Lets talk Tanking

Marlo

Check out my DAD BOD
Obviously we are getting down to the final games of the season. So if anyone is up for discussing some key games that teams obviously have no point in even competing.

Miami Heat

13-64 with 5 games left

Home Games
Chicago
Memphis
Atlanta

Road Games
Cleveland
Toronto

Minnesota Timberwolves

19-57 with 6 games remaining.

Home Games
New Orleans
Milwaukee

Road Games
Charlotte
Orlando
Memphis
Detroit

Minny is pretty much neck in neck with Seattle for the 2nd worst record in the league. Mathematically we can't beat Miami for the worst record in the leauge, but we definately can challenge Seattle. Seattle has 4 road games left against the West that includes, SA, Dallas, Golden State, and Houston. They have one lone home game left in Seattle against Dallas. Their win versus Denver last night was the last game of the season where they had a reason to compete.

New Orleans delivered a 34 point whipping last time they met, the worst beating the Wolves had this year. Houston had the 2nd worst, a 31 point crushing...in the rematch up north the Wolves lost but were competitive. I could see that one staying near the number (-9 or 10?).

I don't see them caring much about the other games.

Thanks Gandolf, unfortunately the man has me doing "real" work today. I was planning on getting some more stuff up soon.

Miami will win at least one game, if not two this season I believe. Chicago, Memphis and Toronto games are possible bets on the Heat and besides Memphis, they will get a decent odds ML...

I have a friend that works in the Minny front office and the call to tank to the team has been made. Beasley would look good in Minny uniform he said.

New York Knicks (21-56)

• Right now they are giving up the 2nd most pots in the EC
  • They are on a over run of 21-7 in there last 28

Home Games
Charlotte
Atlanta
Boston

Away Games

Detroit (they are 1-2 SU, and 2-1 ATS)
Indy

I have a friend that works in the Minny front office and the call to tank to the team has been made. Beasley would look good in Minny uniform he said.

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie."

-Taken from Minneapolis Paper

Taylor is a business man, and needs to fill the seats next year. A guy like Beasley/Rose/Mayo would do that. The loss against Memphis was huge.

Great thread, Marlo. There is plenty of money to be made at this time of the year based on teams tanking for those lottery balls.

I look forward to fading Milwaukee, Miami, and maybe New York.

Why would Miami want to tank???? They got the last place locked and will actually try and win a few to avoid Heat's worst record ever...
Doubt that the Bucks would want to tank either. They 90% locked in their position, unless Clips will win most of their games till the end of the season. But, they do got a new GM that will test them in the few coming games and so is the coach who feels the seat burning under him...

Knicks are solid tanking candidates. They are fighting Seattle, Memphis and Minni for the worst record among those four...

Back