Lebron Prop- Game 4

b/c that's the exception, not the rule....

popovitch is all about bobbing and weaving...he understands the type of effort and aggressiveness that Lebron is going to come out with tonight. In the past, Pop has isolated a team from their superstar while in beast mode. Let the star get a bunch of hollow points as long as you focus on cutting off his support system. Sustaining runs and withstanding Spurs runs will require Wade and Bosh, and role players. I think Pop lets James overplay his hand tonight. Take 30+ shots...probably a few TOs to cancel out some of the beast production...Really cut down on the assists, which really changes the productivity level. James with 25 points and 8 assists and 8 boards is better then JAmes with 35 points and 3 assists and 8 rebounds with 4 TOs...

You're not gonna be able to stop LEbron from getting his tonight...he's going to score, possibly to the detriment of his team's success. I would stay away from this prop.

Gun to my head I lean over.

Ivy- You think Pop sticks with the same defensive strategy on Bron? Sagging off him 5 feet and daring him to take the mid range shot or do you expect Pop to come out have Leonard in his grill from the jump?

Btw which is just incredible. Name one other star perimeter player where the defense would literally back 5 feet off him and dare him to shoot. Can you imagine if teams tried that with MJ, Kobe? They'd score 60 each time

Btw which is just incredible. Name one other star perimeter player where the defense would literally back 5 feet off him and dare him to shoot. Can you imagine if teams tried that with MJ, Kobe? They'd score 60 each time
ding ding ding, we have a winner.

This new strategy COULD be the end of LeBron as a superstar. At least I'm hoping this strategy is contagious and LeBron falls flat on his face from this day forward.

Also... IF this strategy is contagious, will LeBron work as hard as MJ and Kobe did to improve his outside game? I'm thinking NO (or HELL no) would be the answer to that.

Also... IF this strategy is contagious, will LeBron work as hard as MJ and Kobe did to improve his outside game? I'm thinking NO (or HELL no) would be the answer to that.

I would go with no. If he hasn't gotten to the point where he is confident enough to torch a team for giving him a wide open mid range j the whole game then he is never going to get it. It's the ultimate slap in the face D for any superstar

The only thing LeBron really has is his physicality (which, of course, is a HUGE advantage). Other than that, what does he really have on the rest of the league? Nothing... Nice to see a team (or a genius like Pop) finally recognize this, and, hopefully ruin LeBron forever. We are all witnesses! "WITNESS!"

You guys gotta realize that Pop is a magician...he's pulling a rabbit out of his hat. This magic trick is temporary. This is now how he tried to guard him with Bowen...James is gonna be James tonight. James is gonna be James for the rest of his career. His PER for the last 6 seasons is just hilariously good. He was one vote from the defensive player of the year....Leonard is a great defended but nobody can stop James if his intention is to score as much as he can. James was trying to get his entire team going so they could roll through San Antonio. He's not going to attempt to shoulder the load himself. I don't think it's going to work, but it's what he has decided to do. Pop's strategy is going to be slightly different tonight in my estimation. I don't think he's going to expend the same amount of defensive effort collectively as they have in the first three games. you guys gotta understand that too much is being made of this sit back and let him shoot...James is getting picked and chipped almost every 5 seconds of game time he's out there. Pop's team just executes his game plan to a tee. James is gonna be uber aggressive, take lots of shots...probably hit a decent amount of them....take it to the hoop as much as possible....he's gonna get calls tonight... it's gonna be a good statistical night for James. Whether it can be an effective night for James tonight, remains to be seen.

i've said it over and over again about lebronce...i will never even consider a player for the best in the league if he can't shoot...lebronce's shot is horrible and it always will be. outside of the paint this guy will never shoot over 35% consistently, so clog the paint and back off his ass--almost every time a defender plays his jump shot it's stupid defense, and i don't know why this isn't common sense for every opposing coach.

Problem with what you guys are saying is that Lebron has continued to improve whatever part of his game that was lacking. His shooting has improved tremendously. Just because he hasn't performed well in the finals doesn't mean everything. Something happened behind the scenes that fucked up the chemistry between wade Lebron and bosh.

Lebron is mentally weak. He has to have everyone like him and he doesn't like his teammates angry with him. That's his flaw. 80% mental.

Lebron O 6.5 FTs? I know SA is keeping him out of the paint, but if he's planning on taking over the game, I think he gets to the line.

Problem with what you guys are saying is that Lebron has continued to improve whatever part of his game that was lacking. His shooting has improved tremendously. Just because he hasn't performed well in the finals doesn't mean everything. Something happened behind the scenes that fucked up the chemistry between wade Lebron and bosh.

Lebron is mentally weak. He has to have everyone like him and he doesn't like his teammates angry with him. That's his flaw. 80% mental.

Nah man I can't go along with this. This is his 10th year in the league and 4th finals appearance. If he hasn't developed his midrange shot by now to the point where the best coach in the league doesn't have his guys playing 5 feet off him daring him to shoot then it's never going to happen. That's fucking embarassing and inexcusable

Nah man I can't go along with this. This is his 10th year in the league and 4th finals appearance. If he hasn't developed his midrange shot by now to the point where the best coach in the league doesn't have his guys playing 5 feet off him daring him to shoot then it's never going to happen. That's fucking embarassing and inexcusable

agreed, it's embarrassing that a professional player considered to be the best basketballer in the world, who practices his jumper hundreds of times a day, still shoots worse than the majority of my old high school basketball team.

agreed, it's embarrassing that a professional player considered to be the best basketballer in the world, who practices his jumper hundreds of times a day, still shoots worse than the majority of my old high school basketball team.

Lol right

I don't have any idea why you're hating on Lebron's jumper....he's a fine shooter who hits a decent % of 3s these days, which was a massive improvement from the beginning of his career.

Btw, it's embarrassing that the best player in the world held over a 31 PER this season with a positive 10 +/- , a 58% FG percentage, and one vote shy of the defensive player of the year? You guys are nutssssssss lol

Lebron aint Carmelo

he is everything else but a GREAT shooter

i think yall are crazy...there was a time in his career where he was an awful shooter...not anymore

Your HS team is hitting over 40% from NBA 3pt land huh?

I don't have any idea why you're hating on Lebron's jumper....he's a fine shooter who hits a decent % of 3s these days, which was a massive improvement from the beginning of his career.

Btw, it's embarrassing that the best player in the world held over a 31 PER this season with a positive 10 +/- , a 58% FG percentage, and one vote shy of the defensive player of the year? You guys are nutssssssss lol

Dude how is it not embarassing that defenders are giving him wide open 15-18 footers and he isn't torching the shit outta that. That's the baseball equivalent and of bring your 3rd and 1st basemen in closer cause the hitter can't get it out of the outfield. The supposed greatest player on the planet shouldn't be given wide open midrange shots in game 3 of the finals. Are you kidding me? Jordan, Kobe, Pierce, Melo etc etc etc would demolish that kinda shit

You guys have to realize that his psyche is fucked up. He is trying to make his teammates happy instead of just playing carefree. Leonard is playing really really well too. He is not a bad shooter anymore.

Geezus theres always an excuse made for that guy. His psyche lol. This is the finals for the chip, who the fuck cares about psyche. Man up or show me the baby

reminder--i'm talking about his jumpshots beyond the paint...not his defense, not his driving, not his rebounding, not his passing. ivy, it was an aberration that he hit 40% 3's this season...he is legitimately and consistently a sub-35% outside shooter. and yes, it's not hard for spot shooters, even at a high school level, to hit 35% or more from downtown. also, let me add that a good high school shooter shoots 80%+ from the foul line, while lebronce is legitimately and consistently a sub-75% free throw shooter. although he has made improvements from when he started in the league, his jump shot is still in the vicinity of metta world peace.

Big units, you seem like a nice dude but you don't have the tiniest clue what you're talking about. And that's coming from the guy who created a massive anti Lebron thread last may and still isn't his biggest fan.

raems, i like your insight on nba...what i'm saying really isn't an opinion, i'm just going by the simple numbers. can you really argue that a quality basketball shooter doesn't shoot 80% or better from the line and 35% or better from outside the paint? shooting the basketball really isn't that hard, i don't know why everyone is making it seem like hitting a wiffleball.

Geezus theres always an excuse made for that guy. His psyche lol. This is the finals for the chip, who the fuck cares about psyche. Man up or show me the baby

Who cares? If you don't know the team situation and aren't incorporating that in your capping then I guess I can't say anything further.

I hate Lebron but I'm not blind.

raems, i like your insight on nba...what i'm saying really isn't an opinion, i'm just going by the simple numbers. can you really argue that a quality basketball shooter doesn't shoot 80% or better from the line and 35% or better from outside the paint? shooting the basketball really isn't that hard, i don't know why everyone is making it seem like hitting a wiffleball.

75% from the line is respectable...

and he's nowhere near under 35% from outside the paint....dude is 40% from 3 point land...link me your stat kid

Who cares Kobe, mj are better shooters that's not a secret lol....some of you are legit nuts due to sports media

That's pretty much what VK was saying.

Altho im not sure thats what he meant i actually meant to quote the post below him saying the end of lebron as a superstar lol

phone sucks to post on thats why i hardly do

rhe goat will always get killed

lol vill simmons just pointed out the heat off a loss ATS

7 out of 10 from midrange in Game 4. He shot 41% from 3 on 254 attempts this year, that's not an aberration, it isn't due to one 20 game streak or anything like that.

Also, btw, you have to understand the tactics and the math behind all of this. 41% from 3 = 1.23 points per attempt. Midrange jumpers are the worst shot in basketball, literally the last thing worth practicing and focusing on improving, especially with a guy with Lebron's body and skilset. He knows he can shoot 3's now and he knows he can live in the paint (literally the best scorer at the rim in the entire league other than guys who only catch lobs). Move into midrange, where the defense WINS every time you shoot, and say you shoot 46% which is still a premiere percentage in the league. Now do the math--even if you're a premiere midrange shooter, each midrange shot is worth .92 points. 1.23 points from 3, .92 points from 2. Lebron KNOWS that, and he gets hesitant when he is left with no option but to shoot the midrange shot because he knows how shitty an option it is. When you get hesitant, you're even less likely to hit that shot. Notice the decisiveness in game 4? How confident he was and how quick his decisions were? That's a big reason why a lot of those midrange jumpers went in.

The 35% or better stat you provided isn't based on any facts whatsoever. It's blatantly, extremely incorrect.

Back