Lions wr roy williams traded to the cowboys!!

Unfortunately Roy Williams doesnt play defense...

Err...well...that Roy Williams doesnt play defense...

Im gonna put the countdown on the inevitable TO Im Not Getting the Ball Enough Meltdown at 3 weeks

3 weeks seems like a good timetable...right after brad johnson loses at NYG and targets williams 10 times to Owens 4 times...

should be fun!

for a 1st, a 3rd and a 6th round pick

WOW!! Thats alot for a Millen pick. Calvin Johnson I could understand, but a 1st, 3rd and a 6th!! The most I would have offered is a 3rd and a 5th/6th.

Let the TO saga continue

and a 7th round!!

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have acquired wide receiver Roy Williams from the Detroit Lions.
The Cowboys on Tuesday traded a first-round pick in 2009, plus a third- and sixth-rounder that year for Williams and a seventh-round pick in '09.
Williams' best season was 2006, when he went to the Pro Bowl after catching 82 passes for 1,310 yards and seven touchdowns. He has 17 catches for 232 yards and a score this season for the winless Lions.
The fifth-year receiver was drafted in the first round by Detroit out of the University of Texas. He has 262 career catches for 3,884 yards with 29 touchdowns.

as a lions fan i couldn't be happier with this trade.. the guy was leaving at the end of the season, we got way more than we deserved in return for him. I wouldve been happy for just a 2nd rounder.

And to counter this move, the Eagles sign....Tracy White! Yeah, I dont know who he is either, but they cut Tony Hunt to do it...

:whip:

This is NOT what Dallas fans needed... lol. Celebrating... nothing.

You just traded away future talent with those picks. That 1st rounder aint going to be half bad after you continue to get smoked week after week. a 3rd and 6th too? That's just depth.

Inconsistent WR2 play has not been a problem...

Poor defense, bad o-line, bad coach, wuss o-coordinator and a QB who can never win 3 games in a row because he's just too mistake oriented...

I'm sorry.

Megatron just vaulted up the fantasy WR value board.

Cha Ching

Eh not so much...Kitna to IR...

the lions are beyond brutal

hed be wise to have a hamstring injury and avoid serious injury...i mean whats the point...just sit down the rest of the year and get a year closer to free agency and leaving that hellhole

You guys are crazy with this poor defense in Dallas commentary week after week . They may not be Top 10 defense but they arent far behind . Jus how do you grade a defense ? Injuries to Williams , Watkins and Newman with PacMan coming back after a year off doesnt play a factor ? Playing some of the best passing attacks and none of them can say they had great success . Not Philly , not GB , not Arizona. How is that NYG got abused yesterday vs a Browns offense who never punted and somehow Dallas defense has played worse in 2008 ? Dallas lost @ Arizona because of defense ? I'll agree for the most part an unecessary deal with Miles Austin really impressing me week after week .

The issues for Dallas are coaching , mistakes as in turnovers and penalties but special teams as well , OL play to many times Romo has no time , and to be honest Romo 's laid back attittude to protecting the ball . Brad Johnson will be just fine with Dallas . Not the same ability to wing it deep like Romo but watch how Dallas can move the chains evert drive with a guy just making the throws and running the ball .

Hands down IMO the greatest talent ever assembled on offense if Tony Romo can understand the old phrase stay within yourself . The OL has to improve though and the OL is a much bigger issue then the Boys defense .

Every week people keep saying the defense the defense . Who is scoring with ease on this team ? When is it happening because I am missing it .

Keep talking about the Dal secondary and well you think the Bears secondary is better explain to be the opposing offenses with lesser resumes then Dal has faced putting up big days vs them??

This trade makes TO better . Having Williams opposite him will allow him to get single coverage more often and its pick your poison. No reason why TO cant avg 7 or 8 catches 80-100 yds a game for the rest of the year. Dallas should score 35 every week no problem with that offense . Plus TO is gonna respect Roy WIlliams more then the typical WR because he isnt some no name player .

More importantly it energizes a team who was feeling blue at 4-2 and losing its QB .

did safety Roy williams injury really hurt the cowboys that much?? he can hit hard, that doesnt make him good

all i remember is him being burned by santana moss 100's of times

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

i believe you are referring to the game in which BURNELL hit moss twice in the final 5 minutes of the game and the skins won by a point

it was either 05 or 06, what a game that was.

the skins had NO POINTS till the final 5 minutes of the game.....
that was a great one.

Dallas defense is a freaking joke. They should all be ashamed.
2 of the starters are from LSU and I have been majorly disappointed.
Rattle off the names on that defense and explain how they are not Top 3 in league.
One of the most talented and probably the worst cohesiveness in league.
You can not defend the Cowboys defense they are underachievers period.

Sportsnut hit all the points right on. This is a real shot in the arm for a team that was starting to collect doubts.

stupid move

cowboys should have took the raiders offer

2nd rd pick (like a low 1st rd pick)
Michael Bush

and a defensive of player or late rd pick

is it me or is this way too much to give up. but i guess its the cowboys. and i don't understand how you can say this is the greatest collection of talent on offense when the patriots had more talent last year simply because their oline was better and brady is better than romo. so at the two most important offensive positions the patriots had more talent. of course coaching is a problem with this team but when wade phillips is gone is jason garrett really the answer they need. lets follow another players coach with another one. but the major problem with the cowboys that is always overlooked is that their roster lacks depth.

Dallas defense is a freaking joke. They should all be ashamed.
2 of the starters are from LSU and I have been majorly disappointed.
Rattle off the names on that defense and explain how they are not Top 3 in league.
One of the most talented and probably the worst cohesiveness in league.
You can not defend the Cowboys defense they are underachievers period.

Agree P&G underachievers no doubt but they are far from poor . I agree what should be very good is slightily better then average . I just take exception to them being called bad defensively or seeing the defense as an issue . The held a supposed great offense to nothing but punts for the entire 1st H on the road and really nothing production wise outside of the 3rd Q which you can blame on momentum and ZONA making plays then DAL defense......

did safety Roy williams injury really hurt the cowboys that much?? he can hit hard, that doesnt make him good

The whole world knows Williams cant cover anyone is pass defense and is overrated because he is only able to stuff the run . Problem is Watkins replaced him and he got hurt . So Williams replacement has been out since I guess sometime in the Wash game . So your down to option #3 at the position .

Then factor in Newman playing hurt and now out along with Adam pac Man Jones missing a year and not at the same level he was .

So you have your 3rd option at SS and have your nickel back starting putting Mike JEnkins or whoever in PacMans place .

You think thats a dropoff now ?

That terrible Dallas defense allows on 300yds a game (tad under 213 in the air and 87.5 on the ground ) .

Now factor in playing very solid offenses @ GB and @ Arizona . Plus home games vs Philly , Wash and Cincy ....They have faced good competition and would imagine being 10th overall in yards allowed is not a false indicator if we looked at the schedule of the defenses rathed higher

One of the best front office moves for Detroit in recent memory.

Instead of just basically losing him we now get three extra picks next year..LMAO

Instead of just basically losing him we now get three extra picks next year..LMAO

Problem is, Detroit can't draft for shit. Now, Mayhew will become GM, great..just what they need..another Millen guy.

Detroit will find a way to fuck it up, they ALWAYS do.

:shake: You hit the nail on the head. They were gonna lose him anyways, might as well get something for him. And fuck, 3 picks including a 1st rounder??!!! That's a steal for the Lions.

TO is done. It's Roy's team now.

Apparently...

$9 MILLION PER YEAR FOR WILLIAMS

Posted by Mike Florio on October 15, 2008, 9:53 a.m.

The Dallas Cowboys, undoubtedly conscious of the fact that Terrell Owens received a three-year extension worth $9 million per year, will be paying wideout Roy Williams at the same rate.

Per Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Williams’ five-year extension with his new team is worth $45 million. The contract also includes $20 million in guaranteed money.

But while the Cowboys were careful not to pay Williams more per year than T.O., Williams still got a better contract, with $7 million more in guaranteed money and a longer overall term.

And remember that we’re talking about T.O. The fact that another player — a lesser player, in Owens’ eyes — is being paid as much per year surely will cause Owens to stew and simmer and eventually boil.

Especially after games in which Williams gets more balls thrown his way.
Yeah, this trade is gonna end up being a great development for the Cowboys.

Pacman Jones' suspension leaves first-rounder Mike Jenkins as the starting cornerback opposite Anthony Henry while Terence Newman is out with a groin injury.

The Cowboys were counting on breaking Jenkins in slowly, but he's going to be in the spotlight for the next month. Rookie fifth-rounder Orlando Scandrick is expected to remain in the slot. Dallas' pass defense should be a nice matchup for opposing offenses.

Not sure about safties Roy Williams or Pat Watkins either (both missed a few games now) but this is the makings of 2 weak secondaries @ STL .....though never discount what a rookie can do given an opportunity either

After I heard this news, I was expecting to hear that the 'Boys also managed a trade with the Titans for VY, another Longhorn.

look at how much money they just threw at williams. they also have to sign demarcus ware during the off season. with all this guaranteed money being thrown around this team is going to continue to have these problems. they have absolutely no depth at all which we will see this weekend in their secondary.

TO cant play at age 34 how is he gonna be able to do it at 35 and 36? What a joke of a contract.

Back