Little League World Series --- Wagers/Tips/Discussion

L8kersFan74

Pretty much a regular
One of my favorite sporting events to wager on is back this year after Covid sidelined the tourney last year. Still though, not back to "full normal" as there are no international teams this year. We won't get to see the great teams from Japan, S. Korea, Curacao, etc..... Thus, two teams from each region advanced to the LLWS this year instead of just the traditional winner from each region.

Starts up at 1PM Eastern today with the favorite to win it all, Hawaii. They've had great teams in recent years. I watched a lot of the regionals and the eye test told me Hawaii and Louisiana are the best two teams (from what I saw). I did watch a lot of the Southwest and West regions and watching some of the others, but, not near as much outside of those two.

Should be fun! If anybody has any tips, thoughts, "inside info" on their local teams that are in it, please share with us in here. Enjoy and good luck, fellas!

Those WC times?

I'd never bet against Hawaii, they've turned in to a LL machine

I'm Mountain time, KJ.

The screenshot with the odds for today's games are my local time.

Hawaii looked great in the regional, but, not as dominant as the team a couple years ago.

Reactions: KJ
I'm Mountain time, KJ.

The screenshot with the odds for today's games are my local time.

Hawaii looked great in the regional, but, not as dominant as the team a couple years ago.
I get confused because I too am Mountain time but on Pacific time most of the year

That whole MST vs MDT means something but I still get lost

Didn't post anything first two days, just played all the dogs though based on what I remember from previous years. Worked out pretty nicely, quite a few +200 to +300 dogs hit.

Gonna take a stab today with a couple teams that lost on Thursday that I was a bit high on coming into the LLWS, based on what I saw in regionals.

Tennessee (-145), 4.35 units to win 3 units

Louisiana (-115), 3.45 units to win 3 units

1-1, -1.35 units YTD

Been slacking on these last few days... Tennessee was a major disappointment. Dogs are still the way to go in the first 5-6 days of the tourney (aside from dominant teams like Hawaii) before the pretenders are weeded out.

Today things get serious. Not a bad team left in this tourney. Riding with Texas, Cali, and the dominant Hawaii team (not sure why line is so low, but, gotta gotta gotta take it).

In the Cali/S. Dakota game, I am aware Gavin Weir gets the nod today for the boys from S. Dakota, but, they don't hit much and this will be the best offensive team he's seen all year. If he shuts em down, I'm ok with him taking my money.

8/25

Texas (-225), 6.75 to win 3 units

California (+145), 3 to win 4.35

Hawaii (-170), 8.5 to win 5

True. I agree. Think I may just tail that on all 4 games... Hawaii under is scary though lol
U8 in Cal/SD is juice at -240 for me, hard to jump on that but might anyway depending how the first games go, it has 2-1, 3-2 written all over it

Agree on Hawaii but looks like a couple good pitchers, not sure if Hawaii really cares about that though lol

U8 in Cal/SD is juice at -240 for me, hard to jump on that but might anyway depending how the first games go, it has 2-1, 3-2 written all over it

Agree on Hawaii but looks like a couple good pitchers, not sure if Hawaii really cares about that though lol
Like I said earlier....... NEVER EVER EVER DOUBT THIS KID GAVIN WEIR! (I didn't...he took my money on that one)

Thanks to KJ though, I took the under (got it at -180 when they dropped it to 7.5) as well for 3 units. So that cancels out the Cali loss.

Admittedly, been a bit lucky today. Played under first game (OH vs NH), won easy. Passed on the under second game (NE vs TX), serious juice to the over scared me away and it worked out, thankfully.

Now the big one....... LET'S GO HAWAII!!!!!

Like I said earlier....... NEVER EVER EVER DOUBT THIS KID GAVIN WEIR! (I didn't...he took my money on that one)

Thanks to KJ though, I took the under (got it at -180 when they dropped it to 7.5) as well for 3 units. So that cancels out the Cali loss.

Admittedly, been a bit lucky today. Played under first game (OH vs NH), won easy. Passed on the under second game (NE vs TX), serious juice to the over scared me away and it worked out, thankfully.

Now the big one....... LET'S GO HAWAII!!!!!
That first game was far from easy considering the 3 run HR in the bottom of the 6th then single so tying run was on 1st with a kid that's a toothpick on the mound. Was just waiting for that ridiculous beat considering it was 2-0 going into the top of the 6th and finished 4-3 with under at 8.5.

But fear not! The next game delivered with under 8.5 and 2-0 going to the bottom of the 5th...then the 8 run b5th to run rule was ridiculous.

That's true. Forgot about the 6th inning. Was easy until the end..... Was busy working and trying to catch a few seconds here n there in the last 3 innings. Then when I had a few minutes I did sweat that out in the entirety of the 6th inning. Maybe it's the beers I had at Hooters a lil while ago that helped me forget it lol

Yeah that Texas game got ugly in the end. I was very fortunate to lay off of that one. I thought it was gonna end 5-0, was at Hooters shooting the shit not paying attention, looked back and it was 10-0. Nebraska pitching took a huge fall after the main kid.

PUMPED for this game tonight! Hopefully the boys from Hawaii come through.

@KJ What did you think of the strategy to leave Weir in after 65 pitches, which means he can't pitch again the rest of the LLWS (barring the championship getting pushed to Monday due to weather), with 2 outs in the 5th?

Personally, I would've pulled him and loved to have him for Sunday if that's my team. I think when the coach was walking back to the dugout the parents were asking him "why" and he looked up and said something to the parents.

This is where strategy steps in, do you save the other ace for Sunday and try to win Friday with others knowing you'd have him Saturday if you lose and have to play a rubber match or just go for the jugular Friday then pitch by committee in the ship?

I'd save the stud of all studs for Sunday, hoping we can just get there. It seems like an easy decision to me because you're playing to win the whole thing, not take 2nd or 3rd, etc. I think my best opportunity to do that is saving him for Sunday instead of just deleting him outta the equation.

Especially when you only need 4 more outs to get through today... Two outs, nobody on in the 5th, get me one out there, then my other kid really only needs one clean full inning in the 6th and then you still have that stud for Sunday.

I'd save the stud of all studs for Sunday, hoping we can just get there. It seems like an easy decision to me because you're playing to win the whole thing, not take 2nd or 3rd, etc. I think my best opportunity to do that is saving him for Sunday instead of just deleting him outta the equation.
I get that but just saying what you do now knowing he's not available. The other kid isn't much lesser a pitcher than Weir really.

Not saying necessarily use the #2 kid there... Maybe go with the #3 kid, keep #2 (Maddux Munson) for next game. But, maybe #3 kid is trash. It's tough, either way.

Reactions: KJ
Back