LIVE NFL Draft Simulation (CTG Style)

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
with the draft right around the corner, I wanted to see if we can get a consensus going for each pick/team for Round 1 of the draft.... just to see how we do...

not sure how well this is going to pan out since there may be alot of people who are not online right now, but let's give it a go anyway...

if nobody is here to post or to help out on a certain pick (which will probably happen), then fuck it, I'll just throw out the next player that I think makes sense for that pick/team...

I'll put a team on the clock for 5 minutes (yes, this is going to take awhile.. lol)... but hopefully in 5 minutes we can build a consensus as to what the pick will be... We'll have everyone trying to figure out what each team wants or needs (assuming there are no trades of course)..

okay... let's do this....

1. Miami Dolphins - Jake Long

see, the first one has already been done for us.. hehe...

Official Starting time: 4pm est. time.

I'll put the Rams on the clock at exactly 4 pm est time to give people time to get in here and read what's going on... hopefully that will be enough time to get things going...

it should be fun trying to figure these out.

I can't see the Rams going anywhere besides Dorsey with this pick. They've swung and missed a lot of times over the years at this position, but you gotta keep on trying. When this kid is healthy, he is a beast. The only other option I see that is viable is a trade down...

But I say Dorsey to the Rams.

I sure as hell don't hope we trade up for that #2 pick. As much as I love Dorsey and him staying in LA would be great but fuck... JAMMAL BROWN and who knows what else would be involved?

I'll try to participate, but I'm warning you, Rex, if Sean Payton pulls a Ditka and gives up everything for Dorsey, I'm going to the closest bar and getting hammered.

I think Long would be the best pick since Carricker is the DT there and they can then get a good balance with Long and Carricker however they will probably take Dorsey.

here's the posting order...

2. St. Louis Rams
3. Atlanta Falcons
4. Oakland Raiders
5. Kansas City Chiefs
6. New York Jets
7. New England Patriots
8. Baltimore Ravens
9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. New Orleans Saints
11. Buffalo Bills
12. Denver Broncos
13. Carolina Panthers
14. Chicago Bears
15. Detroit Lions
16. Arizona Cardinals
17. Kansas City Chiefs
18. Houston Texans
19. Philadelphia Eagles
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
21. Washington Redskins
22. Dallas Cowboys
23. Pittsburgh Steelers
24. Tennessee Titans
25. Seattle Seahawks
26. Jacksonville Jaguars
27. San Diego Chargers
28. Dallas Cowboys
29. San Francisco 49ers
30. Green Bay Packers
31. New York Giants

im just not sold on the Rams wanting Dorsey, It feels like they are trying to drive up the price as much as possible and bait someone into trading up.

^^
That was supposed to be for Atlanta

Oakland
Vernon Gholston, DE, tOSU

and with the 4th OVERALL PICK

the Oakland Raiders take...

Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

updated:

1. Miami Dolphins - Jake Long
2. St. Louis Rams - Chris Long

3. Atlanta Falcons - Glenn Dorsey
4. Oakland Raiders - Darren McFadden

if that's the case...Ryan will be a possibity or you may see a trade down w/ CAR coming up to get Ryan..

Jets are fucked if it goes this way...

Back