Lions vs Vikings Informal Write-up

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Under 43.5:

I see a lot of love (% of tix) for the 'over' and Vikes. I think this is pure recency bias because Minny exploded at home against an undermanned Dolphins team off a division win. The thing about that game is that Minnesota thrived by running the ball. Kirk Cousins is still playing poorly (recent stats inflated by garbage time production) which is actually normal for him in December. Last year for instance is passer rating was 19 points lower in December than in November, this year it's 14 points lower. Lions' run defense has been solid since adding Damon Harrison (7th in opp YPC in past three games), so I don't think Minny will be able to run against Detroit. No run, no pass, no scoring.

Stafford has been playing through a back injury. He actually put up decent numbers against Buffalo, but that was because he was able to rely on Golladay, who caught the vast majority of Stafford's 200 yards. Golladay is Detroit's only wide receiver with at least 200 yards on the season! Minnesota ranks #3 in pass D against opposing #1 receiver, but is very poor in defending opposing running backs, so I think Stafford's downfield game will be really limited (Golladay had 46 receiving yards in their first meeting) and I foresee more simple check-downs to the running back. Lions haven't scored more than 17 points in the past four games.

The Lions have been very competitive in general and as home dogs, the Rams' score is misleading cause short fields and recovered onside kicks, Russell went off, but otherwise they hung with da Bears, beat the Pats, and Packers, I lean on them to play spoiler. On the contrary the Vikings' offense has been pretty dead on the road lately largely because they've relied on Cousins to throw so many passes. I feel more comfortable with the total than banking on Stafford to do enough.

Love this play but think we should hold out. 44 incredibly key as I think that the absolute high side worst case. and no way do I see it dropping under 43, with all the over love these days good chance we get at least 44 at some point, don’t you think?

Didn’t read the write up but agree. Detroit has been playing unders like crazy.

Patricia will basically Shut the offense down and focus on defense.
Perfect recipe for an under.

Cousins stinks.
Stafford has no weapons and Patricia will make sure no hurry up no spread offense just basic bullshit offense.

I see this as a 20-13 game

Another factor is the Vikings have committed to running the ball.

Dalvin has many carries last week. Zimmer was telling De Filipino to run the ball and he refused to. He was fired then.

Vikings now run the ball. Clock ticks.

Detroit also will run ball with Johnson.

Looks like a ball control game with lots of runs etc

Bottom line both defenses shoujd be able to handle the offenses.

Just double Theilen. And watch Diggs and Minnesota isn’t scoring much.

Cousins is a little concern because he throws lots of turnovers for touchdowns.

Other than that I see this game being 16-13 at some point late

Another factor is the Vikings have committed to running the ball.

Dalvin has many carries last week. Zimmer was telling De Filipino to run the ball and he refused to. He was fired then.

Vikings now run the ball. Clock ticks.

Detroit also will run ball with Johnson.

Looks like a ball control game with lots of runs etc

Johnson hasn't played in a month and has not even practiced, doubt he plays now in two meaningless games.

Stafford don't sit. He just doesn't. It's funny that people thought he was injury prone his first year.

not only that, the team never even invests in a decent backup for him. u have cassel now who doesn't belong anywhere near the NFL. for like 2 or 3 years, u were one injury away from jake f'n rudock quarterbacking your team.

Back