Let's be Friends-International Kickball

BenchCoach

Pretty much a regular
FIFA...IRELAND +1 -132 (*3)

Past 16 home friendlies for the Italians at home they win how many games ???? 2 that's right only two and 1 was versus San Marino. The past 6 away Irish friendlies 5 ended level. The Italians also tied 4 of their past 6 friendlies at home. The new manager for Ireland will want to get a result here against the World Cup bound "we don't care for friendlies" Azzuri.

back later with a bit of MLS...I will only be posting my larger plays in this thread...gl peoples

Just a fun fact...not going to post MLS here but you get the picture

Just Chivas have allowed 10 in past 4 games & Philly allowed 11 in their past 4. Philly's games average 2.86 goals per game & Chivas average 2.92. Philadelphia's last 2 matches were 5-3 & 4-1 losses, hopefully the problems at the back continue.

GL on that MLS play however a couple points you'd have to consider.

In those 4 games Chivas have played, they have gone against teams that can score....
problems at the back will only continue against teams that can actually score.
Plenty of times you see two really shit defences go against each other but they cannot score!

Italians are terrible offensively...think there will be some value on other teams to win their group in the WCup

Italians are terrible offensively...think there will be some value on other teams to win their group in the WCup

i'd beg to differ there considering the World Cup is a very defensive format. Teams that can defend will go far, teams that can play possession can win.
Thus you see teams like Germany, Spain and Brasil consistently up there.
There's no value on Uruguay which means you'd be wagering on England to beat Italy in the first game

didn't say they wouldn't advance, just said I think there is a chance they may not win their group...think they go something like 1-0-2, this is very possible in this group with their style of play...a record of 1-0-2 is more than enough to advance but hardly enough to win it

i did notice betfair currently has Italy has heavy favs to qualify at 1.45.
to win the group Italy are 2.75.

The odd thing I saw was Uruguay to win the group 3.00, England to win the group 3.35 yet Uruguay to qualify 1.60 and England 1.61.

The way things are currently shaping up, England to win group 3.35 is probably the best bet in terms of what we seek in value as they are a team that actually can score!

agreed mike, I was thinking of playing both of those dogs to win the group

Japan +125 (3*)

Just saw starting lineups...think they are going for the W...they only need one goal as I don't believe Costa Rica can score

Last edited:
Costa Rica is also missing not only Oviedo but Saborio who got injured in training. I haven't seen them play in at least 6 months but I'm pretty sure they will be garbage, only problem is the will prolly stack the box with 10 bums tonight

I'm actually starting to think Japan is going to pose decent value as they did in 2010. Out of all the Asian teams they really are the ones that show they can actually score a bloody goal.

Quasi home game for Mexico in Chicago. Mexican coach said he still has competition for starting spots, so could see a lot of players ( think 6 is the max number of subs) used. Bosnia can score goals, and I just don't think Mexico is defensively strong against competent offenses, which Bosnia is

I'm thinking over, but friendlies can be crapshoot a at times.

Any thoughts bc?

i wouldn't say Bosnia is a competent offence when really their entire squad is built on flooding the midfield.
Only 2 true forwards on that squad.

as you mentioned what is the motivation here? Both squads in the WC so both will be wary about injuries, last thing you want is a guy like Dzeko being knocked out. the O/U is going to be determined by what Mexico want to do, if they want to attack well they sure are playing with fire as Bosnians will be more than happy to play counter. But if the game is a slower pace then this is probably going to favor Mexico a bit.

Maybe I have the teams wrong mike, but I thought Bosnia scored a good bit of goals in qualifying?

Bosnia has scored a ton. They scored 25 goals in 10 2010 qualifiers. They led their group in 2012 Euro qualifiers with 17 in 10 games.

In 20144, they were in Group G with Greece (4 goals allowed), Slovakia-10, Lithuania-11, Latvia-10, Liechtenstein-25; they scored 30 goals in the 10 games.

They scored 3 of the 4 given up by Greece.

I just don't know about motivation, but this squad can score, imo. and a lot of it is due to Dzeko.

And Mexico is in shambles and are going to have to try to figure out what they are going to do. Tonight may be some experiments.

Maybe I have the teams wrong mike, but I thought Bosnia scored a good bit of goals in qualifying?

when you play against Liechtenstein, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia and Greece you better score some goals.
Aside from Greece everyone else is definitely easy to score against.
The only impressive game they had in qualifying was 3-1 vs Greeks but in the return leg it was a snoozefest 0-0.
If Bosnia are losing and are pressed to try and score they can, but if they have the lead they don't go for the kill unless the counter is really easy.
Again they are another team that's all about their midfield so any team they play against that packs the mid then it will be rather stale, but if a team plans on attacking them, they will have plenty of opportunities.

dont be fooled when comparing WC qualifying, I mean I can say Ukraine's offence is powerful when they scored 28 but they played San Marino twice winning 8-0 and 9-0 haha.

dont be fooled when comparing WC qualifying, I mean I can say Ukraine's offence is powerful when they scored 28 but they played San Marino twice winning 8-0 and 9-0 haha.

Agreed. Thats nhy i brought up Greece and the other clubs (with goals given up)

Agreed. Thats nhy i brought up Greece and the other clubs (with goals given up)

the game against the US though that is the prime example of what will happen when teams attack them, they will score but if scored upon it's a shit show.

I read they were playing a diamond midfield , which was leaving them exposed in the back. They have changed to. 4-5-1 recently

i'm going to play the over in game as you said Braves Mexicans are going to be exposed and Bosnia will take advantage

I was referring to Bosnians formation mike

oh Chico, that would have been way against the run of play

i'm going to play the over in game as you said Braves Mexicans are going to be exposed and Bosnia will take advantage

Seems like Mexico will be content with absorbing pressure , and hope to get something off the counter. This is probably how they will play Brazil and Crotia, so they might not be a good over team. I still think their defense sucks though

Armenia +2.75 -103

sorry guys didn't really have an opinion on Mexico the other day...I like em to win or draw against Portugal tomorrow, wont post it as a play in here though...at the moment Portugal is very average with current injuries and I believe Mexico wants to have a solid showing in this one before the Cup begins

Germany hasn't won by 3 goals or more in a friendly since 2011, same goes for Armenia, they haven't lost by 3 goals or more since 2011...I believe Armenia is a bit under rated (look at their WCup qualifier scores)...I cant see Germany being extremely motivated to make their best showing in a friendly in more than 3 years in this situation, they have nothing to prove and are only concerned with being healthy for gm1 when it matters...maybe have a game or two more tomorrow

Slovenia/Argentina...A Team Scoreless -135 (*3)

I think we all know what team here...Slovenia have failed to score in the past 2 friendlies, things won't get any easier today

very cheap price to me, had a friend of mine argue with me on this point but he is also the worst sports wagerer I know...Argentina is something like a -400 fav and I basically got the same wager at 135...it is much more likely for Argentina to get shutout than it is for Slovenia to score a goal, I don't even need Argentina to score that's the beauty of the one

Ireblue...+1.75= +1.5-2...this means if they lose by 2 goals It goes down as a half push, meaning I would get half my money risked back...if they lose by one goal I would win the entire wager...hope this helps

Back