Lets play fact vs fiction

Coverdatspred

Curious About George Costanza‘s Modeling Career
Perception vs reality or whatever else you want to call it. I'm sure there are lots of examples but this one really sticks out to me.

Perception:
Tony Romo is a choker.

Reality:
Since 2011 Romo is only second to Eli Manning in 4th quarter comeback wins. Romo has 9 and Eli has 10. Since the year 2000 Romo has a higher 4th quarter QB rating than any other QB to play in the NFL. That Romo is a choke artist is pretty much up to each person to decide but the facts are the facts. I would contend that any player who is leaned upon by the coaching staff as well as the entire team to pull off big plays when the pressure is on is apt to be either the hero or the goat. The bright lights of being a QB on the Cowboys have intensified his mistakes more so than propping him up after his achievements.

How many of those 4th quarter wins were after Thanksgiving?

Peyton is a choker, right?

if you look solely at his teams performances in the playoffs yes. His numbers are good in most of those games though. I think his style doesn't work well for playoff football. Probably just the way it wears down his own teams defense.

his carer QB rating is higher in December and January than the other months.

C'mon. Guy throws the wrong pass at the worst time ... That's not just a perception. It's not like he gets a triple x mark on his QB rating when he blows it, to the QB rating it's just another pick.

C'mon. Guy throws the wrong pass at the worst time ... That's not just a perception. It's not like he gets a triple x mark on his QB rating when he blows it, to the QB rating it's just another pick.

OK so I show you a QB rating that goes up in the clutch months. A 4th Q rating that is best in the league in the last 13 years, the Manning, Brady Roethlisberger etc years. Nine 4th quarter comebacks in the last couple years. Yet you still call him a choker. I guess it is what it is.

The perception is actually fine with me in cases like this. This is a gambling forum. I'm looking at this info and finding spots to run to the betting window when the Cowboys are trailing at halftime.

How many 4th quarter comebacks after Thanksgiving. How many playoff wins.

Back