Let's see if my sources have any cred.....

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Nothing SECRET or anything.....I just know a lot of boosters of Hawaii football really well......as in family.....

According to them, June Jones is a done deal as far as leaving Hawaii......

SMU with the 72 hour notice and contract offered? Doubt it.....

I think a return to the Atlanta Falcons or some other NFL ranks, family in Atlanta says there, dunno......

Jones is fed up with Hawaii and the roadblocks to improving our program......too many "old boys" who dont like him and want him to fail.....

He should leave, he can take us no higher and he is unappreciated........

I hope all my sources are wrong.....but i cant blame JJ, you guys gotta see all the flak and shit this guy gets despite our most successful season ever......:down2:

Well, either Falcons or Dolphins and could probably pick up Colt in the early 3rd round.

They do stink, did you see them play GA. They beat up on frauds and took the place of someone deserving. Send that team back to their caves.

I tell it like it is, I don't care what people think. HAW sucks brotha, don't come into SEC country thinking you deserve to be there. What a ****** joke.

HAW stinks, this program is a disgrace.

Wow...this frickin' toolbag never ceases to amaze me. What is the f*cking point of the post I quoted above? To make HG feel like crap since his Warriors lost?

You might not care what we think, Joe...but I can assure you, nobody on here gives a flying f*ck what you, or your make believe scouts think.

Keep up the classy posts, JoeBren!

:down2:

I dont understand this though. Why SMU? What the hell can he accomplish there. No way he can get them to a high level. Why not a lower level team in a major conference

Joebrensport, what a tool!

I dont blame JJ for leaving and being fed up. If you look at his salary, he was one of the lowest paid coaches that brought Hawaii out of the dump; "Von Apen" era. For awhile, alot of locals kids were going to the mainland schools, but JJ seemed has brought that back to Hawaii.

One thing about Hawaii, is that the entire economy is very slow, while the cost of living is very high. Yet, the one thing to come good out of Hawaii was a very successful football program and still they couldn't budge in improvements.

HG - On a side note, I just wanted to say thanks for all the info and insight on Hawaii this year. Keep up the good work bud, and lookin' foward to reading more next season.

:cheers:

HG - On a side note, I just wanted to say thanks for all the info and insight on Hawaii this year. Keep up the good work bud, and lookin' foward to reading more next season.

:cheers:
thanks

Sounds like he is going.......still though....let's wait.....

SMU has been discussed for hours on local radio......sounds like a good deal......tons of support, huge budget and nice facilities.....and a commitment to bring them back......

Jones should go, he deserves it......

Late word from Honolulu is that UH has made Jones an offer that would make him "the highest paid coach in the WAC." The amount wasn't announced, but Fresno State's Pat Hill makes [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]$1,229,996, so it has to be more than that. Jones is supposed to be in Dallas tomorrow to meet with SMU.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

JONES HAS DRAFTED RESIGNATION LETTER WITH 19 POINTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN MET
The Letter
Posted On: January 5th, 2008 by Dave Reardon
June Jones has drafted a resignation letter from his position as football coach at the University of Hawaii, several reliable sources said today. But athletic director Herman Frazier and other UH officials said early this afternoon they have not received the letter.

According to two of the sources, the letter includes a list of 19 items detailing “things that have not been dealt with” by the athletic department.
Jones was scheduled to fly to Dallas late today to interview at SMU. The Conference USA school has scheduled a news conference for Monday.

Supporters of Jones and UH football said this afternoon they “haven’t given up,” and “it ain’t over ’till it’s over,” in hopes of getting Jones to stay here. UH has made two offers since Thursday to counter the $1.7-to-2 million per year reportedly being offered by SMU.

“The next 24 hours are critical,” one Jones supporter said

http://starbulletin.com/blogs/uhsportsextra/

Back