Let's Revisit Division Futures: Plus-Money Opportunities

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
There are some really attractive second- and even third-place teams.

Packers at +1400 have a nice schedule coming up, as do Texans at +650.

Both teams strike me for the extent to which they've improved and the lack of invincibility shown by Detroit and Jacksonville, respectively.

Thoughts? Any others? Let's keep up with this because there seem to be at least a couple very big plus-money opportunities.

+650 seems like a really nice price on houston. But they 2 full games back of jags, I know they split so no clue how or what tiebreak be but gotta think the only way to even consider is if they own the tiebreak as a 3 game swing at this point seems unlikely. Neither has a tough schedule but I’d say Texans slightly easier but again they would have to own the tiebreak and even then ya gotta worry how losing Dell gonna effect them?

NFL division tiebreaker rules are as follows12:
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs)
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference
  5. Strength of victory
  6. Strength of schedule
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed
Divisional tiebreakers only apply to the four teams in a particular NFL division3

I didn't play and I'm kicking myself for Purdy MVP. You had 12-1 out there and if he beat Hurts as a -160 favorite he was likely to drop big time. Well, he won and now he's +250 and the only person ahead of him can't beat a winning team in Dak.

Trevor injury puts a new spin on things…

Turns out +650 woulda been a great bet! I assume that number long gone? If jets wernt so so so abysmal on the offensive side I do think Texans could be walking into a bad spot Sunday, I kinda expect Stroud to struggle, it seems inevitable to me at some point, he just lost one his fav targets which making his rec crew pretty thin, I’d think gardener will be draped on nico collins, not sure if Shultz be back? Anyways all that said Texans prob only need to score 10 point and they could not only win but cover, lol.

TB +325 maybe? I just can't see ATL winning this division. They are -175. If TB can win at ATL this Sunday, they win the division IMO.

I’m still in total shock saints not up 3-4 games! Lol. I hate baker so much but I think you spot on, as bad he sucks he at least kinda belongs in the league. I’m not sure Ridder should start for a xfl team! If atl makes the playoffs I’ll be betting my house against them! lol

Trevor Lawrence avoided season-ending surgery, it's a high ankle sprain. While that does suck, it could be a helluva lot worse.

Very glad I hedged my division bets few weeks ago
Yup. After jags won last week had some regrets but not today. last night was a disaster. Lose game Lawrence Kirk and OL who stepped on Lawrence. glad i included indy as they're right there. Also put bet on Houston making playoffs which looks ok despite currently being 8th

Yup. After jags won last week had some regrets but not today. last night was a disaster. Lose game Lawrence Kirk and OL who stepped on Lawrence. glad i included indy as they're right there. Also put bet on Houston making playoffs which looks ok despite currently being 8th

I thought Houston was on the way, I worry bout the Dell injury. I know they have had other guys step up but this could really hurt the dynamic . Hopefully they get Shultz back soon, I actually like that other tight end Jordan, he looks like he talented enough they could potentially move to more 2 te sets with either him or Shultz acting more like a slot/wr to help out nico collins and Noah brown. Or I guess maybe Robert woods could get more involved, not sure what he has to offer these days tho? I think Stroud gonna struggle more this week than he has maybe all season,, they still might win cause how many poiints can the jets score? Lol. Just have a feeling this a bad game for Stroud which you gotta think no matter how awesome he been he still a rookie and there gonna be a few stinkers! I guess Ny also another one the places all over that gonna have potentially crappy weather so that won’t help either.

I thought Houston was on the way, I worry bout the Dell injury. I know they have had other guys step up but this could really hurt the dynamic . Hopefully they get Shultz back soon, I actually like that other tight end Jordan, he looks like he talented enough they could potentially move to more 2 te sets with either him or Shultz acting more like a slot/wr to help out nico collins and Noah brown. Or I guess maybe Robert woods could get more involved, not sure what he has to offer these days tho? I think Stroud gonna struggle more this week than he has maybe all season,, they still might win cause how many poiints can the jets score? Lol. Just have a feeling this a bad game for Stroud which you gotta think no matter how awesome he been he still a rookie and there gonna be a few stinkers! I guess Ny also another one the places all over that gonna have potentially crappy weather so that won’t help either.
Yeah Dell hurts but most teams lose someone. Houston no great shakes. Jags dominated that last game despite close score. But their remaining schedule is as easy as u can hope for. And Stroud playing way better than i thought. They should beat jets and if they do i think they get in. Nfl is so bad this year.

Yeah Dell hurts but most teams lose someone. Houston no great shakes. Jags dominated that last game despite close score. But their remaining schedule is as easy as u can hope for. And Stroud playing way better than i thought. They should beat jets and if they do i think they get in. Nfl is so bad this year.

Oh i was so so so wrong bout stroud., I spent day or 2 making fun of Houston’s draft! I thought they been way better off keeping picks, seeing if mills could play (who I thought had better chance than Stroud, lol), then getting one the “sure thing” qbs in this years draft if mills didn’t work!! Even in preseason I was doing this Texans 1st half unders thing cause I said Stroud wouldn’t score a point!! Lol. Actually worked for a week or 2 at least! I woulda never guessed this kid be a top 10 qb ever, let alone already! I tend to be super skeptical of the ones who post numbers at Ohio st when they have nfl wrs all over!! He legit tho:, plus look how awful osu offense was this year and they still had 2 the wrs!! Safe to say I was wrong!! Not to mention they hired w defensive coach which usually a terrible idea w a young qb! Guess he was smart enough to learn under shanny tho and bring in a good oc!!

Oh i was so so so wrong bout stroud., I spent day or 2 making fun of Houston’s draft! I thought they been way better off keeping picks, seeing if mills could play (who I thought had better chance than Stroud, lol), then getting one the “sure thing” qbs in this years draft if mills didn’t work!! Even in preseason I was doing this Texans 1st half unders thing cause I said Stroud wouldn’t score a point!! Lol. Actually worked for a week or 2 at least! I woulda never guessed this kid be a top 10 qb ever, let alone already! I tend to be super skeptical of the ones who post numbers at Ohio st when they have nfl wrs all over!! He legit tho:, plus look how awful osu offense was this year and they still had 2 the wrs!! Safe to say I was wrong!! Not to mention they hired w defensive coach which usually a terrible idea w a young qb! Guess he was smart enough to learn under shanny tho and bring in a good oc!!
Everyone was wrong about Stroud.

Agree on Stroud - looking back at LY semi vs. Georgia should have told us he had a chance to be good.

Back