Line Movements for Week 4 CFB....and a little interesting thought on SC-Zona

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Okay..heres how the lines have moved. It has to be a 2 point or more move since open for me to post it. Mind you, this is not Pinny openers. This is when the line comes out each Sunday a few hours before Pinny comes out. Therefore the difference on some of these. BTW, these are all Favs regardless of move.

Georgia Tech 14.5 to 17
Louisville 7 to 14
Tennessee 21 to 23
Clemson 19 to 16.5
Iowa 19 to 21.5
Florida St 28 to 30
Auburn 42 to 44
Navy 3 to 5
Va Tech 24 to 27
BYU 28 to 31
Ohio State 13.5 to 16.5
Texas 21 to 24
Wazzou 6.5 to 10
Wyoming 3.5 to PK
WVU 17 to 21
Georgia 24.5 to 27
Baylor 8.5 to 11
W. Michigan 31 to 28
Ole Miss PK to 2.5
LSU 35 to 37
Boise St 12.5 to 15
USC 19 to 21
Oregon St 19 to 22.5
Maryland 23 to 18
Akron 14 to 17
Nebraska 20 to 22.5

Okay, the USC game is one of those weird ones.

The line opened 19 at 5:01 est on Sunday.

The line opened at Pinnacle 16(-113) at 7:22 est Sunday

The line is currently approx 21 at Pinny.

So, before the lines got disclosed to us the public someone hammered Zona down. Then as we, the public, saw the low USC line it got hammered right back up.

Any word on KSU TE Norwood?? Word is he might be suspended and it would come out today? He leads the team in receptions for KSU...

I have not heard. Maybe our Denny knows something but he just signed off AIM...

Anyone else know?

B.A.R. said:
I have not heard. Maybe our Denny knows something but he just signed off AIM...

Anyone else know?

I'm planning on playing KSU but want to wait if he is out....the line should rise more and would prefer a better number obviously...

Which one do you talk of Jump?

I am guessing SC.

I don't use any offshore books for openers. I get the earliest Vegas lines possible which are all released before any Offshores release their numbers. I like to see where the 'early' money goes before the offshores open up their lines.

Good examples last week were WVU going from 11.5 to 13.5 by time pinny opened and UL going from 3 to 6 before Pinny opened

BAR,,,
I believe you said the lines come out sunday then get hit on pinny,,
Where did you see them first if I may ask?

fam hes talkin about 1st openin vegas lines from LVSC. smart way too look at that bar, do u use vegasinsider or what online site will show u openin numbers straight from vegas? an normally how much before cris an pinny release theyre numbers has vegas already had it out?

Sc Cameout At 14....i Was On It As Soon As It Cameout If Not Within 1 Minute...i Locked It In Got Ready To Hit Continueand It Was Up To 15.5 Which Is What I Got It At

from sbr lines it shows tha offical open line from cris on usc game was 15.5. i havent seen many if any errors on opening lines from sbr.

Published Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Wildcats tight end Norwood arrested
http://ads.cjonline.com/RealMedia/a...e=detail&tl=8&st=mls&show=listings&mls=134269

By Tim Bisel
The Capital-Journal
Kansas State tight end Rashaad Norwood was arrested early Sunday in connection with misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct and obstructing the legal process.
Norwood, a 6-foot-3, 229-pound junior, was arrested following a verbal confrontation between two small groups that occurred about midnight Saturday on the K-State campus, university police Capt. Richard Herrman said.
The incident occurred in a parking lot south of the K-State Union. Herrman said Norwood failed to leave when an officer ordered the parties to break it up.
"When the officers arrived to disperse them, one subject (Norwood) did not want to disperse," Herrman said. "He continued to use insults and foul language towards another person in the other group, trying to incite a fight."
Norwood also was arrested for obstruction because he refused to cooperate with campus police. However, Herrman said Norwood didn't fight with the two officers at the scene and described his resistance as "passive."
"In other words, he would not answer the officers' questions as to his name and date of birth and address and that type of normal information that's required," Herrman said. "He also refused to get into the vehicle to be transported and had to physically be placed in the vehicle."
Norwood, 21, was released on $750 bond. According to a report filed by the arresting officer, he is scheduled to appear in Manhattan Municipal Court at 8 a.m. Oct. 3.
Norwood is the second well-known Wildcat athlete to be arrested recently for disorderly conduct. Basketball player David Hoskins, a junior forward, faces the same charge after he struck a 22-year-old male on Sept. 10 in the Aggieville bar district.
Norwood's arrest occurred just hours after he helped K-State improve to 3-0 with a 23-7 win over Marshall. A product of Kansas City Schlagle, Norwood matched Jordy Nelson with a team-high five receptions.
For the season, Norwood leads K-State with 13 grabs for 143 yards.
Coach Ron Prince refused to comment Monday on whether Norwood would play Saturday against No. 8 Louisville.
Prince said he would make an announcement today regarding Norwood's status. "Obviously, we're disappointed," Prince said. "We have higher expectations. That's not what we're looking for."

no way he plays...thats fucking hilarious though....he was in aggieville for sure!!! (aggieville is a strip of bars in manhattan)...a few months ago my boy got arrested for streaking...btw, note to self; never go to manhattan dressed in ku gear!!!

WOW @ the USC vs. Arizona line...

Y'all know what this means right? Small play on Arizona + the ML

I smell UCLA Pt. 2 all over again

.......then again look at my location :smiley_acbe:

Moose,
did you watch the SFA/AZ game?

cmon, you can't be serious about AZ ML.

I graduated from UofA last year and you should know as well as I do that USC is going to come into town and pwn us.

Isn't that what every student said last year about the UCLA game?

I'm not trying to be cocky about it at all, I expect us to lose, but c'mon lets have some faith! haha

All I know is that I'll be tossing a small parlay into my plays this week that looks like Michigan ML, Louisville ML, Boise St. ML, Ga Tech ML and then throw Arizona ML into it...what would be better then being at the game when we upset USC? HAVING MONEY ON IT!

Bear Down my man, Bear Down!

PS - the SFA game was an embarrasment

Heres that parlay for those that are interested :bow:

1. Football - Thursday, September 21, 2006
Georgia Tech Money Line
(-1000) Game Remove Item
2. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Michigan Money Line
(-600) Game Remove Item
3. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Louisville Money Line
(-600) Game Remove Item
4. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Boise State Money Line
(-600) Game Remove Item
5. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Florida State Money Line
(-600) 1st Quarter Remove Item
6. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Clemson Money Line
(-750) Game Remove Item
7. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Texas Money Line
(-750) 1st Half Remove Item
8. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
West Virginia Money Line
(-750) 1st Half Remove Item
9. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Boston College Money Line
(-280) Game Remove Item
10. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Florida Money Line
(-1000) 1st Half Remove Item
11. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Tennessee Money Line
(-1600) Game Remove Item
12. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Ohio State Money Line
(-850) Game Remove Item
13. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Oklahoma Money Line
(-2400) 1st Half Remove Item
14. Football - Saturday, September 23, 2006
Arizona Money Line
(+1100) Game Remove Item

Pays out....65 to 1!!!!!!! money;

moose...jesus man....if the upset doesnt occur then you're fucked!! atleast theres a great chance at the rest of the card!! wtf bro!?!?

tru said:
fam hes talkin about 1st openin vegas lines from LVSC. smart way too look at that bar, do u use vegasinsider or what online site will show u openin numbers straight from vegas? an normally how much before cris an pinny release theyre numbers has vegas already had it out?

Tru, those lines come out before the offshore outfits. Thats why I like to use them. Very successful w/cbb using these as part of my capping. I think it is very important.

scourge said:
USC opened at -14 not -19

Troy's right.

Yes, it did open 14 at AN OFFSHORE BOOK. Remember that offshore doesn't just magically make their own lines.

The line opened at 19 TWO HOURS before the relase of 14.

What this tells me...Arizona got hammered by guys out in Vegas before the lines became public to us that use offshores. That dropped the line a lot. Then, a lot of us see that weird spread for this game and wonder WTF? So, it gets bet right back up.

IMO, and everyone has their own, LVSC is the truest opener for myself. Its way ahead of offshores and reflects early action.

KingKrunked said:
moose...jesus man....if the upset doesnt occur then you're fucked!! atleast theres a great chance at the rest of the card!! wtf bro!?!?

Haha, it's just for fun man...I added Carolina into it and played it for 10 dollars...10 to win 1050 I believe was the payout, I'll have to look

But the whole reason I did it was because I'm a student here, how amazing would that be if not only we WON the game, but I won 1,000 because of it?!?

Funny that the Carolina ML made it double almost

But hey, take Carolina and Arizona out of that parlay and it still pays 3.2 to 1, which to me...and maybe to you, seems like GREAT value...I mean hell, I'd rather do that parlay then say put 100 on a big underdog (like Northwestern) to win straight up

...and if you want to keep Carolina in it shoots up to 8 to 1 which is STILL very decent

B.A.R. said:
Yes, it did open 14 at AN OFFSHORE BOOK. Remember that offshore doesn't just magically make their own lines.

The line opened at 19 TWO HOURS before the relase of 14.

What this tells me...Arizona got hammered by guys out in Vegas before the lines became public to us that use offshores. That dropped the line a lot. Then, a lot of us see that weird spread for this game and wonder WTF? So, it gets bet right back up.

IMO, and everyone has their own, LVSC is the truest opener for myself. Its way ahead of offshores and reflects early action.

Big_Al, is this telling you that Arizona seems to be the play? Thats what I'm getting from it...but I'm waiting for you to come out and say it :shake:

i still cannot bet against pete carroll and team, and will continue to bet usc until i lose a couple.

Moosecock said:
Big_Al, is this telling you that Arizona seems to be the play? Thats what I'm getting from it...but I'm waiting for you to come out and say it :shake:

Well, if this information is correct than you have to take a second look at Zona. I use this as a tool. Just as percntages are a tool and anything else. I will look at Arizona more in next few days and see how high that line gets.

Back