Lets talk Lakers..

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
What's the solution. Kobe has had an epic month scoring, i think its near 35 ppg but they are 1 -6.

Let's hear what you nba aficionados have to say.

They are going to wait to see how Gasol plays with Nash before considering a trade. Also not easy to trade a guy who makes 19 milly a year.

A top 4 seed in the West is out of the question, unless they go on some huge run. They are looking at a real tough first round playoff matchup

Bad defensively, Nash doesn't help out much there. Howard has been pretty good on that end considering he is not 100%, unfortunately he just does not have much help.

Everyone says just wait until Nash comes back, i don't know , The Laker's season is relying on a 38 year old to salvage their season?

The Laker brass said they hired Mike because the personnel fit the type of offense that he likes to run, um okay. They should have hired Phil

They can't defend PERIOD. It looks like they don't communicate with each other at all on the defensive end and their transition defense is flat out POOR. All their opponents are onto that and are pushing ball up the floor more often. Also, their bench is just terrible (all scrubs imo).

Just saw the highlites, Kyrie had everyone on skates. Dude is filthy. Lakers bench is awful as well.

nash will help their defense. laugh all you want, he communicates and draws the charge

it will be very interesting

They definately need Nash back to see what he brings. Those first few games we didn't see much but his veteran leadership will help and he always gets guys easy looks and baskets. They also need a bench. Guys like Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, etc knew their roles and could defend a little.

I would laugh if they didn't make the playoffs. I know it's early, but they're currently the 12th seed in the west and they don't look like they're going to get any better.

[h=1]Source: Lakers weighing PG options[/h]
Updated: December 11, 2012, 11:42 PM ET
<cite class="source" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal; line-height: 14px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); display: block; overflow: hidden;">ESPN.com news services</cite>

Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash believes he will be out a while longer, and the team has begun weighing options to bolster its point guard corps.

A source told ESPNLosAngeles.com that the Lakers' options at this point are somewhat limited, but they'll likely consider free agents such as Delonte West, who was cut by theDallas Mavericks in October, and Eddie House, as well as a trade.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...les-lakers-begin-weighing-point-guard-options

Lakers won't be a defensive force. But they don't need to be. They just need to average 110+ points and stop their rivals on 105 points.
Lakers have many problems, but Nash will improve their defense, by simply improving their offense. Artest is the perfect example of a player that plays much better deffense when he has decent offense. I think that Gasol looks lost right now in the Lakers and if he will find his spot on the new Lakers on offense, it will translate on defense as well.
Not to mention that baskets on one side of the floor cut down the number of fastbreaks on the other end of the floor.
Let's not forget that Jamison, Lakers wild card from the bench, is now a starter. With Blake injured, suddenly the bench is Ebanks, Morris/ Duhon, Hill and Meeks. That's a bench that even Portland wouldn't trade their bench for...

If or when Lakers will be healthy, Lakers will have Blake, Jamison, Meeks and Hill - four decent bench players on the bench.
Nash should make Gasol and Dwight a lot happier, set Artest with some open looks and most important, he will take the pressure of Kobe.
I believe that if Kobe will know that he doesn't have to carry the team on his shoulder, he will gladly pass the torch (partially) and will play much better defense.

Also, Nash not the best defender, but he at least makes the opposition play some defense. Irving can't give Nash the space he gives Duhon/ Morris and if Irving is tired, he will score less and be less effective, simple as that.

I can count on one hand the number of times I took Lakers with the spread this season. I mostly look for good chances to play Over on Lakers or overall (and it's almost every day).

Lakers won't be a defensive force. But they don't need to be. They just need to average 110+ points and stop their rivals on 105 points.
Lakers have many problems, but Nash will improve their defense, by simply improving their offense. Artest is the perfect example of a player that plays much better deffense when he has decent offense. I think that Gasol looks lost right now in the Lakers and if he will find his spot on the new Lakers on offense, it will translate on defense as well.
Not to mention that baskets on one side of the floor cut down the number of fastbreaks on the other end of the floor.
Let's not forget that Jamison, Lakers wild card from the bench, is now a starter. With Blake injured, suddenly the bench is Ebanks, Morris/ Duhon, Hill and Meeks. That's a bench that even Portland wouldn't trade their bench for...

If or when Lakers will be healthy, Lakers will have Blake, Jamison, Meeks and Hill - four decent bench players on the bench.
Nash should make Gasol and Dwight a lot happier, set Artest with some open looks and most important, he will take the pressure of Kobe.
I believe that if Kobe will know that he doesn't have to carry the team on his shoulder, he will gladly pass the torch (partially) and will play much better defense.

Also, Nash not the best defender, but he at least makes the opposition play some defense. Irving can't give Nash the space he gives Duhon/ Morris and if Irving is tired, he will score less and be less effective, simple as that.

I can count on one hand the number of times I took Lakers with the spread this season. I mostly look for good chances to play Over on Lakers or overall (and it's almost every day).

well now that you put it that way, it sounds so easy!

It's not easy, but that's to answer all those that claim that Nash can't help. Maybe he won't help, but he can.
Another important point that at least 8 - 10 points rival teams score on the Lakers due to silly turnovers that Nash can prevent and by that, lowering the number of points Lakers concede...

im just busting your balls.

realistically I think we're looking at a 1st round playoff exit, MAYBE 2nd round appearance at best.

They miss PG badly, Morris is not an NBA player, while Duhon is too old for a serious role, their offense looks horrible, no plan, no idea, and it doesn't help when most of your back court players are average passers at best. Also I don't know if Dwight is still hurting, but he is far away from 100% as well. I know they wait on Nash to see him on court with Gasol, but sooner or later Kupchak will have to trade him, he is simply poor fit to play with D12 and also Gasol prefers playing center, so he won't be happy in LA and might even ask for a trade himself soon. Seeding is not that important imo, as long as they get their shit together and get into the post season, they will have a decent shot there.

If Dwight isn't Dwight, the discussion will just become whether or not they can sneak in an 8 seed and bow out quickly.

They miss PG badly, Morris is not an NBA player, while Duhon is too old for a serious role, their offense looks horrible, no plan, no idea, and it doesn't help when most of your back court players are average passers at best. Also I don't know if Dwight is still hurting, but he is far away from 100% as well. I know they wait on Nash to see him on court with Gasol, but sooner or later Kupchak will have to trade him, he is simply poor fit to play with D12 and also Gasol prefers playing center, so he won't be happy in LA and might even ask for a trade himself soon. Seeding is not that important imo, as long as they get their shit together and get into the post season, they will have a decent shot there.

They say Pau is essentially a "fake" injury...you think they move him? Move him and that means you sign Howard to the long one....but how long does Kobe stay from there?

strange strange situation

I don't think it is a fake injury, he has knee tendonitis, blame it on Mike Brown for holding 3 hour practices, lol

Pau hasn't really looked the same ever since Phil left, though he did look really good for Spain this summer, who the fuck knows with him. He is like a chick with all his drama

I don't think it is a fake injury, he has knee tendonitis, blame it on Mike Brown for holding 3 hour practices, lol

Pau hasn't really looked the same ever since Phil left, though he did look really good for Spain this summer, who the fuck knows with him. He is like a chick with all his drama
word....I listen to sports radio(cannons maybe)....and they were sayin they are basically holding him out with a mild injury....may be the next peice moved

apparently he doesnt like his new role...like kobe says

Kobe should be able to play some 2-3 more seasons, he looked very sharp also this season so far, we'll see if he can keep it up till May/June. Dwight has to be resigned, no reason not to be, and I think it's a given Pau leaves, it just makes no sense to keep him. I'm not sure if Nash returning can fix all of their woes, team defense is horrible, I just hope D'Antoni knows how to fix it, though I wouldn't bet on that.

Back