Little help from stats guys here...

IvyinBarondise

Pretty much a regular
Has any NBA MVP ever led the league in missed FG's and Turnovers? If not...who was closest... and how many MVP's were outside the top 100 in FG%?

Harden is 35th in the NBA in effective FG%, a better indicator for him and his high propensity of taking 3's. If you measure true shooting % (includes free throw shooting) he ranks in the top 10.

Harden is 35th in the NBA in effective FG%, a better indicator for him and his high propensity of taking 3's. If you measure true shooting % (includes free throw shooting) he ranks in the top 10.

I'm not really too concerned with Harden's qualifications in pure offense though...

But he's averaging more turnovers and less steals in more minutes then Curry. His PER is outside the top 5 in the league. His eff% isn't even best on his team. And his defense isn't off the charts either. His team will probably end the regular season 10 games behind GSW, so I don't see how they're co-favorites right now. Curry is the best player on the best team, and that's how dirk won it. Cleveland's back up to 4th in the power rankings so I doubt we could count out Lebron either. And we see the impact Durant has every time he cant suit up.

Well the year Iverson won MVP he finished outside the top 10 in turnovers only because missed 11 games but nobody was catching Stackhouse that season in TO' s...he averaged 5 a game lol. Jordan probably next closest since despite being a Good fg% guy just took an enormous amount of shots so lead the league in misses several times and also lead the league in TO' s once or twice but not during his MVP seasons.

Agree Curry more deserving of MVP. Going to suck for Golden State though if OKC finishes as the 8 seed.

If not Harden or Curry...and not talking about Durant or James....

gotta talk about Davis over all others
while yes in the conversation not so sure above others...why above Aldridge?

btw- great topic to discuss, so many variables..

Davis's PER is historically good...He's the only reason his team is even sniffing the 8th spot in the west. They'd be Philly without him

Back