List your week 2 TRAP game in here.....

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
I feel like Im reading and hearing a lot of people saying that 'this' game and 'that' game are traps...I'm really just curious to get a concensus of what games people are thinking fall into this category....I think the three im hearing most are: Oregon, Boise, and TCU......

I guess what I'm really interested to read here are what games are these 'traps' and why are we constituting them as such?

I don't consider traps aheavily till after first 3-4 weeks..then things get murky..

I think both the Texas-UM games could be though...but wouldn;t be suprised by either road team covering either...feel like linesmakers angled a few carrots out there

Hile,
I have a few- Sfla obvious, but one not many are talking about is the BC-NCST game- big line (14.5) here B/C of Matt Ryan and offense last week- One note- former coaches know there former players- Alot of BC kids still pissed about Coach leaving, but at the same time he knows both tendencies, stregnths and weaknesses. Remember the TB- Oak Super Bowl. I remember Brooks and Sapp saying they knew exactly what Gannon would do before the snap. A little intel goes along way in game planning. I think this NCST line may be one like that, where BC wins, but closer than anticipated.
Just some thoughts-
BOL

BAR i created a post at covers circa 4 years ago i believe about how there is no such thing as a trap, but after time has passed, ive decided people are still gonna say it, and theres nothign i can do about it just accept it....

clearly, vegas is gonna set a line...and they want 50/50 on EVERY LINE....they are not trying to lure anyone to load one side of a bet (take tonite for example, wasnt like 80 of public on rutgers...if vegas is setting a trap here, they fuckin fail miserably...and weshould know there smarter then that...

so what im asking is what are peoples angles on why they think a game on this weeks card is set up to favor heavy action on one side?

Iowa -22 - while the Cuse is absolutely terrible, my Hawkeyes didn't look all that sharp last week against an absolutely mediocre NIU team. Not mention, Iowa is 2-8 on DD spreads since last year. Unless receivers start catching the ball out of the blue, nothing changes. Jake's numbers were bad b/c of drops and it was the same corps (sans Chandler) from last year. I could see this be in the bag after 3 quarters and 2 garbage td's moosing it. Ferentz won't run it up and doesn't want to show more than he has to.

My two cents.

You've been drinking again, haven't you?:13_4_10:

Or wait...Can't remember your post from earlier today. Do you think Miami covers?

I think Miami's got about a 30% chance to win SU. Their offense is bad, MN's defense is bad...MN offense not good, Miami defense not bad.

Go figure this one out...

California ,Off a Big Revenge win last week .Im hoping for a let down on the road against a decent colorado state team ,Getting some big points

Back