LeBron to be named MVP today.

wizardofodd

Resident Newlywed
no surprise. its a local paper, but who else they gonna give it to?

<TABLE id=button-bar cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>http://www.cbssports.com/print/nba/story/11707834</TD><TD>http://www.cbssports.com/emailafrie...portedly to be named MVP for first time - NBA</TD><TD>http://www.cbssports.com/xml/rss</TD><TD>http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u...r first time - NBA - CBSSports.com Basketball
http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u...r first time - NBA - CBSSports.com Basketballhttp://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url=...r first time - NBA - CBSSports.com Basketballhttp://del.icio.us/post?v=4&noui&ju...r first time - NBA - CBSSports.com Basketballhttp://myweb.yahoo.com/myresults/bo...u=http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11707834

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- T11707834 --><!-- Sesame Modified: 05/04/2009 10:14:07 --><!-- sversion: 4 $Updated: fagan$ -->
Cleveland Cavaliers All-Star LeBron James will be named NBA Most Valuable Player for the first time Monday afternoon, the Cleveland Plain-Dealer is reporting on its website.
James' Cavaliers, who begin their second-round series Tuesday night against the Orlando Magic, went a franchise-best 66-16 in the regular season to claim the league's best record for the first time. Cleveland swept the Detroit Pistons 4-0 in the first round of the NBA playoffs.
[SIZE=+1]•[/SIZE] NBA Awards Watch | Previous winners
James finished second to Dwyane Wade in the NBA scoring race this season, averaging 28.4 points per game. The five-time All-Star also averaged 7.6 rebounds and 7.2 assists while also becoming a force on the defensive end.
James, whose best previous finish in MVP voting was second, to Steve Nash in 2006, will be the first Cavaliers player to win the award.

no surprise. its a local paper, but who else they gonna give it to?

<TABLE id=button-bar cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- T11707834 --><!-- Sesame Modified: 05/04/2009 10:14:07 --><!-- sversion: 4 $Updated: fagan$ -->
Cleveland Cavaliers All-Star LeBron James will be named NBA Most Valuable Player for the first time Monday afternoon, the Cleveland Plain-Dealer is reporting on its website.
James' Cavaliers, who begin their second-round series Tuesday night against the Orlando Magic, went a franchise-best 66-16 in the regular season to claim the league's best record for the first time. Cleveland swept the Detroit Pistons 4-0 in the first round of the NBA playoffs.
[SIZE=+1]•[/SIZE] NBA Awards Watch | Previous winners
James finished second to Dwyane Wade in the NBA scoring race this season, averaging 28.4 points per game. The five-time All-Star also averaged 7.6 rebounds and 7.2 assists while also becoming a force on the defensive end.
James, whose best previous finish in MVP voting was second, to Steve Nash in 2006, will be the first Cavaliers player to win the award.

How did they get their opponent wrong haha

and, arent they playing the hawks? maybe not so accurate... James' Cavaliers, who begin their second-round series Tuesday night against the Orlando Magic

i know you're from New Orleans, but how the fuck would CP3 win MVP?

DWade shoulda had it

CP should have gotten more consideration is what he is saying is my guess. Take him off that team and they win 15 games, much like Miami last year. Everytime he sat down, that team struggled horribly.

It was LeBron's turn and he had an incredible year to boot. It is generally always someone's turn. Not always, but many times.

Will accept it at SVSM is the word around here.

Didn't he also attend their playoff/championship game earlier this year?

Despite all the speculation of how James will bolt for a bigger media market team as a FA, like the Knicks, I think James will stay in Cleveland since he maintains such close ties to his home city, high school, etc. He's certainly not hurting for endorsements right now.

i agree dunedan...

mvp more than well-deserved...and he should have gotten defensive player of the yr

for the people that get it...FSN Oh has the special live right now...

Word around the street is Philly is trading Iguodala and Sammy D to Houston for McGrady and his expiring contract...

Look for LeBron to sign in Philly in 2010

:shake:

Word around the street is Philly is trading Iguodala and Sammy D to Houston for McGrady and his expiring contract...

Look for LeBron to sign in Philly in 2010

:shake:

LMAO:36_11_6:....i said it once ill say it again...5%jersey...3% knicks(only because i personally spoke to one of his close close boys before he got drafted and told me then he didnt want to clome to cleveland but play in NY,but that was a long time ago and things have changes...and 97% he stays here..will probably shock the world and sign the 1st day he possisbly can...his fucking 10 million dollar house wont even be finished being built by then....he isnt going anywhere

tmac has been bashing lebron on radio shows for the last 2 weeks...sucks for you guys that you'd have that worthless thug

smoke youd rather have tmac post operation than ai? wow. i most certainly wouldnt...you guys lost in the 1st round this year which is as good as tmac has ever done in his prime...cant believe most philly fans dislike ai i think the guy is awesome

SmokeDawg I'll drive half-way there, we can do the T-MAC & AI+Sammy D trade. lol. If this deal is real, man i'm excited. I'm tired of T-MAC and that @ssHole saying Lakers gonna win championship, probably true but he still a bastard for saying that.

OMG mo williams had on a yanks hat and ben wallace had on a cowbaoys hat...oh shit,they must be leaving..blah,blah,blah....the press conference was awesome..especially for us locals,naming streets around like market and exchange,i drive up and down those every day..cool shit...and the sian cotton kid he was talking about(who went to high school and played with lebron and osu for football),him and i played little league baseball together,were on teams for like 5 years..kid threw fuckin heat at 10 yrs old

smoke youd rather have tmac post operation than ai? wow. i most certainly wouldnt...you guys lost in the 1st round this year which is as good as tmac has ever done in his prime...cant believe most philly fans dislike ai i think the guy is awesome

Its not about having TMac (though for one year, a core of TMac, Brand and Thad Young has every bit the chance to succeed if not be better than whatever they could throw out there with Iggy), its about getting Dalembert and Iguodala out of here

Dalembert has something like $25 million coming his way the next two years...

Iguodala has 5 years and $70 million due to him...

Thats patently absurd. Hes an OK player...he can function as like the third guy on a good team, maybe even the second guy...but if hes your best guy, then youre not going anywhere...

Plus he plays the same position as Thad Young, whos younger, cheaper and better...

Fuck em...Id rather have the cap room to sign some people who can actually shoot (and if someone wants to take Brand too, id be thrilled)

These sixers are going no where with Iguodala and Dalembert taking up half their cap space...personally id blow it up and get rid of everyone on the team except Thad, Speights and maybe Lou Will

Oh and I want Lowry in the trade too...

Ya know, so Jay Wright has someone who knows the system when he gets hired as coach...

No way Houston deal goes down.

IMO, iggy or young (more likely Iggy) will get moved in the off season for a pg who can play a half court game. No one wants Brand. Iggy and young are THE ONLY tradeable assets on that team.

Miller is as good as gone, so they need a pg desperately. Calderone would be a good fit in Philly and am pretty sure he will be made available.

Good riddance to Miller...he cant shoot or defend

Id take Calderon...but I think theyre gonna see what they can get in the draft first...

Someone like Eric Maynor, Steph Curry, Ty Lawson or Tyreke Evans are all projected to go in the area the sixers pick...

And theres no way Dalemberts back next year...they might have to take on some atrocious contract to get rid of him, but hes gone...and if hes not traded, he'll get bought out...

if kobe was in the east he would have those stats too.....but the real CTG OG's already knew i would say that

Good riddance to Miller...he cant shoot or defend

Id take Calderon...but I think theyre gonna see what they can get in the draft first...

Someone like Eric Maynor, Steph Curry, Ty Lawson or Tyreke Evans are all projected to go in the area the sixers pick...

And theres no way Dalemberts back next year...they might have to take on some atrocious contract to get rid of him, but hes gone...and if hes not traded, he'll get bought out...

6ers probably will need to get a vet. pg to retool, there isnt a pg in the draft that can step in right away. Maynor is probably the only one that will be any where near the 6ers pick.

Dalembert's decreased play in the last couple of years apparently was partly due to coaching. Last year Cheeks told Dally to change the way he played in order to stay on the court longer, but he got so passive that he got lazier and committed more cheap fouls. They should just unleash him. I think he pairs up well with Brand and in a half court game. It makes too much sense to unload Iggy.

6ers probably will need to get a vet. pg to retool, there isnt a pg in the draft that can step in right away. Maynor is probably the only one that will be any where near the 6ers pick.

Dalembert's decreased play in the last couple of years apparently was partly due to coaching. Last year Cheeks told Dally to change the way he played in order to stay on the court longer, but he got so passive that he got lazier and committed more cheap fouls. They should just unleash him. I think he pairs up well with Brand and in a half court game. It makes too much sense to unload Iggy.

True...theres a bunch of PGs in this draft though...theres people like Jonny Flynn and Jrue Holiday and Jeff Teague and Darren Collison as well...

As for Dalembert, hes a lost cause. Hes too stupid to succeed. Hes literally the dumbest person to ever step foot on an NBA court. Calling him a stupid motherfucker would be an insult to stupid motherfuckers everywhere. When the Canadian national team doesnt even want you around (probably out of fear that his moronic stupidity was contageous) and asks you to go home, somethings wrong...

True...theres a bunch of PGs in this draft though...theres people like Jonny Flynn and Jrue Holiday and Jeff Teague and Darren Collison as well...

As for Dalembert, hes a lost cause. Hes too stupid to succeed. Hes literally the dumbest person to ever step foot on an NBA court. Calling him a stupid motherfucker would be an insult to stupid motherfuckers everywhere. When the Canadian national team doesnt even want you around (probably out of fear that his moronic stupidity was contageous) and asks you to go home, somethings wrong...

Olympic team fiasco was mostly due to Rautins (another ex-6er). His son (Andy) ratted on Sammy about some shit and Leo went off in protection of his son. If your on the same side as Leo, you're on the wrong side.

McGrady or Iverson? My god. That's like choosing the gallows or the firing squad. You couldn't pay me enough to accept either one of those idiots on my team.

If Dalembert wasnt ridiculously over paid people would love him. The next team that he plays for and gets paid a normal amount and can play the role he was born to play will love Sammy's D and ability to affect a ton of shots....I hate Billy King to this day for ruining this team. This is still his fault (its becoming Ed's though). this is a critical off season for the sixers....either thad or iggy has to go, they are the two best players and play the same position and they need a PG in return becuase as of now there isnt a single PG on this roster. Then in the draft just get the biggest human with decent footwaork left at their position. I dont know if its feasible, but i would probabily take the McGrady deal as well (and if they could get a PG like Lowry who is super under rated IMO that would be great), then you get a PG, McGrady at the 2 for now, Thad 3, EB 4, then Speights/Smith/whatever at 5 and pray.

I dont like Iggy, but i dont hate him either....if he could play the 3 here he would be fine, he is a god awful 2....me and him have one thing in common....we cant shoot.

Finally, how the hell does every thread including LeBron MVP (well deserved by the way) thread turn into philly discussions....good work Smoke.

don't ever put the words Sian Cotton and ohio state football in the same sentence jimbo....get is a fat piece of worthless garbage...romeo travis coulda played better DT than that lazy pothead...prolly even dru joyce.

McGrady or Iverson? My god. That's like choosing the gallows or the firing squad. You couldn't pay me enough to accept either one of those idiots on my team.

Ya know what? At this point...if they couldnt move Dalembert or Iggy and get shut out on free agents...Id take Iverson back for the mid level exception...if the team's gonna suck anyways, they might as well be entertaining...and AI back in Philly would be entertaining at least...

(It might also be the only way they sell tickets next year...there were 5000 empty seats for Game 6 against Orlando)

Back