Let's talk NHL Futures ...

I've self banned myself from any Rangers futures but they've looked awful all preseason and the under 102.5 points looks like a solid bet.

I never tie up any money on NHL futures as there is just too much injury risk and lines are super tight. Plus, if you look at cup odds now, and then revisit when the playoffs start, there is not a huge difference most of the time (obvious exceptions like when the Bruins get 135 points and are strong favorites - not that they won)

I really think the cup winner is coming from the Eastern conference. Carolina and Devils trend best 5v5, but playoffs are won and lost with goaltending and special teams and well, I'm not massive fans with either of their goalies - but I mean wtf heard of Adin Hill before the playoffs last year.

I think the Rangers would be a decent team to back as usual this year. One of if not the best goalies in the world. Solid top 6 on offense, solid top 4 on defense. And they play in a division that is stacked but also have a few shit teams. I expect Pittsburgh and Washington to not be that great this year, they are just too long in the tooth, and older guys get hurt more and take longer to recover - speaking from old guy perspective.

Teams from the east I think can win it all - Canes, Devils, Leafs, Rangers, Panthers...and TB always lurking but losing Vassy is going to hurt.
Teams from the east I think will surprise - Buffalo (although they seem to be trendy, there is a lot to like there) and the Islanders (as much as it pains me to say it, this team severely underperformed last year, but has all the makings of a strong 5v5 team and added Horvat. Their grinders getting older though and their defense isn't super, but great goalkeeping)
Teams from the east I think will suck - Canadians, Red Wings (still another few years away), Columbus, Philly, Washington.
My wildcard team from the east would be Senators. Could win the division and lose the first round of the playoffs. Could miss the playoffs entirely. Not sure I trust their goalies enough, but the skaters are pretty solid.

In the west, I've seen some articles stating the the Kings and Flames could be darkhorses to do well this year. meh. To me it looks like Vegas, Oilers, Stars and Avalanche are clear top 4 and then everyone else throw in a mixer. I kinda like what the Kraken been doing out there
teams out west I think will suck- Blackhawks, Ducks, Sharks and Coyotes probably forever until they move.
Everyone else in between the top 4 and the bottom four are whole bunch of uninspiring. I think the east is so much better top to bottom.

Carolina if they stay healthy, the devils window is just beginning to really open. The west is a crapshoot.

The rangers got 99 problems and 88 is one. (That would’ve been an awesome line from the NY Post during the playoffs.)

I don’t think the Hawks will suck in the traditional sense of the phrase. Goaltending could suck big time. But this team has brought in the right pieces to surround Connor Bedard. Albeit old as fuck pieces.

This season’s success won’t be told in the W’s and L’s columns of the Sun-Times.

Took a few flyers out West pre-season

Dallas +1400
LA Kings +1800
Seattle +2800

all those to win 14 units

And, Detroit O85.5 points -120 for a solid size wager (win 3 units)

Took a few flyers out West pre-season

Dallas +1400
LA Kings +1800
Seattle +2800

all those to win 14 units

And, Detroit O85.5 points -120 for a solid size wager (win 3 units)
Dallas is so undervalued, Kings I like a lot, if they get goaltending they have built a very strong spine

Back