Liverpool could go up 2-0 and sit on the lead. In my opinion, all I need is Villa to score 1. If they score 1, I think this over certainly hits.

You are right, the games between Liverpool and Villa at Villa Park have been very cagey and tight. I personally see this one being more open. And to be honest, I rather have Villa score first. If Villa scores first, Liverpool makes the game wide open and goes full out attack, which would lead them open to the counter.

What do I say about the game vs Man City? I would say...playing "overs" in Man City games this year makes zero sense. They have been playing very good defense while their offense has been completely missing. Mostly due to Aguero injury concerns and Balotelli leaving. I don't think the Man City game is a good guideline for this game. Man City has a better defense and a worse offense than Liverpool. Just my opinion of course.

I do not play in-games since my book does not offer them. I will literally be sitting in front of my computer...watching Flashscore like a watchdog...praying I see the orange light flash many times!

I think Liverpool wins this game 2-1 or 3-2, but their road form has been so sketchy, who knows.

an_cheers.gif
like it also. Guzan in good form for Villa but coming back from altitude of Denver and Mexico City to play in a league game might be due for a letdown.

Beer glass pound right back at ya!

Guzan's form has been terrific, but that Villa defense is sooo poor....I think Suarez finds the net once or twice.

I do not expect Villa to be intimidated by Liverpool at all. I think they are aware that Liverpool's defense has been leaky on the road, and therefore I think Villa will be confident in their chances of finding the back of the net. If this game was at Pool, I may be a little nervous about the Over because I think Liverpool could go up 2-0 and sit on the lead. In my opinion, all I need is Villa to score 1. If they score 1, I think this over certainly hits.

You are right, the games between Liverpool and Villa at Villa Park have been very cagey and tight. I personally see this one being more open. And to be honest, I rather have Villa score first. If Villa scores first, Liverpool makes the game wide open and goes full out attack, which would lead them open to the counter.

What do I say about the game vs Man City? I would say...playing "overs" in Man City games this year makes zero sense. They have been playing very good defense while their offense has been completely missing. Mostly due to Aguero injury concerns and Balotelli leaving. I don't think the Man City game is a good guideline for this game. Man City has a better defense and a worse offense than Liverpool. Just my opinion of course.

I do not play in-games since my book does not offer them. I will literally be sitting in front of my computer...watching Flashscore like a watchdog...praying I see the orange light flash many times!

I think Liverpool wins this game 2-1 or 3-2, but their road form has been so sketchy, who knows.

I'm a Villan fan so I am hoping for a 2-1 Villa win ;-)
Either way I really think this game will see someone win, the draw should be thrown out the window as it doesn't really do any good for either team based on their current situation.

GL

Judgement day has arrived. The results yesterday make me like this bet even more. With Wigan winning, Villa is back in the relegation zone and needs the 3 pts. With Chelsea losing, Liverpool can gain make up some crucial ground in their chase to qualify for Champions League.

My gut tells me Villa cracks under the pressure today and Pool puts together a rare good showing on the road. 3-2 Liverpool.

I'm on the Over 2.5 (-145). 435 to win 300.

Good luck today.

Back