Lebron scored 61 tonight

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Blame Durant.

Dude's mouth gave the Heat another 'ship.

All hail the King (of the NBA)...

Yeah all this Durant talk of being MVP has turned Lebron up a notch. You know he's pissed that Durant doesn't have a championship yet and is getting more talk then him.

vs Bobcats...anyone even watch it?
I don't think this is impressive especially when he had 33 shot attempts!!!
The closest he's been to those shot attempts was Dec 23 vs Hawks @ 28 shot attempts and he scored 38
Giving the fact that LJ has a high FG% when given the amount of chances he did tonight of course he's going to blow up, but really the Bobcats didn't give a shit.
End of the day, LJ got his look at me game vs a bad team

vs Bobcats...anyone even watch it?
I don't think this is impressive especially when he had 33 shot attempts!!!
The closest he's been to those shot attempts was Dec 23 vs Hawks @ 28 shot attempts and he scored 38
Giving the fact that LJ has a high FG% when given the amount of chances he did tonight of course he's going to blow up, but really the Bobcats didn't give a shit.
End of the day, LJ got his look at me game vs a bad team

Dude started out 8/8 from 3Pt you're talking nonsense lol

he shot 66% tonight, what are you talking about Mike?

so? he also shot 66% in his last game vs Magic...8/12
i'm not looking at that, I'm looking at the amount of shots he took today....33 when the team overall took 83.
22/33 vs the bobcats is nothing to boast about, especially when Al Jefferson also one uped him shooting % 17/24
If he did this vs an actually decent team then alright great but he scored points vs a shit team big whoop.
He's had far better games than this production wise, take a look at the 2 games against Dallas

Game had an almost fake vibe to it with no team playing any type of defense either way. With bench guys from the Bobcats being called on to guard Lebron 1 on 1??? Didn't feel like a real game to me... almost like something the doctor ordered in.

giphy.gif

seriously why are you guys so impressed by this?
I find it rather ironic that the other highest individual scoring output this season was by Carmelo Anthony...62 points against....you guessed it the Charlotte Bobcats and how many shots did he take? 35.
Unlike Melo, LJ does not take a lot of shots, only reason he got to this number was because he had no Wade, he had 49pts through 3 and was up by 19, Bobcats didn't give a shit defensively just basically gave him the points when he wanted.

Game had an almost fake vibe to it with no team playing any type of defense either way. With bench guys from the Bobcats being called on to guard Lebron 1 on 1??? Didn't feel like a real game to me... almost like something the doctor ordered in.

exactly, the game was done 3 Q's in, the 4th was simply just pass the ball to lebron

With this happening I think it only adds to the angle that the Thunder/Durant will look to beat the Sixers by 50 tomorrow.

Think there is a lot of value on the -20, lol

because the game was done in after 3Qs b/c he was 8/8 from 3PT...

not a single player in the 3pt contest this season hit 8 in a row on all-star saturday lmao

he was 29 minutes in with 49 points...

had he just scored a point a minute late in the 3rd the Heat would've been losing at that point lol

I hate LeBron...but 8-for-8 from 3 is sick, disgustingly sick. 8-for-8 would even be sick in the 3-pt contest.

because the game was done in after 3Qs b/c he was 8/8 from 3PT...

not a single player in the 3pt contest this season hit 8 in a row on all-star saturday lmao

he was 29 minutes in with 49 points...

had he just scored a point a minute late in the 3rd the Heat would've been losing at that point lol

Now that's just weird lol...I swear I didn't read this before my previous post.

I used to be Lebron hater. What he's doing this season is just silly. He doesn't even try to score most of the time. Tonight was an exception. I haven't checked but I doubt there are more than a handful of poor shooting performances this season. He's making it looks way too easy

With this happening I think it only adds to the angle that the Thunder/Durant will look to beat the Sixers by 50 tomorrow.

Think there is a lot of value on the -20, lol
i really hope you are right about that.
[TABLE="class: after_win_ats"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: alt"]After 20+ Point Win[/TH]
[TH="class: alt, colspan: 5"] [/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: alt"]PHI[/TH]
[TD]0-0-0[/TD]
[TD]0-0-0[/TD]
[TD]0-0-0[/TD]
[TD]0-0-0[/TD]
[TD]0-0-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: alt"]OKC[/TH]
[TD]2-5-0[/TD]
[TD]1-2-0[/TD]
[TD]1-3-0[/TD]
[TD]2-5-0[/TD]
[TD]0-0-[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Hmmmm....

I like the fact for about 10 minutes or so he outscored the bobcats....BY HIMSELF... like 32-31 or something.

I'll have to watch it at some point but starting 8 of 8 on threes and having his best qtr ever(25 in 3rd) is impressive.

Bobcats also the number 6 defense in league...(and yet give up 62 and 61 this year).

Hmmmm....

I like the fact for about 10 minutes or so he outscored the bobcats....BY HIMSELF... like 32-31 or something.

I'll have to watch it at some point but starting 8 of 8 on threes and having his best qtr ever(25 in 3rd) is impressive.

Bobcats also the number 6 defense in league...(and yet give up 62 and 61 this year).

come on -your better than that- that is a bloated number - look at their home and away defense percentage if you are going to go down that path.....
then look at their schedule since the all star break... and the b2b okc then miami...

Not saying what Lebron did wasn't awesome, the shooting percentage and type of shoots were just insane but there was no defense in that game at all

Cash Man..

other then Durant, there isn't another player in the league that can make it look that easy....you guys are right, it was too easy for lebron last night...

but that's simply b/c when he's playing like that, there is absolutely no stopping him....he could've been facing the bulls or the pacers or the 2006 San Antonio Spurs...

He was getting insane looks b/c he was draining threes....

it's like what happens when Shaq's making that baby hook from a step or two further outside the box...it just opens up play so much it's silly

i am not debating that - i am saying throwing the defensive percentage stat out there is meaningless......

there have been other players that had a high 3pt shooting percentage but never get spoken about.

I still think LJ has had better games this year than a 61pt outburst vs the Bobcats. As mentioned before the game was already over with 12mins remaining, I saw this game and it really was "well we aint stopping lebron, lets hope he misses and just give it to Jefferson" which was exactly what they did.

Think about it, they gave up a 107 points to the Bobcats!? The night prior playing the Thunder they shot 30/68...so how is it that they all of a sudden go from 68 to 82?

I don't think this thread is about the heats performance defensively last night. Not sure why that matters. Kobe scored 81 vs the raptors. Nobody cares what type of defense is being played or how the game was already "over". That's not what will be remembered.

I don't think this thread is about the heats performance defensively last night. Not sure why that matters. Kobe scored 81 vs the raptors. Nobody cares what type of defense is being played or how the game was already "over". That's not what will be remembered.

right.
still no defense on either side means there will be more possessions to play with.
the lack of defence on the Heats part was simply to allow the Bobcats to just score so they can give LJ the ball again.
I'm still not impressed with this as oppose to his performances vs the Mavericks where all around he was proficiently defensively and offensively.
Heck even LJ himself wants to win Defensive Player of the Year. We all know this.

LJ has a chance to score a high number every game he plays but he isn't as selfish as Melo.
61 is meh and I'm sure he knows it to, end of the day it will go down to one of his personal accolades but it's another regular season game against an inferior opponent.
Put 61 in the playoffs when it matters then it will be marked as one of the greatest individual performances.
No one talks about Melos 62pt vs Bobcats anymore

Defense spends energy which is best saved for an opponent that can challenge, like tonight. Cats presented no threat, why waste the juice.

Back