Live from Nashville (Auburn at Vandy)

Streakin

Pretty much a regular
Had to get a discussion going early on this game. The city is so pumped up here already for ESPN Gameday to be in Nashville at Vandy.

Auburn looked pathetic in the 2nd half against the Vols, but I was impressed with their play against LSU (until the end that is).

I have no ties to either school, but I am thinking that Vandy will come out with everything they have in this one and with some serious emotion. Vandy coming off a buy, and Auburn off a much needed, but barely won game against UT.

Just worried about Auburn wearing the dores down. Curious to hear any thoughts on this one from you guys.
:cheers:

Guess no one is interested in this game. Oh well, for what it's worth,

Vandy +4.5 (-110) is my play.

Low scoring affair IMO, with a pumped home team. The biggest game for Vandy in my lifetime (27 years).

Good luck to all.

Dont know much about Vandy yet but I do know that Auburn is not nearly as good as advertised. Of course, everyone is starting to understand that now. I would expect Auburn to try and control the clock and the ball.
If they do that your +4.5 still looks good. If Vandy doesnt beat themselves they have a real shot at the SU W here. Good Luck!

Enjoy the Gameday Experience you folks deserve it!

Dont know much about Vandy yet but I do know that Auburn is not nearly as good as advertised. Of course, everyone is starting to understand that now. I would expect Auburn to try and control the clock and the ball.
If they do that your +4.5 still looks good. If Vandy doesnt beat themselves they have a real shot at the SU W here. Good Luck!

Enjoy the Gameday Experience you folks deserve it!

Thanks. I am not a Vandy fan, but I can't wait for the party here in Nashvegas. May take a shot at the ML. Good luck this weekend.
:shake:

Im totally w/ ya here. Lovin Vandy big time......they are solid all around and Auburn totally plays to their competition. Love the +4.5 and maybe some ML.

Vandy is near the bottom of the SEC in both total offense and total defense, but, they are 4-0 because they lead in takeaways.

Auburn will be running more I and two tight end sets this week looking to pound the ball and work the play action game. Franklin and tubs have decided the spread isnt going to be a sucess this year and it looks like they will be doing alittle of everything(spread included). I can't imagine our offense can look much worse. I'm really trying to figure out how a offense that managed 200 yards against Ole Miss will move the ball on Auburn though. I really wish the Auburn coaching staff would just put Burns in and run some read option and see what would happen. This being said if Auburn scores 17 and doesn't give away any pick sixes, they cover. The under looks like a great play.

Go Tigers

I agree with the guy before me, I am a true Auburn Fan, I take pictures at some of the scrimmages and such on the field. This team has some amazing talent, but no one is playing up to the hype. I don't ever bet on Auburn games because they are too inconsistent. My advice to everyone is to lay off. Auburn has the weapons and ability to blow this game up. But that being said they also have the ability to get stomped. This game is too close for me to call. Auburn's defense is fast and stingy. But as everyone knows the offense has yet to do anything. Their are drives of every game where I have thought, "Where in the world did that come from" and then there are drives that take me back to the days of Mazzone as the OC, (All the swing passes) The zone read runs are not going to work every down like Franklin seems to think, and more than that Todd seems to be throwing the ball like a girl, he has no zip at all on his throws. I think the defense may get a TD and the Offense may get a couple of FG's but I suspect this will be low scoring, unless AU decides to play Offense, Lester and all the other injured players will be back this weekend at Vandy. I think its going to be close so if I had to choose, I say take Vandy + the points. I am laying off.

Like Auburn here; Vandy is last in both total offense and total defense in the SEC; wait till they actually LOSE the turnover battle, which should be this week. Don't like the situation, but the fact GameDay is there actually helps Auburn IMO. This house of cards comes tumbling down this weekend.

I agree with the guy before me, I am a true Auburn Fan, I take pictures at some of the scrimmages and such on the field. This team has some amazing talent, but no one is playing up to the hype. I don't ever bet on Auburn games because they are too inconsistent. My advice to everyone is to lay off. Auburn has the weapons and ability to blow this game up. But that being said they also have the ability to get stomped. This game is too close for me to call. Auburn's defense is fast and stingy. But as everyone knows the offense has yet to do anything. Their are drives of every game where I have thought, "Where in the world did that come from" and then there are drives that take me back to the days of Mazzone as the OC, (All the swing passes) The zone read runs are not going to work every down like Franklin seems to think, and more than that Todd seems to be throwing the ball like a girl, he has no zip at all on his throws. I think the defense may get a TD and the Offense may get a couple of FG's but I suspect this will be low scoring, unless AU decides to play Offense, Lester and all the other injured players will be back this weekend at Vandy. I think its going to be close so if I had to choose, I say take Vandy + the points. I am laying off.

Keep giving us the insight..awesome first post.

Obviously Auburn has more skill and talent. But I believe there is a reason they are winning the TO battle. Some teams take care of the rock and some dont.....being a team that doesnt turn it over, playing at home at night, that means a lot.

Every year there is a team or 2 that doesnt have the most talent (maybe KU last year?), doesnt turn the ball over, and doesnt get hit w/ any big injuries, and they end up having a great year, before falling back to earth next year....Vandy is that team this year.

Bryan Matthews
AuburnSports.com Publisher
<SCRIPT language=javascript>document.write("<div id=contentcontainer style='font-size: " + currentsize + "pt;'>");</SCRIPT>
Auburn's offense has undergone a lot of changes this week.

But exactly what changes and to what degree the spread offense has been mothballed won't be known until the 13th-ranked Tigers take the field against No. 19 Vanderbilt Saturday.

We've got a good game plan in," AU head coach Tommy Tuberville said. "Made a lot of changes. I think all the guys are excited on both sides of the ball."

After producing just three offensive touchdowns in its first three SEC games, Tuberville said the offense has undergone personnel and scheme changes this week.

"We're moving people around, trying to find out what we can do more consistently than anything else," he said.

"We want to play faster on offense. We've got to get that tempo and speed on offense. Quit worrying about making mistakes and go attack and get it done."

The changes actually started a couple of weeks ago when AU ran some two-back sets and moved the quarterback under center for some snaps against LSU. They added more against Tennessee last weekend including a Wildcat formation with Mario Fannin at quarterback.

"Each week we'll look at depending on what the other team does on defense, whether we think two-backs would be better for us 30-40 percent of the time, or we'll run 90 percent spread," Tuberville said. "It just depends on what they do and personnel.

"I think what we're doing putting a little two-back, one-back, underneath the center, two tight ends, helps the spread. It makes them work on something else and takes the working time away from the meat and potatoes of what we really want to do."

Quick-hitters:

*** Tuberville said both h-back John Douglas and wide receiver James Swinton were ready to play this week. Douglas hasn't played since injuring his knee in week one. Swinton has seen very limited action since his opening game knee injury.

"(Douglas) has practiced the last two or three weeks," Tuberville said. "When guys get hurt it's hard to work back in there when you lose that spot. James Swinton is the same. He was starting and the first play of the game he was hurt. It's hard to work back into the rotation. They're working them both in."

*** Vandy leads the SEC with a +9 turnover margin making ball security an emphasis in practices this week.

"You really want to emphasize holding on and keeping it high and tight and keeping your concentration," Tuberville said.

*** Auburn wrapped up practice with a 90-minute workout Thursday morning.

"This, I think, has been one of our better weeks of focus and intensity and preparation," Tuberville said. "Guys were flying around today.

"It's been fun to watch us bounce back and win a big game like we won last week and have a little positive things happen in practice. Everybody's ready to go, healthy."

*** No. 13 Auburn plays at No. 19 Vanderbilt Saturday at 5 p.m. CT. ESPN will carry the game live. ESPN's College Gameday will be broadcasting for the first time from Nashville.
</ST1:place>

Back